‹ Prequel: A New Beginning
Status: ACTIVE.

Till the End

Blessing & A Curse.

Jayden's Point Of View

Two Weeks Later..


"I wish taco bell could deliver.. Do they do deliveries?" Uncle Jim asked.

"I don't think so, babe" Aunt Leanna answered while texting.

Today was Saturday and the family had nothing planned to do. I'd join Abby doing homework in the kitchen, but me doing homework on a Saturday? Let's get realistic here. Plus, I'm sure she's still irritated with me after confronting her that Luke is and always will be a cheater.

"I'm soooooo bored! Can we please do something?!" Uncle Johnny whined.

Abby soon came out of the kitchen with a bunch of files in her arms and handed them to my Mom.

"Alright Mama Baker, I've balanced your checkbook and all that snaz. You're all good"

"You balanced our checkbook?" My Dad asked in disbelief.

"Well yeah. I finished my homework hours ago and decided to do everyone's financial needs" she answered.

"Sometimes I worry about you"

"Did I mention that the bank owes you money for some profit misunderstandings?" she said crossing her arms with a smirk on her cute face.

"And sometimes I'm glad that we have you for that" Dad said.

"HEY GUYS! FAMILY MEETING IN THE KITCHEN NOW!" Uncle Matt shouted.

I wonder what this is about. We all began to walk into the kitchen with confused faces and then sat down around the dining table.

"So what's up, Matt?" Uncle Brian asked.

"I just got an email"

"From?" Uncle Jim asked.

"An editor"

"FROOOOOOOOOOOM?!"

"A magazine"

"Daddy, if you don't cut to the chase I'm going to throw the biggest tantrum ever" Abby replied.

"Rolling fucking Stones!" Uncle burst out in excitement.

"No fucking way!?" Dad yelled out.

"Yes way! I just got an email from the head editor asking if they could interview us and do a photo shoot to be on the cover of it"

"Rolling Stones? Do you understand how big of an opportunity this is to be on the cover on one of the biggest magazine covers in the world?!" Uncle Brian shouted.

Rolling fucking Stones. Sometimes I forget of how much of a blessing my family is and how far they've come, even after all these years. To think that they're able to take a breath and say "I've made it" and making everyone proud with their music career.

"They want all of us there. Wives and kids" Uncle Matt stated.

"They want us to come along? But why? Shouldn't it be about you guys and you guys only?" Abby asked.

"I guess they want it to be a family thing, ya'know?"

Great. Meaning everyone including myself would have to go. Not that it was a bad thing don't get me wrong, it's just photo shoots aren't really my thing and I can't pose for shit.

"Sweet! So when do we do the interview and photo shoot?" Uncle Johnny asked.

"It's been scheduled for next week Saturday. Better on a weekend than a school day" Uncle Matt declared.

As everyone was still in a daze and discussing how awesome it would be to be featured on Rolling Stones, I sensed a pair of hazel eyes burning upon me. And it was for sure wasn't Uncle Matt. I looked over to my right seeing a small grin on Abby's face as she nodded her head to the direction of the back door leading towards the backyard. I hopped off the stool I was sitting on and followed behind the little red head.

She stopped for a second and closing her eyes. Taking in a deep breath of fresh air before sitting down on one of the chairs. I took a seat next to her, not looking in her direction.. Still a little deathly afraid that she's still pissed off at me.

"Isn't it crazy?" She spoke.

I turned my head, brows furrowed together with a confused look on my face. "What's crazy?"

"Life" she simply said.

I still wasn't getting it.. And I guess she could sense my confusion since the dumbfounded look still remained on my face.

She chuckled. "I feel like life is a blessing and a curse. You make many, many, many mistakes in order to get things right. And to achieve anything you desire as long as you put in the hard work. Sometimes I just wish things could happen in a blink of an eye without doing any work whatsoever".

I still wasn't getting to what her point was, but nodded anyway.

"Honestly, I always wonder what it would be like if I wasn't adopted into this family. What if I was adopted into another family, or not even adopted at all" she blurted out.

"Don't say that! You're an amazing girl, Abby. You may not think this, but you're actually a blessing for Uncle Matt and Aunt Val"

"What are you talking about?"

"Look, before you arrived I remembered the constant arguments your parents would have. We were young, but I wasn't stupid. How they accused each other it was their fault they couldn't have a baby. How every time they would go out and see babies, it would make Aunt Val jealous. It took them awhile for them to accept the fact that they couldn't create life, but they could change someone elses life".

"But why would-" I held my hand up to interrupt her to continue and she obliged.

"Don't ever say or think that you don't belong in this family. There's a reason why! You're a blessing towards not only this family, but towards your parents. To give them a chance to be parents and to raise such an intelligent young lady at which you successfully become"

I've never in my entire life poured my opinion out. Normally I was the mute one. Not really caring about people's problems or why they're in a bad mood. Except Abby though. She was right about one thing. Life is truly a blessing and a curse. But each curse that comes forth towards Abby these past couple of weeks, it gives me the blessing of spending more time with her. For her to see more of the softer side of me. Hopefully it doesn't freak her out because honestly I'm starting to freak myself out right now.

She sat in silence and starred off into the distance what felt like forever. Did I say the right thing? Did she want to feel neglected? Nah, she wouldn't have. That's ridiculous. I wanted so bad to just lift her up from her petite waist and make her sit in my lap. To just wrap my arms around her. It's small gestures that I crave and yet, she's still mindlessly clueless for my love for her.

"Abby! Jayden! Your Uncle Jimbo won't stop talking about Tacos! Come on, were heading out to Taco Bell" Aunt Lacey hollered.

Although I cherished the one on one time with Abby, I was glad that the silence was broken.

We both got up, patted our bums off and headed inside.

"OH HELL TO THE FUCKING NO!"

Oh great, here comes a curse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Three years..That's all I have to say LOL. Enjoy!