‹ Prequel: A New Beginning
Status: ACTIVE.

Till the End

Relationship.

Jayden's Point Of View

The day passed by in a blur. It was already after school and I made my way out the front doors and saw Uncle Matt parked his truck in the parking lot. I really need to get my license soon, being picked up by different people was really a hassle. Abby wasn't with me right now, after third period she made her way to the gym for volleyball try-outs. I wished her luck and then we departed ways. I made my way to the truck and opened the door only to be greeted by Uncle Matt.

"Hey Jay, how was the first day?" he asked, turning the key into the ignition.

"Eh, it was alright. Nothing excites me about school Uncle Matt"

"You definitely sound like your father back in the days"

"Maybe that's why I lack in education, I get it from him"

He laughed, "Maybe, maybe. So since Abby has try-outs, you want to grab some coffee and hang out for a bit before we pick her up?"

I nodded, "Sure, anything to keep me occupied"

He made his way out of the parking lot and onto the road. Passing the scenery made me realize that I'm lucky to live in a sunny place. We pulled up in front of Starbucks and turned off the engine. Entering the coffee shop, the strong smell of grounded beans filled my nostrils.

"Order what you want Jay, I'll pay for it"

"Okay"

I ordered a Grande Java Chip and a chocolate chip muffin, while Uncle Matt ordered a Venti Mocha Frappachino. He paid for our drinks and when we spotted two empty seats, we immediately sat in them before anyone else did. I slowly nibbled on my muffin, a comfortable silence laying upon us. The lady that made our drinks finally called out our order and Uncle Matt made his way over to grab them.

"Thanks" I said when he gave me my drink.

"No problem. So.."

"So..?"

"Why aren't you with my daughter?"

I stopped dead in my tracks, almost choking on the piece of muffin I was swallowing. I looked dead into his eyes and looking at him as if he was serious. And of course, Matthew Sanders doesn't joke around. I gave out a huge sigh and lay my head down on the table. Great, it was obvious that I had a thing for Abigail Sanders that her own father figured it out. Am I a hopeless romantic?

"Look Jay, I'm not mad"

My head shot up, "You're not?" I asked confused.

"Of course not. Hell, ever since you two were little kids you both had a strong bond. It had to happen sooner or later, right?"

"But the thing is, Abby already has a boyfriend. I can't interfere with her love life if she's already happy with someone else" I explained, going back into a sad state.

"Ah, but you've never been in the shoes of a 'bad ass'. See, everyone has a secret. Especially the so called popular kids. If you find out what they're hiding, obviously it lowers their self-esteem. Now I know for a fact that the first time Abby brought that so called worthless boyfriend over to the house, I could immediately sense something off about him. Like he's after something. Find out what that is, possibly have a chance with Abby and you'll be the best thing that ever happened in her life. Well, aside from being my little girl that is"

I couldn't believe my ears. Was Uncle Matt really giving me advice on how to destroy a relationship? Especially on the girl that I'm head over heels with? Maybe I should get my license soon so I don't have to deal with this nonsense. Although I was processing his advice over and over in my head, I could take it into consideration. I began eating my muffin again, Uncle Matt leaving me to my thinking. It seemed like forever till he said he was going to order Abby a drink and we could be on our way to pick her up.

I'm not really sure what to expect now, given the information what I was told. I'm not a home wrecker, seeking revenge onto bringing someone's social life into a disaster. But we were talking about Luke here. Luke. Just thinking about his name made me want to vomit. I don't see what Abby see's in him. Well other than his so called good looks, popularity and the ability to make every girl weak in the knees. But what Abby nor Uncle Matt knew was that I knew Luke's secret.

Last year, during fifth period I drank a whole bottle of pink lemonade and I really had to use the bathroom to do.. well my business. As I was walking through the empty hallways, I suddenly heard giggling. I stopped and turned right into a corner. What I saw would one speed break Abby's heart if she was with me. Luke practically dry humping the school's well known slut. Bridgette Valentine. I turned around quickly, ignoring my sudden bladder and back into my class. I didn't have the guts to tell Abby, it was the same day she received an award for 'Best Personality'. I didn't want to be a party pooper. Ever since then it's been haunting me. Every time I see Luke hanging around with Abby I just want to beat the crap out of the man whore.

I shook my head, realizing that we were in front of the gym. Seeing Luke in his football jersey, giving Abby a goodbye hug and kiss. Might I add a longing one too. Uncle Matt secretly made gagging noises which made me laugh. Soon the happy couple was making their way over to the truck. I opened the door for Abby, her climbing in and hearing a 'thanks'.

"Good afternoon Mr. Sanders, how are you doing today?" Luke said, offering his hand out.
I lowered my gaze, chuckling. Seeing Uncle Matt with his aviators on, a straight face and doing nothing was classic. Luke finally got the memo and put both hands into his pockets.

"Daddy" Abby whispered harshly.

"What?" Uncle Matt asked innocently.

"Luke politely greeted you and you ignored him"

"Oh, was that it? I was getting bored. Say bye to Puke and let's go"

"Daddy! His name is Luke"

"Yeah yeah, bye Puke! See you later"

Uncle Matt put the truck in drive and once again, we were on the road.

"Daddy, that wasn't very nice on what you did to Luke back there" Abby said, crossing her arms with a pout on her lips. Those soft lips..

"I'm sorry baby girl, but I told you I don't like you dating that boy"

"Well he makes me happy Daddy. I don't see why you hate him. Why can't you be like Jayden and support my relationship whether he likes it or not"

My eyes grew wide. Oh god, she just had to put me in the spot didn't she? I cleared my throat, clearly uncomfortable with this conversation.

"Just remember what I said Jay, and you'll be alright" Uncle Matt randomly blurted out.

"What did he say?" Abby asked, turning to face me.

"Oh nothing. Just something about tuning my guitar" Lie.

"Really? You can just tell me and-"

"Here's your coffee sweetie" Uncle Matt interrupted Abby. I thanked him for that. I swear, once you hand Abby something with coffee, it's like her attention span was a fish.

Why does feelings even exist?
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter! I think I'm on a roll on updating :)

TEAM JAYDEN OR TEAM LUKE? I think it's pretty obvious.. HAHA.

Thank you for those who commented:

kayleeLAUREN
shortygirl
blglover4
odsseychic403
kierstlovesyou
Liely.is.Brutal

Subscribe.Comment.Enjoy!