‹ Prequel: A New Beginning
Status: ACTIVE.

Till the End

Intense Red.

Abby's Point Of View

"Luke, why won't you just come back to my house for a bit?"

" Because babe I just don't want to!"

"But why?! You're acting ridiculous right now"

For some reason whenever I mention hanging at my house or anything that has to do with my house, Luke gets all jittery or irritated. And right now, it's beginning to irritate me as well. This isn't like him at all.

"Baby, can't we just go over to my house or just sit around at the beach or something!" He asked.

"Because I've been over your house too many times, my parents think I'm barging in"

"You know you're not barging in. My parents love you as well"

"Well I still don't see why you won't come over. You're acting as if a murderer is living in my closet"

He then muttered something under his breath that I didn't quite catch, but I'll just ignore it.

"If you're not coming over, then I'll just be on my way home by myself" I said, making my way down the road to my house. It wasn't that far of a walk, only a block away.

"Babe stop! Let me at least drop you home, okay?"

"No thanks, I'm fine by walking home"

"Baby, stop being like that"

I continued to ignore Luke and just kept walking. After about passing seven houses, I turned around and he didn't try to stop me anymore. From afar, it looked like he was sitting on his car waiting for someone. I just turned back around and kept walking. About ten minutes passed by and the familiar home was being seen. All the cars were parked which meant everyone was home. I walked up the drive way and made my way into the front door, seeing the guys watch some baseball game.

"Hey guys" I greeted. Hanging my jacket on the hanger and slipping off my shoes,
I was greeted by a chorus of "Hey" and "Hi's". I made my way into the kitchen to grab a can of Coke from the refrigerator before seeing all my auntie's chatting away on the dining table.

"Hey Abby, no Luke today?" Mom asked. All I did was shook my head no and gulped down the sizzling drink.

I dragged my feet up the stairs slowly as possible; Wasn't really in the mood to talk or socialize with anyone right now. I opened my bedroom door and plopped down face first on my bed. I heard footsteps come up the stairs and soon was being led towards my room. After a couple minutes of silence, I felt pressure being pushed down next to me which meant someone sat down. I lifted my head to see Jayden smirking down at me.

"What's with the smirk?" I asked, plopping my head back down.

"Why do you always ask me questions that has to do with smiling related?"

"Because you're Jayden Baker. You don't smile unless someone is either losing or stupid"

"Both are true, but I just feel like in a good mood right now"

"Well could you possibly rub some of that happiness on me right now? I feel like poop" I groaned.

"Why, what's the matter?" he asked.

"It's Luke again. This is the fifth time that he doesn't want to come over and spend some quality time with me" I explained.

"Really now? You know, he's been acting weird these past couple of days. Is something wrong with him?"

"I just don't know Jayden, I don't know"

"Tell you what. Stop being all mopey and let's go get some ice cream, just like old days" he suggested.

I thought about it for a moment till deciding that it wasn't a bad idea. "You know, I'll take you up on that. Let's go!"

***


"So what have you been up to these days?" I asked Jayden.

We were currently sitting down on a bench at the beach just licking our ice cream and enjoying the scenery around us. It was a beautiful day in Huntington as usual; Sun shining, cool breeze and seeing people enjoying themselves.

"Oh you know, the usual. Waiting for you to come home" He said, doing an impersonation of Patrick from SpongeBob Squarepants. I laughed and pushed him till he fell off the bench. We continued to fool around till I heard a ringing sound from my pocket.

I pulled out my phone to see Luke's name flashing across the screen. I decided to ignore his call and turn off my phone for the whole day.

"Did I just see Abby Sanders ignore her boyfriend for the first time?" Jayden asked in awe.

"Yeah? So what?"

"Nothing. It's just that you would be on your phone whenever pretty boy calls"

"I don't know. I guess I'm just having those moments where I need space for a bit"

There was an awkward silence afterwards. A couple minutes passed by and the most craziest thing just came to my mind. I stood up, shoved the rest of the ice cream contents into my mouth which was a huge mistake..

"Brain freeze!!" I grabbed my head and started jumping around as if I had ants in my pants.

"Woah woah Abby! What's the rush?"

"No talking! Off to the mall we go!" I said, grabbing Jayden's wrist and running back to his car.

***


"So tell me again why were at the mall and heading into Long's Store while I'm being held against my will?"

I didn't answer his question, nor loosened my grip on his wrist. We've walked around each aisle till I finally found the hair dyes. I scanned each color box that there possibly was till I came across the one I was looking for. I grabbed it from the top shelf and handed it to Jayden.

"Intense Red? You want to dye your hair, intense red?" He asked slowly.

"Yes! Don't you think I would match though?"

"Just out of curiosity, why do you want to dye your hair? Especially the color red? Intense might I add"

"It's hard to explain. I just want to do something different. Something that will make me stand out more"

"But Abby, you already stand out. You're the most popular, smartest, sweetest girl ever. Why would you want to stand out more?"

"That's the thing though. I've got a 'good' reputation, I want to do something that nobody expects" I explained.

Jayden looked at me for a moment and then back at the box. He gave out a heavy sigh before taking out his wallet and giving me some cash.

"Here, it's on me" he said.

I gave out the loudest squeal ever and threw my arms around his neck, giving him the biggest hug ever.

"Okay okay, you're going to kill me! Now go pay for it so we can go home"

Jayden's Point Of View

"Okay okay, you're going to kill me! Now go pay for it so we can go home" I said.

She released me and ran her way to the register to go pay for her dye. Not to be a creep, but I didn't want for her to let me go. Just her being beside me made it seem like a zoo in my stomach instead of butterflies. Cheesy, I know.

As I slowly made my way towards Abby, someone caught my eye. I made my way closer to get a better view of who it was and when a good glimpse of him came, a smirk was soon plastered on my face.

"Well well well, look who we have here" I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hoooooooly Craaaaaaaaaaaap!! I'm terribly sorry for not updating these past months, I could give you a list of reasons why I haven't updated, but I'll just say senior year was pretty hectic! But now since it's summer, I'm back :) And now you know the drill..

Subscribe.Comment.Enjoy!

P.S. I HATE THE NEW MIBBA!!!!!!