‹ Prequel: A New Beginning
Status: ACTIVE.

Till the End

Rough Morning.

Jayden's Point Of View

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I slammed my fist against the annoying snooze button on my alarm clock as it read 7:45 A.M Give it to Abby for setting up an alarm for me.. I groaned, forcing myself out of bed. If I didn't get out of bed sooner, a lecture from her would be coming my way. My eyes were still closed as I made my way out of my room and into the bathroom. I turned on the faucet and splashed cold water against my face to wake me up.

I looked at myself in the mirror, seeing my reflection. What was I kidding.. What would Abby find anything 'attractive' about me? I wasn't the best at relationships. I've had girlfriends here and there, but never serious. I starred at myself for about five more minutes till I smelled the delicious aroma of bacon from downstairs. I quickly went in my room to change clothes for school and descended downstairs into the kitchen. I stopped in my tracks as soon as I stopped and my jaw dropped at the sight in front of me..

"A-Abby?" I stuttered.

The little red head soon turned around from the sound of my voice calling her name. She gave me a dimpled smile as always as she shoved a spoonful of Lucky Charms into her mouth.

"Good morning Jayden. I see the alarm clock worked? How do I look?" She asked.

"Beautiful" I breathed out. She looked down, tints of pink appearing on her cheeks. I realized what I have just said and mentally slapped myself for looking like an idiot.

I cleared my throat. "I mean, you look different"

"Good different or bad different?" She questioned.

"Definitely good"

She smirked, "Good. I was hoping for that"

She patted a seat next to her as she went back eating her cereal. I asked who made the bacon I was smelling earlier and she said her mom, Aunt Val. Although she wasn't present in the kitchen, Abby answered as if she could read my mind and said she went to the grocery store. I simply nodded and munched on the delicious crunchy meal. A peaceful silence was upon us, but soon had to be interrupted as the clock above the stove read 8:10 A.M and had to make our way to school.
Abby and I soon grabbed our bags and headed into my car as hell awaited for us..

Abby's Point Of View

Honestly, I was a bit nervous to what Luke would say about my new colored hair. Knowing Luke, he wanted the image of a 'perfect' girlfriend to keep his reputation, well.. perfect. I now realized that I might have possibly ruined it in the two hours I was doing my hair. My mom seemed excited this morning when I walked into the kitchen. Said I looked like a natural red head if I kept it that way. Her and Jayden are the only ones in the house knows about my hair. Now to prepare for what the school has in store for me. I closed my eyes and leaned back trying to calm down my nerves.

"You okay?" Jayden asked.

"Just nervous" I replied, eyes still closed.

"About what?"

"Luke"

Just saying his name sent chills up my spine. I haven't really thought about Luke while trying to be spontaneous with myself. I mean, it's my hair. Why couldn't I simply change it? But no, according to Luke I couldn't change myself because then I'll ruin my image. But come to think of it, it was more for his image. My shoulder was being shook as I opened my eyes and the school was in front of me. I got out of the car and adjusted my backpack, walking from the parking lot to the school with Jayden.

Immediately, people stopped their chattering and eyed me down as if I was carrying a giant potato. I kept my eyes forward making my way to the front doors as I tried ignoring the constant whispering that was being heard. Luckily I was almost there, just a couple more steps! But soon, everything came crashing down as I heard the voice I was trying to avoid.

"Abby!?"

I kept walking, hoping to get lost in the crowd until someone grabbed my wrist and turned me around. I was soon met with a hard chest that felt like a brick wall and hardening brown eyes that only belonged to my boyfriend.

"Luke let me go" I said, trying to pry my wrist out of his grip.

"You haven't answered any of my calls or texts" was the first he said. I forgot to turn on my phone..

"Phone died" Lie.

"Why didn't you charge it?"

"I lost my charger" Lie.

"Abby enough with the damn excuses! I call and call and call, yet I receive no answer whatsoever!! Do you know how worried I got when you wouldn't answer?! I even called your house to ask where you were and your mom said you were out with this punk ass" he motioned to Jayden.

"Don't call him that!" I protested, finally getting my wrist out.

"I can call him whatever the fuck I call him!"

"You better watch your damn mouth" Jayden growled. He soon walked closer to Luke and now they were eye to eye at each other. I got in between them, trying to separate the tension that's building up.

"Guys! Knock it off!"

There was no point trying to separate them because my lack of strength between these two idiots. Why do guys have to be so ignorant sometimes?

"I swear to god Baker, if Abby wasn't here protecting your ass I'd knock you out cold in one punch!" Luke threatened.

"If you wanted to knock me out, then do it! I DARE YOU! I FUCKEN DARE YOU!" Jayden barked.

"No no! There's no need for any dares! Please guys stop! You're drawing a crowd!" This was seriously the most embarrassing moment of my life.

"Shut the fuck up Abby! Look what this shit head has done to you! You've changed your hair color into a disgusting red and your attitude of ignoring me is becoming really selfish!"

WOAH! WOAH! WOAH! Hold up.

"Did you just tell me to 'shut the fuck up'?" I asked Luke in his face. Right now it seemed that all his anger towards Jayden disappeared instantly as soon as he saw the now rage that was on my face.

"Nobody and I mean NOBODY tells me to shut the fuck up Luke! I've told you countless times to stop picking on Jayden! Him being my best friend has nothing to do with my hair! It's MY hair that I chose to do on MY own time! Maybe ignoring you for GOOD is the best for the both of us!"

I was beyond angry right now, fuming to be exact. I was breathing heavily as my outburst surprised Luke. Hell even I surprised myself! I was looking around the crowd and as always, constant whispering to one another started. I was beyond irritated right now that I had to get out of here. As if Jayden could read my mind, he grabbed my wrist and we walked back to the parking lot towards his car.

"Abby wait!"

I continued to walk, hearing the annoying voice I'm trying to avoid. And again, I felt the familiar tug on my wrist that I could feel a bruise forming.

"Abby I'm talking to you! Don't you skip school with him" Luke demanded.

"I'm not your property Luke! And you just basically embarrassed me in front of the whole school! I'm not about to deal with this crap in one day!"

"Look, why don't we just forget about this and go to class" he said more in a sincere voice. I tried pulling my wrist back, but every time I would his grip would become more tighter.

"Luke let me go, you're hurting me"

"Just fucken let her go! If she doesn't want to be here then she doesn't want to be here" Jayden said grabbing my wrist from him.

"We're not done Abby" Was the last thing Luke said before he glared at Jayden and left to go back to the school.

I let out a shaky breath as I tried steadying it back to normal. I opened the passenger door and got in, Jayden taking the hint to get in the car. I buried my head in my hands as I tried keeping the tears in.

"Studio?" he asked. I simply nodded, not being able to find my voice. I needed my Daddy right now.

***


I burst through the doors of the huge blue building that led me to the sounds of my Uncle's voices and instruments. I took a right, down the hall and into the familiar studio I used to spend my child hood days at. I first spotted Uncle Zacky and Uncle Johnny on the couch messing around on the laptop while Uncle Jimmy and Uncle Brian were over at the computers, working on lyrics I'm guessing. Uncle Johnny was the first to see my appearance.

"Nice hair Abby! You actually match as a red head" he commented.

Everyone turned their heads and had big smiles until they saw my now tear strained face.

"Hey hey, what's wrong doll?" Uncle Jimmy asked, making his way to me giving me a hug.

"W-where's Daddy?" I asked against his chest.

"Abby? What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be in school?"

I lifted my head at the sound of my Dad's voice as he was standing there confused with paper work in his hand. His gaze softened as he saw me crying in his lanky friend's arms. Fresh hot tears soon escaped as I bolted towards my Dad.

"Baby girl what's wrong?" he asked. He started to stroke my hair as he tried rubbing my back to soothe me down as I only cried harder against his chest. I tried to answer, but all that came out of my mouth were hiccups.

"Let's just say it was a rough morning" I heard Jayden answer.

"Well it must've been since Abby here is cr-WAIT A MINUTE! What happened to your wrist Abby!?" Uncle Zacky yelled.

OH SHIT..
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh. What will the guy's do to Luke once Abby tells them? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the comments!

Subscribe.Comment.Enjoy!