‹ Prequel: We Are So Screwed
Sequel: Nope

We're Slightly Less Screwed

Stupid Panic

Image

“Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!” I swore.

Our meeting with Prime had gone wonderfully. It was decided that we would hide the shards, get the matrix and destroy the pillars before bringing back Sentinel.

Sounds too good to be true? Yeah. It sucked a big bag of dicks.

Optimus was having trouble accepting the whole Sentinel being fucking evil and the pillars meaning a potential end of the world thing.

He was still being optimistic and hoped to both keep the pillars and online Sentinel, just keep them separate. Did I agree with Optimus? No. Did I think we were gonna go to Chicago? Yes. Did I admire Optimus for still having hope after everything he’d been through? Hell yes.

However admiration wasn’t enough. We weren’t going to win a war with it, so despite it, I was trying to come up with a plan of my own. Surely Blake would have one eventually (at the moment she was a ball of rage), but it’d be fueled on emotion and probably stupid and dangerous. It was either that or there would be no specifics. It’d go like this.

B, what are we gonna do?

Get the matrix.

How?

I’m working on it.

See? Not going very far.

Our first plan was to keep Megatron dead, which Optimus agreed with fully. That meant the shard had to be moved to autobot protection. The government wasn’t exactly cool with that though. More likely than not it was going to become a mess of politics and paranoia.

However we had more pressing matters to attend to, such as the red head, who was storming through base, the All Spark energy within her materializing as blue electricity around her.

“THIS IS FUCKING HORSE SHIT!” Blake yelled. The lights were flickering, her hair and clothes were whipping around her and the energy surrounding her was crackling. Nothing had to come alive though, so she was at least trying to restrain herself.

“BLAKE CALM DOWN!” I yelled.

Why the fuck I am I always the one trying to fix her shit?’ I thought.

“What hell is going on?”Epps yelled, running up beside me.

“Prime pissed her the fuck off.”

“BLAKE!” I yelled again.

We reached the entrance to the rec room, where soldiers were lined up guns drawn.

“Shoot me. I fucking dare you,” she threatened in a low voice.

I face palmed. I was so tired of this shit. Even before this had become our reality it was a constant struggle. Someone pissed her off, she flipped shit, they threatened her (security, lawsuits, blah, blah, blah), she goaded them, and then I stepped in. All the fucking time. The only difference was that now I couldn’t go and just pull her away.

“BLAKE! DAMN IT! LISTEN TO ME!” I screamed.

“HOLD YOUR FIRE! HOLD YOUR FIRE!” Epps ordered the men.

As if things couldn’t get more annoyingly heated, wheeled peds flew over head of the soldiers, before planting themselves on the ground in front of us. Sides crouched over Blake and drew his blades.

By this point everyone on base had seen Sides, angry even to the point he became blind with rage. This however was something different. I couldn’t see his face, but the vibes rolling off of him were enough to make the hairs on my neck stand up.

“Bring any harm to the femme and I will kill you.”

He’d never sound so menacing, so serious. I had no doubt that his words were 100% true.

I was thrown off for a moment, but then smirked. Blake’s hair was lying normally and the All Spark energy had returned within her.

“Child, what the hell is there to smirk about?” Epps asked.

“Enough!” Primed ordered. “Sideswipe, stand down.”

Sides hesitated, but once he realized that there was no longer any danger her retracted his blades and stood up straight.

“She’s right,” I said. “She maybe bipolar and dangerous, but she’s right.”

Optimus looked down at me. “I understand your concerns, but I’m not-“

“I understand where you’re coming from. Look at us. We know how everything is going to happen. We’re trying to find another way. No one gets that more than us. This is a full blown case of pick one. If you can’t see yourself not reviving him, then see yourself destroying that pillar or vice versa. The amount of power you obtain by having both of them is too much without giving something up in return.”

Blake was still standing in front of Sides, who had his arms crossed over his chest an annoyed expression on his face.

She still looked pissed, but I could see that she had gone from turning the machinery on base to mobile guillotines to simply to plotting what she thought our next move should be, which still could’ve involved mobile guillotines.

Optimus’ moment of silent thought was disrupted by a pained cry coming from the silver twin.

“Sides?!” Blake called worried.

The aforementioned bot, clutched at his spark casing before, collapsing to his knees.

The soldiers began to panic, stupid panic too. Were we being attacked? Was he dying? Did the cons take controlled of him?

“RATCHET!” Blake screamed, running out of the way of the falling bot. “RATCHET!”

I ran to her, grabbing her to keep her from running closer. She could do that once he was completely down.

“Blake, what is it?” I asked, knowing that she had some type of answer. “It’s the bond,” she said. “It’s gotten worse.”

Her concern confirmed my earlier thoughts though, the ones that had popped into my head, when she calmed down at the bot’s presence. There was something forming between those two, something more than a simple alliance, or even the emotional support that Optimus had been hoping to establish.