‹ Prequel: We Are So Screwed
Sequel: Nope

We're Slightly Less Screwed

Touchy Feely

Image

One would think that after freezing my ass off for days that waking up sweating would be a welcome change of pace. That one would be what I like to call wrong. Waking up, feeling as if I was roasting in a fucking oven, was equally as annoying.

My first thought was why is it so hot, and my second was about how to relief from the heat. In my tired state answers came slowly, but they came.

The heat was radiating from behind me, which alerted me to the fact that I was not alone in my bed. Sides was with me. I’d slept in his alt mode, on his bipedal mode and with his holoform relatively close by, but it was never like this. I mean we were spooning for fuck’s sake.

I wasn’t sure what to make of the situation. I mean… Just listen to it. I hopped on a cargo plane to Russia with a giant alien robot to find my sister and his brother, who were taken by evil giant alien robots. While in Russia we had a heart to heart, and when I woke up, we were spooning.

That sounds like total nonsense, but it was my reality. Plus I was comfortable as hell, save for the fact it was fucking hot. (Holoforms apparently ran at a higher temp than humans, which was something I’d never thought about.)

This was not normal behavior for us. I mean what the fuck did it even mean, since when did Sides cuddle?

I was giving myself a headache. I decided my first course of action was to escape his hold on my waist and like hang out the window or something, but of course his grip was just as strong as that of his bipedal mode.

Since moving his arms wasn’t an option, I decided to try sliding out of his grip. I grabbed the headboard and pulled, only to have his arms tighten around me, effectively trapping me again.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” I muttered.

“If you want to leave, all you have to do is ask.”

“You’re awake?!”

I turned to look at him. His bright blue eyes, were tired, but I could see that he was amused.

“Prick! Let me go!” I said, thrashing.

He pulled me tighter, so that I couldn’t move. “I’m rather comfy.”

“Sideswipe,” I said in a warning voice.

He released his grip allowing me to finally move away from him to the other side of the bed, where the sheets were still cool. I’d kicked the blankets off of me though.

After a moment, I looked at Sides again

“Why the fuck are you up?” I asked.

“Can’t sleep. Bond feels weird.”

“I thought you closed it.”

“I did, which is why it feels weird. I think whatever happened to Sunny the last few times has happened again. It’s like a nudge, and I want to acknowledge it, but it’s just gonna knock me on my aft again if I do.”

He sounded so pained. There was nothing he wanted more than to feel his brother’s spark, but every time he did, both of them hurt.

“We’re gonna get him. Then Ratchet will fix him, and you two can be one happy set of split spark twins again, just in time for Slater to pelt you with water balloons filled with 100% acetone that she stole from me.”

“Acetone?”

“Stuff in nail polish remover. It’ll strip your paint real fast.”

He shook his head. “You two are glitched.”

“Hey, Pot. I’m Kettle. How are you doing?”

“What?”

“It’s a thing. Look it up.” I waved it off. “Really though. We’re gonna get him. Just hold out a little bit longer. You’ve got something else to focus on, so focus on it.”

“And what would that be?”

“A plan on how the fuck we’re gonna break them out. Because I highly doubt just strolling into Decepticon base camp is an option.”

“I was trying, but I’m too worked up to focus.”

“I thought we-“

“My systems are still processing a hic a cycle.”

“What do you do to calm down?”

“I usually polish my blades or go for a drive, but neither of those are really an option right now, so I was playing with your hair. I was almost asleep, when you woke up.”

Great I woke him up.

I got up and walked over to the thermostat. I turned it down and went back to bed, taking my former spot in front of Sides. I mused my hair. “Have at it.”

He actually took me up on my offer and my lack of sleep paired with Sides playing with my hair didn’t take long to knock me out. Of course I had to pry a little first. “Since when are you so touchy feely?” I asked. “You could barely stand anything organic near you, now you’re here with me.”

He didn’t say anything, and I thought I wasn’t gonna get an answer, which was whatever.

“It’s odd, being like this. You’re organic bodies are so fragile, and very squishy, but you feel so much, and are so compatible with each other. It’s so easy to find comfort from each other with something as simple as a hug. It’s actually rather amazing. Everything for us is emotional. I mean sure there’s a physical aspect, but look at Hide and Chromia for example. Their frames are complete and total opposites. They rely solely on their bond. I don’t really know what I’m trying to say. I guess I like it is all. It’s reassuring to feel you there. You’re not on some other planet or trapped on a decepticon war ship.”

I didn’t know what to say to that, so I didn’t say anything. I never realized how afraid he was of losing others, and that I meant enough to him for him to fear losing me. Instead, I slowed myself to drift off to sleep.