Sequel: Shaken and Stirred

Getting through Traffic

The End

The day I was leaving was a bad storm. The rain was pouring down on the houses like waterfalls. To this day, I believe it was raining so hard because the angels were sad to see what they created so perfectly was ending. I walked out in that rain. Everything seemed like slow motion. Frank was standing there; I could have sworn he was crying. But I couldn’t really tell from that rain. Next to him was my ‘adopted’ little brother, Mikey. He cries just like his brother. Painful and filled with soul. Then…there was Ardy. Standing there like the strong man he was.
I went to Frank first. I hugged him tightly, he handed me some sticks and I nodded, thanking him.

“I won’t ever forget you, Frank. Just pick up your phone okay.” I heard the tears about to come in my voice.

“Yah…I won’t, Ras.” He hugged me again and nodded. I walked over to Mikey and poked his nose,

“Its not like I’m dying. I can still call you and stuff.”

“I know…but the band…and everything.” I nodded and hugged him.

“I’m glad that I met you, silly.” I walked over to Gerard and lost it. I dropped my sticks and latched on to him. I loved him for God sakes and they wanted me to leave him. I cried into his shoulder and he didn’t move. I think that if he did move, he wouldn’t have let go of me, “Say something, dammit!” I yelled at him, looking at him. He looked at me with his stony eyes,

“There’s nothing to say. You’ve made your choice, Raven.” I cried harder,

“Gerard, please…hug me at least.” He shook his head,

“Raven, stop making this harder than it has to be.”

“Ardy…I’ll call you everyday.”

“I know you will. Now go.” I kissed him deeply and walked to the car. I sat in it shivering insanely. I looked at my mother and she sighed,

“Ready?” I nodded, wiping the tears and rain from my face. She started up the car and drove off. I turned around in my seat looking at my friends.

“Run…” I muttered to myself, “Run after me. Chase me. Don’t forget me. Ardy…please.” I was talking to nobody but myself. But he didn’t make a move, but to go back in his house. I lied down in the car crying myself to sleep.

Four months later, I get a few calls from Frank or Mikey, but not a word from Gerard. I still wear his ring, because no matter what he ever did to me I love him. I understand why he didn’t say goodbye, just like my mother wanted to believe that my father was just in a coma. Its just much easer to deal with, maybe for him.

High school went by like a blur. I had a few friends, but nobody I truly cared about. I graduated from high school with high honors. For college I went to Columbia in Chicago for Music Business.

My mother and my relationship has never been the same. I barely talk to her anymore. She says that I blame her for leaving Gerard. No, I don’t blame her at all. I blame myself. I should’ve stayed. I mean, Gerard was as close as blood.

Blood is not thicker than love. Always remember that, because if you don’t you’ll let you love slip away from you.

I am 24 now and getting on with my life like I should. But there isn’t a day that goes by where I think about the traffic. Now that I am older that I realize that the traffic isn’t real, it’s the metaphorical things that get in your life that want to stop you from getting where you are. Gerard helped me get through those tuff moments, and I know that I helped him too.

END

_______________________________________________________________________
Author’s Note: This is the end of Getting through Traffic. I hope you enjoyed it, I hope you enjoy the sequel even more. It should be up soon. *nods* Have a good day

BloodyBallerina