‹ Prequel: This Fragile Game
Status: sequel to This Fragile Game

Looking For Misery

Chapter Two.

The movie theater was crawling with people, from families and teenagers to retired old couples. Pat was gripping John's hand as he watched everything around him. "What movie are we gonna watch?" Garrett complained looking between John, Pat, Kennedy and Jared. Everyone shrugged not really minding what movie they watched.

Once Garrett chose a movie they entered the theater and everyone hurried to get their desired food. John stayed behind with Pat holding his hand tightly, "Want any candy?" John asked softly kissing Pat's jaw bone. Pat squirmed away not really a big fan of PDA. "We can get you some sour patch kids." John suggested kissing behind Pat's ear this time.

"I'll just share with Garrett." Pat said softly.

"You can't have my candy!" Garrett screamed holding his candy protectively holding it to his chest.

"Jesus Garrett never really learned to shut up." A voice spoke up causing everyone to grow rigid. Pat looked over to the man owning the voice seeing his older brother standing there, a girl next to him. Pat could feel his body tremble and he involuntarily let out a small whimper, curling next to John. "Hey Pat." Tim greeted softly smiling at his baby brother.

"Go away Tim." Kennedy spoke up. All he wanted to do was pound Tim's face into the ground until it smeared across the red rug.

"I just want to talk to Pat." Tim said softly, sincerity showing on his face.

Everyone looked to John, as if expecting him to answer for Pat. "You want to?" John whispered softly pushing Pat's hair from his face. "You don't have to." John added.

One part of Pat wanted to talk to Tim so they could work things out and he could get his big brother back. But the other part of him was remembering all the hurtful words Tim had told him months ago. "Sure." Pat whispered breaking away from John, but John pulled him back and, "We'll be inside." he whispered kissing Pat softly. "I love you." he added.

Pat nodded softly and followed Tim to a secluded table. Tim's date, so he assumed, followed them making Pat feel more awkward. Tim took noticed of this and chuckled awkwardly, "Pat this is my girlfriend, Cara." he said introducing the pretty brunette to Pat.

Pat smiled at her and gave her an awkward wave before she suddenly got distracted by some movie posters. "You know she has a sister your age." Tim said as they both took their seats. Pat sits down awkwardly and tugs at the ends of his sleeves, "I'm still gay."

Tim nods softly and looks away. "You're with John now." he says looking to Pat. "Last time we talked you were with Kennedy."

"H-he cheated on me." Pat whispered feeling a pang of pain shot through him.

"So you run to John." Tim asked.

"Why are you talking to me?" Pat suddenly asked picking at his sleeves. "Y-you never cared before."

"Of course I cared, you're my fucking brother." Tim exclaimed. "I was just, I was so shocked. I mean, I suspected it but then when you came out and when you tried to kill yourself it was just so much to handle."

"So you rejected me completely?" Pat whispered wiping away his tears, but failing as more tears slipped. "I-I w-was so d-depressed."

"I'm so sorry Pat, I talked to Cara about it and she convinced me to talk it over with you and apologize for being an idiot." Tim said. "So I'm sorry for being an asshole. You didn't deserve any of it." Tim said. Pat stared at his older brother for a while before wiping his eyes. "You can accept my apologize or you can decline it, but I still want you to know that I was being an idiot and I regret it all."

Pat smiled softly and stood up throwing himself onto his brother hugging him tightly. "I-it's ok." Pat cried holding onto his brother. Tim smiled softly and wrapped his arms around Pat's frail body. "Did Tim apologize for being a douche?" Cara asked coming over to the brothers and sitting in Pat's previous seat. "Everything is fixed." Tim said smiling and watching Pat with a smile. "Everything perfect again."
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to Garrett Hedlund. and sweet insanity your comments make me smile (:
<3