Status: Updates are a couple times a week.(: I write chapters faster when I get comments and subscriptions!

Caught Up In You

Pretending

January 6th, 2012
Friday Afternoon
Location: Marner’s Academy Gym
2:10 PM


“Good Afternoon students!” The principal of the male academy greeted. “As most of you know, this is our weekend gender mixer. For some of you that just started attending this year, the weekend gender mixer is an event that occurs when there are more A’s on tests than F’s and D’s combined throughout both schools.”

The majority of the students cheered, while other kids shook their heads in disapproval. But as for me, I had no idea what was going on. Therefore, I resulted to raising my eyebrows and crinkling my nose in confusion.

“Wait, what’s going on?” I asked Tristan, who was sitting next to me.

Since Tristan went to the academy for his freshmen year, I was sure he knew what this was.

“The weekend gender mixer is when we have a free pass to go into the opposite genders’ academy and hang out with them. Of course, the rules are pretty strict. A boy and girl cannot be alone in a dorm room, and curfew to be back in your own building is 10 PM,” he explained.

I smiled grimly, mostly because I was breaking both of those rules on a regular basis.

“You all know the rules. The weekend mixer starts tonight at 5, but you must be back in your own dorms by 10. Is that understood?” The principal asked again.

The whole student body let out a mighty ‘yes’ before being dismissed to our rooms.

“When does it end?” I asked Tristan.

“This Sunday,” he replied, letting me through the gym doors before following.

“Oh! I’m so excited! Rose can come over and hang out with us!” I giggled.

“And what makes you think that Logan and I are staying?” Tristan questioned.

“Come on, you know you love us more than stupid girls,” I said, totally contradicting myself.

“Ouch,” Tristan paused. “Even if you are right, I do plan on going over there for a little while tomorrow. I mean, we have the whole weekend!” He exclaimed.

I walked into our dorm when we got off of the elevator and closed the door behind me. Tristan walked into the kitchen and opened up the fridge. After thoroughly examining its contents, he looked at me, his bottom lip pouted out.

“We have no food Drew!” He complained.

“Your point?” I asked, opening my bag and getting out my binder to work on homework.

“Shouldn’t we at least have some food for our gathering tonight?” He asked.

I shrugged.

“Well, I guess so, but,” I started to say before Tristan’s eyes widened. He was full on begging now, and I couldn’t handle it. That boy was way too adorable to pass up.

“Fine,” I grumbled, shutting my binder and grabbing a soda from the pantry. Tristan shut the refrigerator and jumped on top of me, again.

“Thank you Drew! You’re amazing!” He said, hugging me so tight I felt my insides being crushed.
~~~*~~~
4:45 PM
By the time I had finally opened the door to my dorm, I was completely out of breath. Because I didn’t have anyone to help me, I was forced to carry six bags of food from the bus stop to the academy. And although it didn’t seem like that long of a walk, with 30 extra pounds, it’s a killer.

“What took you so long?” Tristan asked.

“The bus didn’t come for 40 minutes, so I was stuck sitting on a plastic bench in the freezing cold,” I said, dropping the bags next to the couch.

By this time, Logan had walked out of his room and came into the living room. He stared at me for a minute, and then the bags, and then back at me.

“Oh cool, you got food,” he said, rummaging through the bags to find food.

I groaned.

“Thanks for helping me put it away,” I said sarcastically.

Logan opened up a box of cereal and shoved a handful of frosted cheerios into his mouth. He smiled at me and mumbled some words that I couldn’t decipher. I glared at him and started to unload the bags, putting cereal in the cabinets and fruits and vegetables in the fridge. I took the pizzas that I bought out of their wrapping and put them on a pan. I preheated the oven and stuck them in, pressing the time button for 20 minutes.

“Oooh! You got pizza too!? MARRY ME!” Tristan screamed from the kitchen table. If he wasn’t eating a burrito at the time, I swear he would’ve attacked me again. I laughed and wiped off my hand, finishing putting the rest of the food away.

“Sorry Tris, I’m Pacey’s at the moment,” I said. Tristan faked a frown. “Speaking of Pacey, where is he?” I asked.

“He’s down at the library studying,” Logan said, finishing the cereal that was in his palm and leaving it on the counter.

“Is he going to be here at 5?” I asked.

“He should be. He seemed pretty stressed out though. Something about a huge test,” Logan said.

I sighed.

“Okay, I’ll go find him. I’ll be back,” I said, closing the door to our dorm and going to the end of the hallway. I found it funny how everything was on the first floor but the library. I guess they just didn’t have enough room. Then again, the library was gigantic. They must’ve had billions of books stacked on all of those shelves.

When I was at the end of the hallway, I opened the door and walked in, smelling the overwhelming scent of dust and ten year old books. The library was quiet, as usual, besides the clacking of keyboards and the scribbling of pencils. I walked to where all of the students usually were, which was located in the middle of the library. As I assumed, Pacey was sitting at a table that consisted of nobody but himself and a couple of papers.

Knowing he didn’t see me, I stalked over to the table and sat next to him.

“Hi there stranger,” I said confidently, waiting for him to look up from his studying.

To my dissatisfaction, Pacey did nothing more than grunt. He continued on, reading through passages and writing them down on his messy pieces of paper. I was really angry. I knew how important school was to him, but I felt like I didn’t even mean anything to him. Irritated, I pulled the pencil out of his hand and took the papers away from him. Finally, Pacey looked up at me.

“What was that for?” He said unhappily.

“It’s Friday Pacey. Can you at least do something other than homework? You have the whole weekend to finish it. Can we just have fun tonight?” I asked him, suddenly feeling like a terrible influence towards him.

Pacey looked at me, his eyes showing total infuriation. But after a couple of seconds, he calmed down.

“You’re right. I’d much rather spend time with my girlfriend than my history homework,” he said, making butterflies shoot throughout my core. Pacey never really called me his girlfriend. I didn’t know why, but it was really rare for him to call me that. So when he did, it made me feel like the most empowered person in the world.

“Then come on! Let’s go! Rose is coming over tonight. We can all have a group party!” I exclaimed, picking up his homework and dancing to the exit of the library.

“With all five of us?” He chuckled sarcastically.

“Shut up,” I said, glaring at him as he opened the door for me and led me into the hallway. Pacey laughed at me, beginning to wrap his arm around my waist. I shoved him off and slapped his shoulder lightly.

“You know we can’t right now, not in public,” I said, really hating the fact that I was portraying a guy. Pacey let out a throaty growl but started walking to the dorm room faster. He opened the door for me, waiting until I was inside until he closed it behind him.

“Oh hey, you’re back!” Tristan said cheerfully.

“What time is it?” I asked, looking at the clock.

“5:03,” Pacey said, checking his phone.

I laid on the couch, impatiently waiting for Rose. It seemed like hours until I heard a knock at the door.

“It’s ROSE!” I screamed, rolling off of the furniture and nearly breaking the handle as I swung the door open.

Rose burst into a fit of laughter as she walked in, and hugged me tightly and closed the entrance of our dorm. Logan cleared his throat on purpose, signaling that they were there too.

“Oh, hey guys,” Rose waved, walking into the kitchen and sitting on top of the counter. Tristan, Logan, and Pacey all said their separate hellos as we all delved through the fridge and cabinets for food.

“So, what are we going to do?” Tristan asked.

“Well, we could watch a movie,” I suggested. Everybody nodded their heads, and we eventually agreed on watching ‘Up’. I found the DVD in the drawer under the TV set and inserted it into the player. Everyone took their seats, Rose in one of the recliners, Logan in the other, and Tristan, Pacey, and I on the couch.

I rested my head on Pacey’s shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around me, drawing me closer into him. The movie started, describing the main character and how he fell in love with Ellie. By the time the short love story section of the show had ended, Pacey started to move around uncomfortably. I looked at him quickly and noticed he seemed uneasy and troubled. I rested the tip of my nose against his ear.

“Is everything okay?” I whispered quietly enough so that only he could hear me. He tried to nod his head, but I knew he was covering it up.

“Are you sure?” I asked him. He started to nod again, but then he looked into my eyes and saw that I was serious.

“Actually, can we talk?” He asked.

My stomach completely dropped, and I had no idea what he wanted. My teeth clenched against each other and I felt like I was about to fall apart.

“Sure,” I smiled weakly, taking his fingers in mine and walking to his room.

“Where are you two going?” Tristan asked.

“Probably going to get some …alone time,” Rose said provocatively.

I know she couldn’t tell, but I was mentally a wreck. Guys never asked that question unless if it was serious. But I knew I couldn’t freak out that much. I inhaled deeply and calmed myself down before following Pacey into his room.

He sat on his bed and patted for me to sit next to him. When I did, he took my fingers in his and fondled with them.

“I’m sorry if I freaked you out Drew,” he said. “I just wanted to apologize for freaking out so much last week. I know that you didn’t do anything with him and I should’ve had more trust in you,” he said, letting go of my fingers.

“It’s okay. I thought we were over this?” I questioned.

“Yeah, and I also needed an excuse to get you into my room,” he said.

Before I let Pacey kiss me, however, I heard light shuffling outside of his room, telling me that Rose, Tristan, and Logan were listening to us.

“Did you hear them?” I whispered.

He nodded.

I wasn’t going to do anything, especially because I didn’t want them listening to us. But then an idea popped up into my head.

“How about we screw them over?” I asked, still quietly enough so that they couldn’t hear us.

Pacey looked at me curiously.

“Just follow my lead,” I said, motioning for him to stand up and then slamming him against the wall. Pacey placed his long fingers on my hips, forcing my body against him. I wrapped my fingers in his hair, tugging so harshly that he moaned loudly.

“Good, now groan my name,” I breathed.

Pacey raised his eyebrows, but I jerked on a thick strand of hair, making him moan even louder.

“Drew,” he groaned noisily.

He winked at me, now understanding my plan, and bit on my neck. Vigorously.

“Oh shit,” I hissed airily. Pacey continued nibbling on my neck, licking one second and literally chomping down the next.

“Oh, oh my goooosh,” I whined boisterously, making Pacey chuckle at me.

Outside, I could hear Logan and Rose in hysterics, while Tristan was gushing about what he thought we were doing. He looked at me quickly, as if to ask if he could continue. I rolled my eyes and nodded my head. Pacey walked me over to the opposite wall and slammed me up against the door so harshly that my idiotic friends jumped back in shock. He gave me an apologetic glance before slapping my ass so hard that I felt like it had fallen off. I screamed in pain as he continued, and then bit on the same spot on my neck, compelling me to yell even louder.

Rose laughed from outside, and then I heard a thump on the ground. I assumed that she had fallen onto the floor, and I sighed in frustration.

“You ready?” He asked so that they could hear us.

I let out a theatrical pant, and breathed a heavy yes. He slammed me against the door harder this time, and wrapped a finger in my hair. He yanked on it hardly, requiring me to moan obnoxiously. Finally, he stabbed his teeth against my neck once more, this time so hard that I couldn’t even feel it anymore.

When we were done, I shook my hair for it to look messy. I pulled off Pacey’s shirt to make it more realistic, and then we walked out.

“Oh, what a surprise seeing you guys here,” I said, trying my hardest to not sound sarcastic.

“What?” Rose asked, awkwardly pretending like she was doing something productive. “We were just, going to get soap.”

I shook my head, walked into the living room, and flopped onto the couch. Pacey sat next to me, kissing me quickly.

“Good acting babe,” he complimented. “Oh, and sorry about the bite marks.”

These were the moments that I lived for; hanging out with friends and being with the people I loved. That was all that mattered to me. I loved that even if something was wrong, I could always count on them, even if we hadn’t talked in ages. Because that’s who they were. And I loved them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, this chapter was SO much fun to write.
I feel like I just let go and decided to make it laid back.
What do you guys think?
I love all of you, even my darn silent readers!
Mwah.