Status: Updates are a couple times a week.(: I write chapters faster when I get comments and subscriptions!

Caught Up In You

Misconceptions

August 20th, 2011
Location: NY, New York
9:30 PM

“You’ve never been on a plane other than tonight?” I asked.

Pacey, the boy who had been sitting next to me on the plane to New York shook his head. “Never,” he replied, waving his arms around like a maniac.

“You’ve got a lot to learn,” I said, leaning back in my seat and looking outside the window, realizing we were heading towards the ground.

“Passengers,” an airy female voice sounded over the intercom. “We will be landing soon. Please stay seated until further notice.”

Pacey sighed and rested his head on his elbow. “So, do you have a girlfriend?” I asked curiously.

He darted his eyes towards mine and smirked, but then frowned. “Well…uh…I did. We recently broke up,” he stated breathlessly and in monotone. “Do you have a girlfriend?” He asked.

Yes! He actually believed I was a guy!

Maybe I could pull this off.

I almost said no, but I wanted to sound realistic, so I nodded. “Yeah, we’ve been dating for… uh…. about ten months now,” I said, hoping I made it sound realistic.

He sat up in his seat and smiled. “Wow.”

“Passengers,” the same female voice announced. “We are arriving to our destination now. Please stay where you are until we have completely landed. You may then grab your bags and proceed off the landing strip. Thank you for taking Alaska Airlines.”

I watched as the plane darted towards the city, pretty and unspoken. We passed through the clear blue sky and finally were on the ground, decelerating. “So, do you have a ride to the school?” I asked. Pacey thought for a moment and looked at me again.

“I’m just taking a bus. It’s only about a block away from the school to the nearest bus stop. I think I can walk that far,” he smiled. Lord, his smile was to die for.

“Me too. I didn’t really think about transportation until the last minute,” I blushed.

When the plane had landed, everyone grabbed their bags and waited quite impatiently as people made their way through the compacted aisle. Pacey and I finally made it out and into the airport.

“So, how do we get outside?” He asked, obviously not knowing exactly where we were.

“It’s right over there,” I said, pointing to my left. We grabbed our bags and wheeled them outside. We waited for about ten minutes until the bus had arrived.

When the doors opened, an old man greeted us with a greedy smile and the words, “Money please.” We inserted our coins into the dispenser and walked to the back of the bus thankfully finding seats.

"Pacey, how old are you?" I asked, trying to make small talk.

"I'm sixteen. But I'll be seventeen on the tenth of December," he said.

"Seriously?!" I exclaimed. Pacey gave me a weird look. "That's my birthday too! Although, I'm turning sixteen. Were you held back?" I asked nosily.

He simply nodded, apparently not wanting to go into details.

When the bus let us off, we walked about a block and stopped when we saw two different schools. “This place is huge man,” I said, chuckling to myself.

We walked inside the male building and to the office. “Hello, how may I help you?” The lady at the desk asked.

“We’ve just arrived and need to get our room numbers,” Pacey stated.

The woman smiled at him and looked back at her computer. “Very well. What are your names?” She asked, staring contentedly at Pacey.

“I’m Drew Wethers,” I said, secretly having a panic attack. What if the computer stated my correct gender? Well, it couldn’t be all that bad. The worst that would happen is they’d send me next door.

“You are in room 218. Just take the elevator down the hall,” she smiled, handing me my dorm key.

“I’m Pacey Riles,” he said. The woman goggled over him for a minute and then began typing furiously.

“Oh, what a surprise! You’ll be in room 218 as well. You have two more roommates,” The lady said before we left. “Their names are Logan Akres and Tristan Hanisen. Oh, and here’s your key!”

Pacey and I nodded as we walked to the elevator in step.

“That chick was totally checking you out,” I chuckled. Pacey gave me a strange look.

“That’s disgusting,” He said, beginning to laugh as well.

I pressed the second button on the elevator that led us to the next floor. When we got off, we searched aimlessly for our room until I realized I was at the opposite end of the hallway.

“Drew, it’s over here,” he said, rolling his eyes.

Opening the dorm, Pacey and I smiled when we saw how roomy it was.

“Wow, it’s actually somewhat big,” he said.

That was an understatement. The dorm was like an oversized apartment. There were four rooms, two bathrooms, one laundry room, a living room, and a kitchen. By the time I was done gawking, Pacey had already unpacked all of his stuff in a vacant room. He walked out and chuckled.

“The last available room is the first one on the right,” he stated. I grabbed my bag and went to unpack.

The room was a dark brown on three walls and a light brown on one wall. There was a twin sized bed, a dresser, a full length mirror, a closet, and a window overlooking the campus. After messily throwing my clothes into the drawers, I sneakily left my feminine products in my suitcase and hid them in the closet so no one would ask.

“Oh hey, you must be Drew,” a handsome guy assumed, prancing into my room.

“And you’re either Logan or Tristan,” I said.

“Logan. Nice to meet you,” he said. Logan had dark black hair and pale, grasping gray eyes. His jaw structure was perfect and square. He wore a pink polo and tan khakis. He looked rich but seemed somewhat genuine.

“Yeah….you ..t..too,” I said, realizing how attractive he was.

“Eh, I’ll catch you around,” Logan said, smiling and walking away.

Realizing I hadn’t taken a shower in two days, I grabbed my towel, shampoo, and conditioner, and walked into the bathroom. Being tired, I forgot to lock the door.

Stripping my clothes off, I threw them in a neat pile on the floor and turned the shower on, waiting for it to get hot. I hung my towel on the rack and slowly got in, feeling the water drip over my freezing body. I stood in the shower for a couple of minutes before washing my hair and body. I turned off the shower and watched the water swirl into the drain.

I heard a door in the hallway open. I was assuming no one was around. Getting out of the shower, I reached for my towel. Right before I grabbed it though, the bathroom door opened.

“Hey Drew…” Pacey’s voice sounded.

When Pacey had opened the door all the way, he noticed I was naked. He also established that I was very much a girl. After staring at each other in shock for a few moments, he opened his mouth.

“What the fuck is going on here?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the language, although there's really only one bad word.
Bahah, anyway, thanks for reading!
Oh, and I've decided I'm obsessed with the name Pacey.
After watching the old drama, 'Dawson's Creek,' and establishing that my favorite character is Pacey, I grew to love it. :3
I wasn't going to have him find out that Drew was a girl until later, but I wanted to have a shock. So, there you go.
Please comment me with any ideas, comments, or criticism you have.
Thank you so much! You guys are amazing!
I love you! < 33