Status: Updates are a couple times a week.(: I write chapters faster when I get comments and subscriptions!

Caught Up In You

Closer

September 23rd, 2011
Friday Night
Location: Drew’s Room
11:14 PM


Lying in bed, I started to sort through all of my feelings. Earlier I had established that I did have a crush on Pacey. It wasn’t huge or anything, just a small urge that made me want to wrap my arms around him and never let go. If he could read my mind, he would be laughing his ass off. I groaned and rolled over. I had known Pacey for just over a month and he had already torn through me without lifting a finger. I wasn’t going to survive boarding school if I was this easy.

Speaking of the devil, I heard Pacey’s voice as he greeted Logan when he came in.

“What are you doing man?” Pacey asked.

“Oh, Tristan and I are going camping with a couple of girls from the campus this weekend,” he said. We had the whole weekend alone? Oh Lord, save me. Sure, this was a good thing. But what if he found out?

I heard Pacey mumble a couple of words and then walk into my room.

“You think you can just strut into my room without asking?” I said.

Pacey smirked and closed the door. “Well Drew, it is our dorm,” he retorted. “Why are you so cantankerous tonight?” He asked, sitting down on top of my feet. I could feel his heat radiate through the blankets.

“I’m surprised you know such a big word,” I stated. Even though my eyes were closed, I could sense that Pacey was glaring at me.

“What the hell is your problem?” He said.

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s the fact that you walk around acting like you own everything,” I said, raising my voice.

He sighed.

“Okay, let’s just say you’re right. But wouldn’t it just be easier to talk to me instead of holding it all in?” I shrugged and sat up, knowing I wouldn’t be able to sleep with him in my room.

“Fine. I’m sorry. I guess I’m just tired,” I paused and looked at him, noticing he looked miserable. “Pacey, what’s wrong?” I asked.

He shrugged.

“Nothing,” He said, clearly avoiding my question.

“Huh, then how did your date go?” Pacey lay down on my bed and patted next to him for me to lie down as well. When I did, he turned to face me. This was the closest I had ever been to him. Inches away, I could feel his fresh breath as he breathed smoothly.

“When Marissa showed up, she ended up disapproving everything I enjoy doing. She stated that I’m never going to become a veterinarian because animals don’t need help. Then she yelled at the waitress for giving her lemonade when she stated she wanted root beer,” He said, his eyes full of disappointment.

“Then how come you were out for five hours?” I asked. He readjusted the sheets so that he was lying underneath them.

“I needed to clear my head,” he said.

“For five hours?” I raised my eyebrows.

Pacey smiled and nodded.

We stayed quiet for what seemed like hours, just staring into each other’s eyes. One moment, I felt like he was going to touch me. Like he was going to wrap his arms around me. But he didn’t. We just stared at each other.

“Drew?” He asked, breaking the curtain of silence.

“Yes Pacey?”

“When we were on that plane, and I asked you if you had a girlfriend, you said yes. Is that true? Are you …”

I started bursting in hysterics. “No Pacey, I don’t have a girlfriend. I’m straight. Sorry to disappoint you.”

Through the darkness, I could see a slight smile start to form on his face.

“Are you wearing makeup Drew?” He asked.

I turned into a million colors of red, from apple to strawberry, all because of my embarrassment.

“No,” I said, obviously lying.

I was too late though.

Pacey brushed his finger over my cheek and drew it over to my lips. I felt my cheek burn as electricity went on a rampage throughout my body. I could feel sparks as his finger stayed resting on the corner of my mouth. Kiss me you fool, I wanted to say. I knew I couldn’t though. He would just laugh and tell all the guys I was hitting on him.

“Why Drew?” He asked, looking at me with almost a sort of compassion.

I shrugged.

“I’ve seen you every day without makeup and you’re absolutely one of the most ravishing women I’ve ever met. You don’t need it,” he began to say, but then realized how stupid he thought he sounded. “And besides, you’re supposed to be a guy, remember?”

When he told me I was beautiful, I almost melted. Pacey’s finger was still on the outside of my mouth. I wanted to kiss him more than anything I’d ever wanted to do before. He was just so tantalizing. But I couldn’t. He would probably reject me, and I couldn’t handle that. However, I was unaware that I was staring at his lips, but he obviously knew. I could hear him chuckling to himself. Pulling his hand towards him, he began to grin.

“What?” I asked impatiently.

“Nothing,” he said.

I smiled sweetly and felt my eyes close on me. Apparently I was more tired than I thought, because the instant I saw darkness, I was asleep.

I dreamed that everything was the opposite. It was like I hadn’t gotten the letter to the male school. I was in the female school. Yet, Pacey was there dressed like a girl. He pulled it off pretty well too. Every dream I had that night, Pacey was in it. From that night on, asleep or awake, Pacey and I were inseparable.

And I was okay with that.

More than okay, actually.

I was ecstatic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Three updates in less than 24 hours!?
I'm SO obsessed with this story.
I think it's my biggest accomplishment.
Oh my gosh, you guys are amazing.
More than amazing, actually.
I made a chapter earlier today, and I had five subscribers.
And now, it's doubled.
AHHH! :3
Keep the comments coming please. (:
I love you guys more than anything.
Ciao.