Status: Updates are a couple times a week.(: I write chapters faster when I get comments and subscriptions!

Caught Up In You

Unlikely Superheroes

October 31st, 2011
Monday Afternoon
Location: Mr. Thaorne’s classroom
1:58 PM


Today was the day most teenagers looked forward to. This was the day where everyone could dress up and be whatever they wanted to be without being judged. Today was Halloween.

After coaxing the administration from each academy, they finally agreed that we could throw a Halloween Party in the vacant but large guest house in the back. During the weekend, Pacey and I went shopping for our Halloween costumes. Even though it was late and unexpected, we still ended up finding something to wear.

Since I had pretended to be a guy for so long, I finally decided I was going to be a female for the party. But I wasn’t going to let anyone see who I was. I was going to wear a flattering wig, of course. The bell finally rang and I was pulled out of my day dream.

Practically running to my dorm room, I ended up dropping my bag on the ground. I heard Pacey laughing at me as he passed by. I scoffed, picked my bag up and walked to our room.

“Are you excited for tonight?” I asked Pacey.

He thought for a moment and then looked at me.

“Eh,” he replied. “By the way, how are you planning on making it to the guest house without anyone seeing you dressed like Wonder Woman?” He asked.

It was true. I had decided I was going to go as Wonder Woman. I had very good reasons though. I had always loved superheroes, and I never had a chance to be one. Tonight was my chance to be what I’d always wanted to be. And the fact that Pacey was going as Batman. I simply wanted to match with him.

I smirked.

“Honestly, I have no idea. I think I’m just going to walk out of our dorm dressed like her. If I get yelled at for being in here, they won’t even be able to tell who I am before I run away,” I smiled. I heard Pacey’s loud footsteps as he followed me to my closet. I pulled out my costume and began taking off my uniform. “Oh gosh. What about Logan and Tristan? Are they going to be here? If they see me in the bathroom getting ready, they’re going to freak!” I exclaimed.

I was astonished that they hadn’t figured out that I was a female yet. But then again, Logan and Tristan weren’t exactly the smartest people in the world. Or maybe I was just a good actress.

“Relax. Tristan has detention all day today. And Logan has a pass to help his sister with her homework over in the library of the girls’ academy,” he replied, not worrying about anything. I pulled off my shoes and socks. I almost removed my slacks but then realized Pacey was in the room.

“Do you mind?” I asked.

“No, not at all,” He laughed.

I rolled my eyes and decided to change in the closet. After pulling on the gaudy leotard, I walked out of the closet feeling unusually strange. “I look weird,” I complained. Pacey sat up on my bed and almost said something when he looked at me. He couldn’t say anything. All he did was stare. “Earth to Pacey?” I asked. “Does this look disgusting on me? You know what, I think I’m just going to take it off,” I said, heading into the closet. Pacey jumped off my bed and made a run for my closet so that he could guard it.

“No, Drew, you’re wearing that costume. You look amazing,” he smiled.

“Are you sure?” I questioned.

He nodded.

“Absolutely.”

I groaned and pulled my wig out of my dresser. After readjusting it a million times, I had finally managed to keep the black wig on without it falling all over the place.

“I am genuinely surprised,” Pacey started. “You actually look good with black hair.”

I rolled my eyes and pulled out my makeup bag. Pacey watched me in disgust. “You’re actually going to put on that junk?” He said.

“I have to! It’s the only way I’ll be able to pull this off. And I actually like wearing make up. Gosh Dad,” I said, uncapping my eyeliner and steadily applying it.

“Shouldn’t you be getting ready as well?” I asked him. Pacey shrugged.

“I don’t know if I really want to go,” he said.

I frowned.

“No Pacey. You’re going. I can’t do this without you,” I said.

Pacey frowned but got up to get ready. After I was done disguising myself, I walked into Pacey’s room. “How do I look?” I asked, putting on my head piece.

Pacey walked out from his closet wearing a batman costume. I almost laughed, but then I realized he actually looked quite charming in it. “You look great. And no, I can’t tell that you’re Drew,” he said.

“Well, you look great too. Thanks,” I said.

October 31st, 2011
Location: Court Yard
6:07 PM


“Drew! Come on, we’re going to be late,” Pacey complained. Although we were becoming good friends, Pacey could be a pain. Sometimes he acted like a complete child. If he didn’t get his way, he would complain. But I didn’t blame him. He was the youngest in his family and he was spoiled.

“I’m almost done,” I said, carefully adding long lashes to my eyes.

When I had finished, Pacey and I sprinted out of room and down the hall to the elevator.

“So, are we going as a superhero couple?” I asked.

“I would think of us as more of a duo. Besides, I could never imagine Wonder Woman and Batman together. They would just end up killing each other in the end,” he replied honestly.

Great, Wonder Woman and Batman would never work.

What was I thinking?

When the elevator opened, I rushed to the exit of the school. “Come on Pacey! I don’t want anyone..” Before I could finish my sentence, I had accidentally crashed into the school nurse.

“Miss, what are you doing in the male building?” She asked.

“Um, I…”

“My sister was coming to get me for the party. She was earlier allowed to enter the male building,” Pacey said, lying perfectly in a matter of seconds. The nurse nodded promptly and put her attention back on me.

“Fair enough. No running though,” she said grumpily before walking back into the office.

“Thanks Pacey. You're a lifesaver,” I laughed, patting his shoulder and heading off towards the guest house. I heard Pacey mutter a couple of words and then pass me on the way over.

“Hey Pacey!” A girl with curly brown hair and a cat costume said. “Oh, I don’t think I’ve met you before. I’m Rose. And you are?” She said, looking at me with shattering blue eyes.

“D…Drew,” I said, deciding it wouldn’t matter if I gave her my actual name.

“Nice to meet you. Come on in you guys!” Rose said enthusiastically. I shook her hand and walked in hesitantly. I wasn’t a girl that usually partied. And although I was pretty sure no one would hit on me, I was kind of anxious.

I had never been in the guest house before, but it looked familiar. The walls were the same shades as the dorm rooms and had the same warming feeling. There was a kitchen, a staircase, a couple rooms, and chairs and tables surfacing the place. I felt strangely at home, but alone all at once. As more and more people entered, I realized I was the only one isolated from everyone else.

Sighing, I took a seat on the frumpy green couch in the middle of the living room. I watched as couples danced, laughing and kissing. I heard the music bursting through my ears. I could smell the alcohol seething throughout the cracks and under the floors. I had no idea how people had managed to get beer in here, especially at a party that the administration was watching. But when I looked around, I realized no teachers were there. Only students were occupying the place.

I exhaled softly and rested my head on the edge of the uncomfortable couch.

“Hello Wonder Woman, mind if I sit down next to you?” I heard a recognizable female voice ask. Directing my eyes to the girl, I saw it was Rose.

“Oh, of course,” I said, scooting over to give her room. Rose fell to the couch, bouncing her head.

“I’m guessing you’re not huge into parties either?” She asked.

I batted my eyelashes.

“How could you tell?” I asked sarcastically, motioning to what I was doing.

A highly intoxicated male dressed as a cowboy came up to us with a couple of red cups.

“Beer?” He asked, stumbling over nothing.

Rose sighed.

“I guess I’ll have one. Drew?” I pursed my lips together as to say no, but then gave in and took the plastic cup in my hand.

“Thanks,” I mumbled.

I rested the cup on my lips and tilted it back, wincing as the liquid burned down my throat. As stupid as it sounded, I never was one that liked drinking. It didn't interest me very much.

After drinking a couple more beers, Rose and I were completely drunk. It was a weird feeling though. I had never had alcohol before.

“So, tell me something about yourself,” I asked Rose.

“I live with my brother because my mom is in a coma and my dad is in prison for stealing cars,” she said breathlessly.

Normally I would’ve been sympathetic, but I started to laugh.

“I’m sorry,” I forced myself to say.

“What about you?”

“Do you promise not to tell anyone?” I asked.

“Pinky swear,” she said, aiming to wrap her finger around mine but missing and falling on top of me.

“I’m falling in love with my roommate,” I said, but then realized she didn’t know I was living at the male academy.

“How come I’ve never seen you around before?” Rose asked.

“That’s a long story. I’ll tell you later,” I replied. After talking with Rose for awhile, we exchanged numbers and headed separate ways. I decided to dance with a couple of people outside. But when I opened the doors, everything started to get blurry. I tried to grab on to the handle of a nearby trash can, but I tripped and fell. I remember seeing people laughing at me as I fell.

But after that, everything turned black, and I was out as fast as the switch of a light.

October 31st, 2011
Monday Night
Location: Drew’s Room
11:14 PM


When I woke up, I had absolutely no idea where I was. I blinked multiple times before really opening my eyes. As soon as I realized I was in my bed, I saw Pacey lying next to me.

“Good, you’re awake,” he said, smiling.

“How did you get me back up here?” I asked, not knowing how slurred my speech was.

“You must’ve been really drunk,” Pacey replied, inhaling deeply. “I heard people talking about a girl that had fallen to the ground. When I went to see who it was, I realized it was you. As a distraction to get you back inside, I sprinted to the office and told them about the alcohol at the party. When all of the teachers and faculty were out of the building, I rushed in front of them and carried you away before they saw you. I’ve got to say Drew, you’re lucky to have me,” he said.

“Don’t flatter yourself,” I replied, rolling my eyes.

Looking down, I realized I was in sweats and an old Nirvana shirt. I glared at Pacey.

“Did you change me out of my costume?” I asked.

I heard him chuckle.

“It’s not like I haven’t seen you naked before,” he retorted. “Besides, I didn’t want you to be uncomfortable,” he added.

“Whatever. Did you take off my makeup too?” I asked.

Pacey nodded.

I laughed.

“Pacey?” I said.

He looked at me.

“Thanks for looking out for me tonight. It means a lot,” I said.

“No problem,” he said, getting out of my bed. “I’ll see you in the morning. We have school tomorrow,” he reminded me. I groaned.

“Night Drew,” he said, closing the door behind him.

His voice was like an angel. It was more than that actually. He was my angel. My guardian. And I knew he didn’t understand how much he was making me fall for him, but I knew I wasn’t going to be able to go much further before I broke.

I had only known Pacey for two months, but in that time, I had felt more chemistry with him than I ever had with any guy in my entire life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my gosh, I don't even know what to say. I'm absolutely speechless. I now have 13 subscribers. You guys are seriously amazing. I'm more determined to continue this story now than any other story I've written before.
So, what do you think? Please tell me what you want to happen!
Ideas would be lovely. Thank you. (:
OH!
And thanks so much to my two commenters (not a word, but whatever):
foreveraoutcast
MerciPorLeVenin

I love all of you!
Remember, the more comments, the more updates.
Mwah! (: