The Tattoo

Chapter Three

Tears threatened to spill over as I watched them kiss and then glance around the room. They both froze when their eyes landed on me and then they quickly looked away. Derek whispered something to her and she nodded before taking her seat across the room. Dereks seat, unfortunately, was directly behind me. Brandon and Will both shot me sympathetic looks as Derek took his seat.

"Amber.." Derek whispered.

I turned around and forced nonchalance. "Yeah?"

He frowned. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were in here already.." he trailed off.

"Obviously. I don't have anyone to meet before school anymore." I snapped. I whipped around in my seat just as Mr. Neal started to speak.

"Alright, who all has their tattoo in this class?" He asked.
About half of the class raised their hands. Today was the day everyone showed their tattoos in every class in hopes of finding their mate. We had this day every second Tuesday of the month.

Mr. Neal nodded. "Julie Anderson." He glanced up as she got out of her seat and made her way up front. She was the schools biggest slut.

"Jules..Mr. N...call me Jules." She purred and winked. I made a small gagging sound in the back of my throat and Brandon glanced over at me and chuckled.

Julie finally lifted her pant leg to show her tattoo located on her calf. An infinity symbol.

"Does anyone have this tattoo?" Mr. Neal asked. Nobody moved. "Take your seat, Julie." He said and then wrote something down.

"That's not surprising. I wouldn't admit it even if I dis have the same tattoo." I muttered and then laughed. Suddenly, Mr. Neal was in front of me.

"See me after school. Rude comments are not tolerated." He snapped.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. Everyone else showed off their tattoos and the day passed quickly after that. I walked to my locker and grabbed my stuff before making my way to Mr. Neals room. The door was shut so I peaked in the window and didn't see anyone in the room. Maybe he's in his office. I turned the knob and walked in the room just as he came walking out of his office. His tie was loose, sleeves rolled up, and shirt slightly unbottoned. Drool-worthy.

He glanced up at me and pressed his lips in a tight line. "Amber. That was really rude this morning. You aren't normally like that." He said as he made his way around me and shut the door.

I sighed. "I'm sorry. Rough morning."

He shook his head and leaned up against his desk. "Why don't we take this into my office?" He asked.

I nodded and followed him into the smaller room. He gestured for me to sit but I shook my head.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Nothing."

"Liar."

I sighed. After a second I gave in and told him everything. His face softened and he pulled me into a hug. I stiffened but then hugged him back. Eventually he pulled away and the took a step back.

"Detention with me after school all week." He said, smiling.
"What?!" I exclaimed.

"You heard me." He smirked. "Dismissed." He turned to his computer.

I turned and started to storm out of the room when he called out to me. "Amber."

I turned around and raised my eyebrows. He walked right up to me so he was standing so our bodies were practically pressed together. He reached up and brushed his hand across my cheek and the was the first time I ever saw his tattoo. On his wrist was a key which a heart shaped key hole. It was beautiful.

I reached out and ran my fingers across it. "Do you have a mate..?" I found myself asking. He stiffened.

"Get out."

"But.."

"Get the fuck out of my office!" He snapped.

My eyes widened and I quickly made my way out of his office slamming the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, guys. Its my Senior year and Ive been crazy busy. This is short but I'm updating tomorrow. Let me know what you think..