The Tattoo

Chapter Eight

About two months and three weeks had passed since that first detention, since then Ian and I had gotten pretty close. I guess you could consider us…friends. Even though he still freaked out on me whenever I asked him about his tattoo or his ring. He was strange, I guess you could say. I had also decided to give Brandon a chance and we’d been going strong since then. Today was actually our two months.

On cue, my phone rang and ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ blasted through the speakers. It was Brandon’s ringtone because of that day he caught me dancing and singing to it. It was our song I guess you could say. He was a sweet guy and even though I still missed Derek sometimes, he made me happy.

Answering the phone, I smiled, “Yes?”

He laughed, “Generally, people answer the phone with the world ‘Hello’.”

“I’m special.” I chirped.

“That you are but hey, the reason I called, can I pick you up around 7 as opposed to 8? That’s the only time I could get a reservation for the restaurant.”

“Yeah, that’s fine.” I glanced at the clock which showed 5:30, “But, if that’s the case, I gotta go so I can start to get ready.”

“Alright, see you then. Bye babe.”

“Bye.” I smiled and hung the phone up only to get another call. The ringtone gave away who it was.

Smirking, I answered the phone, “Isn’t it against the law to stalk a student?”

He chuckled, “You’d like it if I was stalking you, don’t deny it.”

I sighed, “What do you need Ian? I have a date to get ready for.”

“Ah yes, your two month anniversary. “ He laughed.

“Yep. Now what do you want?”

“You’re always so impatient; anyway, your birthday is the day after tomorrow. What should I get you?”

I grinned, “You don’t have to get me anything. Do you always get presents for your students?”

“Shut up. No, I don’t. But, I want to get you something, I guess I can figure it out.”

“Whatever you say, Ian.” I giggled.

“Bye, love.” He whispered, causing me to shiver slightly.

I do have a small crush on him, I’ll admit but he was a teacher and I was with Brandon. I doubt he returns the feelings anyway. Thinking over our conversation, I realized he was right, my birthday was in two days. Which means I’ll be getting my tattoo. I wonder if it will match Brandon’s. If it doesn’t, I wonder WHO it will match. I sighed again, running to my closet and pulling out a black dress that fell mid-thigh. I ironed it and then pulled out matching black heels. Content with my outfit, I sat down and curled my hair and then applied my makeup a little darker then I usually do, making my eyes pop. As I was finishing up, the doorbell rang.

“Coming!” I shouted. I walked down the stairs and opened the door, revealing Brandon. Giving him a once over, I realized how good he really looked. He was wearing a red dress shirt with dark jeans and dress shoes. His blonde hair was tousled sexily and his eyes were sparkling. He grinned and stepped in the house, placing his hands on my hips and his lips on mine.

He pulled away and rested his forehead on mind, “You look so beautiful.” He whispered.

I smiled and blushed slightly at his compliment, “You look pretty good yourself.”

“Ready?” He murmered.

I nodded, “Yeah, let’s go.” I laced my fingers in his and walked next to him out to the car. He opened the passenger door for me and then closed it behind me after I was seated.

After he was seated next to me, I turned to him, “Where are we going?”

Smirking, he placed his hand on my thigh, squeezing it slightly. “It’s a surprise.”

I groaned, glaring at him but knowing he wouldn’t tell me. He smiled at me warmly, “Always so impatient.” I swallowed, his words reminding me of Ian’s. I really didn’t need to be thinking of Ian on my date, so I quickly pushed all thoughts of him out of my mind, turning my attention back to Brandon who was still smiling at me. I stuck my tongue out at him as we pulled up to the restaurant. It had a name I couldn’t pronounce but it was really nice. We were seated almost immediately and we ordered after that.

“Soo…” Brandon started.

I chuckled and raised my eyebrows in question.

“Yes?”

He sighed, “Your birthday is the day after tomorrow, what would you like?”

I grinned, “I don’t need anything.”

“I’m getting you something, I was just asking out of consideration.” He smirked.

I shook my head, turning my attention to the food that was placed in front of me. He cleared his throat, causing me to look up again.

“What if we don’t have the same tattoo, babe? I don’t want to lose you.”

I reached over and placed my hand in his, “We’ll deal with that when the time comes.”

We finished dinner, chatting about life, school and pretty much everything else. Too soon, we were standing outside my house. Standing outside my house, he pulled me close to him and kissed me before stepping back.

“I better be going. Thank you for tonight. It was amazing, as always.” He smiled, lightly.

“Thank you as well. I had a lot of fun. Hey, tomorrow is Sunday. Do you think you can come over for the day?”

He hesitated and then shook his head, “I can’t. My mom has had this family day planned for like six months, I asked her if you could come because I want you to meet everyone but she said it was to last minute.”

“Oh, well that’s fine. Have fun with your family.” I smiled, placing my lips on his. He deepened the kiss and we stood there for a moment, lost in each other. I pulled back and he grinned, “I’ll see you on your birthday though. Till then, bye babe. I’ll miss you.”

I watched as he crossed the lawn to his car. He waved quickly in my direction and pulled out, speeding in the direction of his house. I smiled and let myself in the house, making my way upstairs to change into something more comfortable. That night, I fell asleep with a smile on my face as I thought of the day’s events.

The next day passed quickly, I laid around and watched Disney movies all day. I’d always liked to have day’s to myself. Around 10pm, a knock sounded at my door. Curious, because I wasn’t expecting anyone, I got up to answer the door. Opening it did not reveal who I expected.
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's Note: Hello everyone :) Okay, I know my updates have been slow and I'm really sorry. I've been pretty busy getting ready for college as classes start on Monday. I hope you like this chapter. :) Amber's birthday is in the next chapter :) Oh and who is at the door?