Insanity Speaks For the Broken Soul

Be Prepared For Anything

“Hello?”

“Hey babe, did I scare you?”

“Oh my gosh, were you trying to prank me?!?!”

“Haha yeah, I was trying to see if you’d get scared!”

Phew. Thank god he was okay. Brad was always the type of person for pranks and jokes. One thing I hate is that somehow, these pranks always involve me. Well, only ones that seem scary or dangerous. Like the fact that he could be dead.

“You’re mean babe. I was terrified!”

“I’m sorry. I love you.”

I couldn’t help but overly smile and blush like a tomato.

“Awh, I love you too. Well I can’t really talk much longer since I have a lot of homework, but since you’ve been asking, I finally got my dress. It’s like a dark royal blue so try finding a tie that’s kind of navy like yeah?”

“Alright, I think I have one of those lying around somewhere. Anyways, you should get started on your homework. Bye babe, I love you. I’ll call you soon.”

“Alright then, love you too.”

I hung up the phone and began unpacking my backpack. I started my homework and didn’t end up finishing till one in the morning. I repacked my backpack and headed for the bathroom. I was washing my face until I heard a knock on the window. I jumped a little bit to see Ivy hanging off the window. I opened the window and helped Ivy up. She got into the bathroom and brushed off the dust from her pants. I looked at her. “Care to explain?”

“Well I was outside just hanging in the back yard and the door was locked! I tried calling them, but I guess they didn’t hear me and I didn’t bring my key so I thought I’d just climb up your window.”

“You’re oblivious, you know that?”

“Yes I know, no need to rub it in my face.”

We laughed. I continued to wash my face and brush my teeth while Ivy was brushing hair. We both said our goodnights and headed off to our rooms. I snuggled up into bed when I got a call from Brad.

“Hello?”

“Hey babe. Just thought I’d call to say goodnight.”

“Haha, goodnight babe. I love you.”

“Sweet dreams Tracy.”

He hung up. It was nice how well Brad knows me and how close we were. It was like having a second Ivy in my life. Prom was a tomorrow and graduation was a few days after that. It was crazy thinking about how fast time has flown by. Before I know it, I’ll be off to college. Speaking of college, I still haven’t had the time to check my emails. I got up and opened my laptop. Berkeley, San Diego, Santa Barbra, Washington..there were so many to pick from. I decided to look at Berkeley email first. Then I started opening all the other emails. They all offered the same thing. Full scholarships. I loved all the schools I applied to, but I could only choose one. Since Brad and Ivy had both applied to schools as well, I decided to ask for their opinion tomorrow. I closed my laptop and snuggled in my bed until the morning sun rise.