Insanity Speaks For the Broken Soul

Dinner for Two

Dinner was separated according to class. I sat down with my class. It was really awkward. I felt like the ugly duckling, the one no one wanted to notice. Everyone looked at me, I’m not sure if it was because they noticed someone new or because they thought I really was the ugly duckling. All of a sudden I felt a light touch on my shoulder. I turned to see a girl. She was around my age. We could be sisters. She had long ash blonde hair. Blue eyes, skinny, and around my height. You can say she kind of resembled a Barbie doll. Something about her made me feel a lot more comfortable.

“Hi, I’m Ivy! You must be new here?”

“Yeah, I’m Tracy! Is it always like this during dinner?”

“Oh no, they just do that every time someone new comes to the place. They get over it eventually. How’s it been here for you so far? Pretty hectic huh?”

“Yeah, crazy. How long have you been here?”

“2 years. It actually goes by pretty fast.”

One of the lunch ladies tapped the table and shut us up. We munched down our food like shenanigans and licked our plates clean. Ivy stood up from the table and offered her hand. “I’ll walk you to your room! Let’s go!” I grabbed her hand and we paced ourselves down the hall. That very day, we became best friends.