Status: Live

Holding Hands Won't Be Enough

Chapter 24: Escaping

She hadn’t heard a word from Bam and was starting to tire of sitting, aimlessly staring at her laptop, downing drink after drink as her mind wondered around her past. She wondered how different things would be if she had slept with Jussi all those years ago, but she couldn’t help but feel that even if she did, her and Ville still would have found each other... Eventually. She closed her computer and piled it ontop of her magazines, heading to her room and ordering room service sounded amazing to her and her alcohol soaked belly. She couldn’t remember the last time she had just sat in her own company and though she eventually bored of it, it was refreshing. She headed through the lobby, nodding politely with a smile at the friendly concierge as she walked past , deciding she would walk a few flights of stairs as opposed to riding the elevator the whole way up. She was barely five steps up the staircase when loud screams ricocheted around the building from the lobby doors. She casually turned her head to see what all the commotion was about and her heart fluttered in her chest.

--------


”You’re positive she’s not at this hotel?”

”I’m banging the concierge man, I asked her straight up and she checked.” Jussi insisted. ”No Jonna Nygren here.” he stated as Ville could hear his various chains jingling as he walked.

”I’ll be there in about an hour then.”

”Just enough time for me to sink a brewski and get some lovin’...” he said jovially, though Ville knew he was deadly serious; it was his frankness that made him such a good friend. ”Can I just ask, why don’t you want to see your fiancee?”

”I’ll tell you over a cigarette my friend.”

”No need, I think I know.” he laughed, ending the phone call.

--------


Approximately One Hour Later, The New York Palace

It must have been the day for it, he was mobbed at LAX, then again at JFK and had just been spotted outside this hotel by a large group of females donning ’69 Eyes’ and ’Bam’ shirts. He wondered how they found out so quickly, but his knowledge of the internet was slim to none, so the possibilities were endless. Traveling solo, he had no one to keep the excitable fans away, he was thankful that there were only fifteen or so or he would have been there all night posing in photographs, signing things and hugging strangers. He was never not happy to do it, but on this occasion, he just wanted to get inside and hide himself in a bath with a book. Signing the last thing and receiving the last kiss on the cheek, he finally tore away from the group which allowed them to collectively scream in excitement at each other, it made his ears ache. As he entered the lobby, his eyes scanned his surroundings as they do when you’re in a new environment, but he had to double take on the stairs. There was Milly, the one thing he wanted in the world right now, presented to him on a grand staircase with her beautiful smile. She waved coyly before they both walked closer to one another. ”Nice fans, do you take them everywhere with you?” she smirked.

”Only when I’m trying to impress beautiful women.” he whispered, pretending to look around as if it were a secret. She laughed and held her belongings closer to her body. Ville could tell she had been drinking, with skin so pale her cheeks always flushed light pink when she had had a few. He shook his head, trying to not let thoughts of her perfection to him monopolise his mind. ”What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be in West Chester.”

”It flooded. We have to wait until it’s dried out, so Bam bought us here to just relax for a while. What are you doing here?”

”Escaping.” not another word needed to be said, they both know how that felt.

”Do you,” she started, shifting her weight from one foot to the other, ”want to get some dinner?” his heart kicked, she willingly wanted to do something with him and him alone. He didn’t know how to accept, let alone refuse. He just nodded. ”Okay. Good.” she smiled, also nodding.

”Oh, I need to get a room.” he laughed, motioning at his luggage. ”Hold on.” he walked the short distance to the desk, carrying his bag over his shoulder. She didn’t know whether to follow or to stay put, but when she could hear he was having trouble booking, she walked up next to him. ”Surely you have one room available tonight? I don’t care if it’s a broom cupboard.”

”Sorry sir, the first available room is tomorrow morning at eleven a.m.”

”Um, am I right in thinking that we’re allowed guests in our rooms? It’s only, I have a double room for my son and I but he will probably be sleeping in my bed anyway because he’s little.”

”It’s entirely at your digression Miss Aaltoinen.”

”Milly, you don’t-”

”It’s fine. May I please have a second key just until Mr Valo can take that room you suggested in the morning?”

”Of course.” she replied, handing the key to Milly, who promptly handed it to Ville.

”Thank you.” Ville nodded at the concierge, then at Milly. ”You really didn’t have to do that.”

”I’m just really hungry and didn’t want to stand about for hours.” she laughed, ”But really, it’s fine.” she insisted as they entered the elevator and rode to the 12th floor in silence.

--------


”So, New York...” Ville started as he sipped on his tall glass of coke.

”Yeah, it’s been a long while since we caused some trouble here.” she smiled, fondly. ”It’s hard to imagine us being like that now.”

”What, alcoholics who shoved whatever they were given up their noses?” he snorted. She nodded. ”My body is definitely in better days now. And yours, evidently.”

”I assume you’re referring to the meat that’s now on my bones as opposed to the skeleton I once was.” she giggled, sipping her iced water. ”Somebody should have told us that ’booze ain’t food’.” Ville laughed heartily as he admired her healthy, toned-in-the-right-places body. She finally looked like the movie star he had always seen her as.

”You look good kid.” he smiled, sincerely. The ordered their meals from the waiter and sat quietly, nervously, for a moment before Milly spoke up.

”Jussi is here, did you know?” she said, perking up the conversation lull.

”I did.”

”Well..” she said being playfully annoyed. ”You tell me something then.” she demanded, placing her drink down, ”Why are you escaping?”

“I just needed a break from the record company bullshit. I usually come here when it gets too much for my feeble little brain to handle.” He sighed, looking troubled, “Plus, Mige has got some stick lodged in his arse hole and Linde won't so much as speak to anyone bar Gas: Everyone is going loco. I also feel really rude and intrusive living in your house whilst you're not there." He admitted.

"You guys are leaving in three days; surely you could have stuck it out?"

"I extended my stay. Kat has some time for some work and my lungs are enjoying the warmer air back there."

“And here I was thinking the universe had brought Squishy Face and String Bean back together."

"I haven't heard those names since we were teenagers." He smiled, reminiscently.

"You mean since I was fifteen and still had my silly baby cheeks."

"Your baby cheeks were lovely, rivaled only by Oscar's, in fact." She could feel her cheeks flush, so quickly sipped on her water. “Speaking of, where is the little man?”

“Bam is using him as bait to lure Missy back into his arms and into a pregnancy ward.”

“The baby thing?” he asked, knowingly.

“The baby thing…” she affirmed.

“Bam will be an amazing father.” Ville noted. Milly was distracted by her bag vibrating, she grabbed at items in her bag and set them on the table, Ville reached across and picked up two small plastic dinosaurs and laughed, finally she found her phone and answered just in time.

“Bam, speak of the devil.” She answered, returning the items on the table to her bag. “How’s it going?” she asked, watching Ville position the dinosaurs in sexual positions. It was no wonder he and Bam were friends, she mused. “I’m actually having dinner with Ville, he’s in New York too, apparently.” She smiled, his heart melted, “Okay, I will. Yes. I will.” She said, rolling her eyes, “Goodbye Bam. Yes, I said I will.” She rolled her eyes one final time and dropped her phone back into her bag. “Bam said you’re a dick snap for not calling him.”

“Interesting.” He purred, raising his brow.

“So, do the guys know you’re here? Does Seth know?” he shook his head.

“I sneaked out like a cat burglar.”

”Won’t they be annoyed?”

”Darling, they’re annoyed at something anyway, who cares?” she felt guilty.

”Seth.. he’s an odd one.” he stated, not looking at her but concentrating on running his finger around the edge of his glass.

”How so?” Milly asked, interested in Ville’s opinion of him.

”This morning, seconds after you left, he asked me why I cheated on you.”

”That’s none of his business.” she replied, offended. A crease forming between her brows as she frowned.

”He was asking me if I stayed with Jonna and what our relationship was like.”

”Also, none of his business. I’m sorry he was digging into your personal life, Ville. Really. He had no place to do that.” she rambled, apologetically.

”It’s okay, I just.. I don’t know.” he said, ruffling his hair, ”Keep an eye on him, yeah?” she nodded, unsure of what he meant by that but at the same time, not wanting too.

”Okay.”

”I couldn’t bare the thought of you going through what I did to you again.” he admitted.

”Thanks, Ville. I appreciate it.” she said sincerely, just as a waiter arrived with their food. ”I propose a toast,” she said holding her drink out, ”to not talking about work, our partners, Bam or Oscar.”

”Kippiss.” he smiled, clinking his glass against hers.
(Cheers.)

”Na zdorovie.”
(Cheers – Russian)
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave your brilliantly heart warming feedback as usual my lovelies x