Status: Live

Holding Hands Won't Be Enough

Chapter 25: Katia

”I’m not his minder.” Mige stated bluntly at Seth, who was persistently asking the whereabouts of Ville, ”He’s probably booked himself into a hotel to relax, he does that sometimes.”

”You’re making a fucking record, now is not the time to be taking some time out.” Seth stressed, tapping his cell phone in his hand. ”His phone has been off all afternoon.”

”He’ll do that too.” Gas added.

”Fuck.” he grunted, defeated. ”Well, we’ll just have to track instrumentals, solos, backing, you know..”

”Whatever you think boss.” Mige nodded, not wanting to argue with him. His cell began to vibrate across the counter top, his brow furrowed and he looked to Gas who was standing next to him, showing him the caller ID. Gas merely shrugged and half nodded, equally as unsure as Mige whether he should answer. ”Jonna...” he said, emotionless.

”Mige, why is Ville’s phone off?”

”I couldn’t tell you, sorry.. You know Ville.”

”Well, I think I’m at the right address, I was just checking to be sure. Can you let me in?”

”Sure.” he ended the call and stared blankly at the phone. Ville had really thrown them to the wolves by leaving them with Jonna, she was hard enough to deal with on a day she wasn’t pregnant with a missing fiance. ”Jonna is here.” he said through clenched teeth. Linde raised his hands in defense and walked away, not wanting anything to do with her.

”I’ll go.” Burton offered. Mige nodded and took a deep intake of air.

”This is the woman Ville cheated on Mal with, isn’t it?” Seth asked, his tone not easy to place. It sounded way too interested to Mige.

”Unfortunately.”

--------


”Do you remember that time we were in London and we decided to hijack those go karts from the back of that pub?” Ville chortled.

”Yes! You split your pants down the crotch!”

”I was thinking more of the moment when you and Burton had a head on crash.” he smirked.

”There was so much blood from such tiny cuts. We went to that pub afterwards and they asked us to leave because it ’wasn’t Halloween’, I remember!” she laughed.

”Always with the car related injuries.” he sniggered, ”I think all these instances is why I couldn’t trust myself with a drivers license.”

”You mean because you crashed my dad’s car?” she quipped, cheekily, knowing it was a playfully arguable point between them.

”Hey!” he laughed, ”We were both driving!”

”You were steering!” she sniggered, referring to the fact that she had decided one day to teach Ville how to drive by getting him to sit on her lap and steer and change gear, whilst she manned the pedals. ”I think we’re old enough to admit wrong on both parts.” he nodded in agreement, ”But mostly wrong on yours.” she added, quietly.

”What was that?” he smiled, having heard her perfectly.

”Nothing.” she grinned.

”That’s what I thought.”

”Though, it probably would have gone a lot better if we hadn’t been absolutely wasted. Don’t you think?”

”I do, but I don’t think reasoning with our younger selves would have been met with eager ears. If only we could tell the little shits how much trouble it would cause in their lives.” he said pensively.

”Life lessons, I guess. It made us who were are now, just think of it like that.”

”But it took me destroying our relationship to sober up.”

”You were drinking yourself to death Ville, even before I left, we both were. Maybe, maybe it was a good thing that what happened happened. I don’t think I could have dealt with you dying.” her words touched his heart, after the pain he put her through, hearing her say she would prefer it over him dying, warmed his soul.

”Do you think that we’d still be how we were then, now, if we’d stayed together?” he asked, allowing the conversation to turn serious, for a moment.

”Honestly, I think we’d still be drunkard fools in the never ending cycle of fighting and fucking.. I do.” she shrugged, forgetting for a moment that she was pregnant before she left Ville and that regardless to whether she had left or stayed she would have drastically changed her lifestyle to better suit her impending motherhood.

”Excuse me...” he said, his eyes widened, ”I do not fuck women. I make love to them.” Milly’s head fell to the side and stared quizzically at Ville.

”Did you really just say that?” she asked, amused.

”Rephrase...” he chuckled, ”I made love to you.” Milly picked up her drink and quietly sipped it, not sure if she was amused or confused. ”But.. that’s not to say we never fucked, because,” he stopped to snigger, ”we fucked.” he said suggestively. Before she could help it water sprayed out of her mouth onto the table, now adding embarrassment to her hysterical laughter. She padded her napkin on her mouth before pressing it on the table, her body shook with laughter, as did Ville’s as he helped. Heads were turning and scoffing at the noise the two of them were making in the middle of the restaurant, they noticed and decided it was time to take their leave.

”I don’t think I’ve laughed that hard in years.” she noted as they rode the elevator, wiping under her eyes with her fingers.

”Me either sweetheart.” he smiled. They reached the 12th floor and Ville followed Milly to Bam’s room, to which she had a key. She knocked quietly a few times to no answer before slotting the key card into the door and gently stepping into the room.

”Hello..” she called quietly, ”Adorable.” she cooed. Ville rounded wall to the bedroom to see what she was fawning over and he couldn’t help but smile. Bam was holding Missy close to his body, Oscar lay on his stomach on of Bam’s chest, with Missy’s hand on his back. It was truly adorable. He turned to Milly who was rifling through her bag, she pulled out her camera and took a quick snap of them as they lay blissfully unaware. She walked over and very gently lifted the boy away from the sleeping couple, careful not to wake any one of them. ”Let’s go.” she whispered to Ville.

--------


”He didn’t wake at all, Bam and Missy must of really worn him out.” she said, stepping out onto the balcony where Ville was smoking. She lit one for herself and joined him looking out over New York City.

”Well that’s good.”

”It is..” she smiled, drinking in the beautiful city lights. ”We’re going ice skating tomorrow at The Rockefeller Center, if you’re not doing anything?”

”I’m not.” he said without hesitation. She smiled bashfully, it was like they were young again, she gave him butterflies in his stomach.

”Fantastic.” she beamed, before turning her head coyly, ”I’m glad you picked this hotel.” she noted, sincerely, extinguishing the cigarette in the ashtray between them.

”Well, Jussi actually suggested it to me.”

”You know what I mean.” she laughed softly as she opened the door that led back into the room. ”I really enjoyed dinner.” she said, when what she really wanted to say was that she really enjoyed spending time just them, like old times.

”It was nice, wasn’t it.” he smiled, she mirrored his smile and and her grip on the door loosened as she was about to walk through it, ”I’m glad I picked this hotel too.” she lifted her head and looked into his eyes, hoping not to see a word of lies, ”Very glad in fact.” she bit down on her bottom lip to stop her smiling too much, she felt like she wasn’t allowed to smile, but she just couldn’t help herself which embarrassed her.

”Good.” she said sweetly, succinctly nodding her head and hurrying herself inside to the sanctuary of her room.

--------


He wanted to do something special tonight, it wasn’t every day of the week someone graduated university and he wanted to make an extra effort given he had the means to. He booked a booth at a popular Japanese restaurant in Beverley Hills, bought a beautiful bouquet of flowers, even shaved for the occasion. Katia looked gorgeous; her dark hair straight and sleek against her face was sitting daintily on her shoulders, her skin glowed with a natural tan and her legs, elongated from her designer heels, were endless from the hem of her dress down. They had enjoyed a quite, intimate meal, discussing a whole manner of things, happy to be able to relax with one another without being on a time-frame. They decided to head to their usual meeting place, a quaint jazz bar a short cab ride away. Like a true gentleman, he placed his jacket softly on her shoulders to protect her from the cold, before wrapping his arm around her waist and walking her out of the restaurant. She pulled the jacket closer to her body as they stepped outside, he chuckled and pulled her closer into his body, taking no notice of anyone around him.

”Seth?”

”Gwen..” he uttered, his body and mind freezing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aaaaand discuss...
xx