Status: Live

Holding Hands Won't Be Enough

Chapter 37: Whatever

"Yo, have you heard your phone ringing?" Bam asked, casually leaning up against the door frame to the room Milly was staying in. She looked around, she hadn't even seen her phone since she left the bar.

"You know, I think I left it at the Note actually." she shrugged, the only person who didn't have Bam's number to call if there was an emergency was Seth - and she no longer cared to even speak his name. "Why's that?"

"Ville has been trying to get ahold of you…"

"He'll be here in an hour and a half, what's so important?" she laughed. Bam face twitched nervously and Milly saw it. "What?"

"Jonna is coming." her stomach twinged.

"Oh."

"Yeah, 'oh'…" he repeated, entering the room and sitting on the bed, mindlessly picking up a pair of Oscar's shoes and holding them. "I told him she can't stay here."

"Bam." she scolded, not wanting to cause friction between Ville and Bam.

"No, I don't want her under the same roof as Oscar. Ville understood; he booked a hotel."

"So long as you're not jeopardising your relationship with Ville to save my feelings."

"I'm not. I don't like home wreckers."

"Nobody does."

"And I don't like Jonna."

"You don't know Jonna."

"I know you." he rebutted, "I know Ville…" Milly leant over and kissed his cheek.

"You're a good friend, Margera." he smiled softly. "And as a good friend, I'd expect you to tell me the truth if I were to ask you a serious question…"

"About what?" It had been playing on her mind since the night Jonna made her entrance; she only caught a glimpse and thought it might be her mind playing tricks on her, but she had Bam alone and Jonna was the topic of conversation, so she asked.

"Is Jonna.. Is she pregnant?" Milly questioned apprehensively, startling Bam.

"Umm, huh?" he responded, having heard her clearly. Her stomach sank.

"So she is..?" he sighed heavily.

"Apparently."

"Right." she nodded, averting eye contact.

"He's been trying to tell you, Mil. He's terrified."

"He shouldn't be. Babies aren't scary." she replied softly. Knowing exactly what Bam really meant.

"Jonna's will be." Milly chuckled. "Good, you're laughing. That's good." he grinned, "What-the-fuck-ever!" he exclaimed, "Bitches, babies.. Oscar is way cuter than any offspring she'll squeeze out anyway. Nothing beats a first born. Whatever. Whatever!" he picked up her arms and held them in the air, waiting for her to repeat him.

"Whatever." she said, dryly.

"Once more with feeling!" he hollared.

"Whatever!"

--------


All dressed to the nines, it was weird to be inside the completed space. Milly, Bam and Glomb stood at the bar, drink in hand and admired their hard work. "It looks insane. Milly, you did the best job." Bam gushed.

"Come now, you boys worked just as hard as I did." she smiled, "We done good kids."

"And you look smokin'!" Glomb exclaimed, studying her overall look. Her long hair cascaded over her shoulders in loose, heavy curls; her pale skin glowing against the black and gold of her dress.

"Why thank you." she replied, bowing her head in gratitude.

"Where's the kid?" he asked.

"Ape and Phil have him and Jesse's kids." she replied as her phone began to vibrate on the bar. She didn't recognise the caller i.d. "Hello?"

"Milly, it's me."

"Why are you calling from a landline?" she asked, confused.

"Jonna is with me. She put my phone in her purse. I'm sorry.." he said desperately.

"Ville, it's fine.. She's your fiance, it would be silly of me to think that she wouldn't come, wouldn't it?" she replied as Glomb gestured that he was going to go speak to people.

"I just wanted to let you know before she made some awful grand entrance and sour comment to you…" he explained softly.

"Well, thank you." she smiled. "When should I brace myself for her impact?"

"Ten minutes or so. I have to go." he said quickly, hanging up. She set her phone back down and drummed her fingers on it for a second. She picked up her scotch, sank it in one and ordered another and then one more.

"Jesus Bam, you didn't tell me the looker was a drinker too." Chad chuckled, sliding next to her at the bar as she swallowed the third, gritting her teeth afterward. "Good on you, kid."

"What's the rush to get liquored, boozey?" Bam asked, touching her arm.

"Jonna will be here in, oh, eight minutes." she chuckled, "Just getting myself adiquately prepared." Bam looked at Milly, then to her glass, then to the big antique iron clock face on the wall.

"That gives us eight minutes." he reached over the bar, grabbed the bottle of Johnny Walker and two extra glasses. "Chad?"

"Oh baby baby." he chortled, rubbing his hands together and gathering his effects to follow Bam.

--------


It had been ten minutes and there was still no sign, the bottle had a serious dent in the contents considering the short time frame, and still Chad splashed more liquor into her glass, her throat felt swollen and warm from the proceeding libations - but it was yet to take anymore than a subtle 'woozy' effect.

"So I hear your kid is cute as shit." Chad smiled deviously. He had made it clear that he was attracted to Milly from when they had met the day before. Milly smiled, graciously and nodded.

"He is cuter than shit."

"Oh really?" he laughed, "I guess he'd fucking have to be with his parentage, huh?"

"Well, obviously." she chuckled jovially.

"Mazel taf to that!" he toasted, holding his glass up. Bam and Milly clinked thier glasses high against his before shotting the hard liquid.

"God damn." Bam coughed.

"Get it together man, there's a Scandinavian lady present." Chad jested. "Another?"

"No…" she protested, pushing the glass away from her as he proceeded to pour into it. "I need a few minutes." she giggled, her chest and stomach on fire. "Or a vodka.."

"That a girl!" he exclaimed, standing, "Bam, beer?" Bam nodded.

"What?" she asked, smiling at her friend.

"It's not just Jonna you're drinking about; I know this kind of drinking.. I do this kind of drinking." she sighed. As big of a Jackass he played, he was an intelligent and in-sync man and caring and loyal friend. He was right, she was drinking for everything that had happened since the day they turned up. She was drinking becuase of Ville, becuase of Seth, becuase of Jonna..

"I haven't allowed myself anytime to just let it all go.. Let it all go and just not care - not think about it. I'm allowed." she smiled widely, "My friends are here, my son is safe, we did an amazing job here… I'm letting my bullshit go and getting drunk. I haven't been out like this for years… I haven't not had a care in the world for years… I'm fine."

"Sure?"

"Sure."

"What are we toasting?" Chad asked, sitting back at the table with a bunch of beers and a tall, potent smelling, icy concoction he slid infront of Milly.

"Friends." Bam geered, grabbing his bottle and thrusting it into the air.

"Friends!" they toasted loudly with their new drinks.

"Ville!" Bam yelled loudly over the music, standing to his feet quickly and waving his arm. "Here!" Milly's eyes flicked up and she saw him walking toward them, looking dashing in a loosely buttoned black shirt, scarf, wide collared coat, jeans and boots.

-------


Since he had entered the venue, it had taken him ten minutes to get near the bar with all the people stopping him and wishing him a happy birthday; in fact it had taken so long that Jonna had taken herself off to the bathroom leaving Ville free to scan the area for Milly. He followed the bar along eventually hearing Bam and turning to see them at a table togehter with Chad. Milly's eyes flicked up and caught sight of him, making his stomach tighten; she looked stunning. Her hair flowing freely, her dress so alluring in the way that it covered every inch of her top half but was sheer and eye-catching. Her eyes glittered in the subtlely lit bar, her cheeks were flushed from drinking. "Happy mother-fucking Birthday, Wille." Bam said sincerely, pulling him into a hug. Though they had had their moments over the years, Bam was a true friend and a true love of Ville's and Ville was honoured that he coincided his bar opening with his birthday.

"Yeah, Happy Birthday man." Chad also extending, standing and embracing Ville. As he pulled away, Milly tilted her head and smiled the smile that she always gave him when they spoke of memories, or hopes for their future.

"Do I not get a hug from you, Matilda?" she looked down and smiled. She slid her chair back and walked round the table to Ville, placing a small, light kiss on his cheek.

"Happy Birthday old friend." she smiled, looking into his eyes. Something in her tone scared Ville, but he didn't know why. He watched her eyes look past him, and felt her hands fall from his arms.

"Darling, there you are."
♠ ♠ ♠
Click here for chapter visuals (Milly's outfit) - CLICK ME

I hope you love this chapter. Sorry it's been so long, I have so much to post now, so it's all worth it.

Leave your feedback about the story in the comments. I love reading it.

x