Status: Live

Holding Hands Won't Be Enough

Chapter 39: The Jonna Show

"-not now." Jonna added with smug attitude, rubbing her hand over her bulge. Milly lowered her head, he hair curtaining her face, and ran her tongue across her teeth, to anyone this would have looked perhaps like she was crying - she wasn't, she was trying to hold in a reaction that would definitely have consequences. Any other time and she would have said nothing; but alcohol is known as dutch courage. She chuckled and swept her hair back before looking up to Jonna who only looked enraged at her jovial reaction. "What? What is so funny?" she seethed.

"I didn't seek solace in Ville's bed, he came to my bed. Remember?" she stung, alluding to the fact that it was her hotel room Jonna stormed into, "What did you do to him to drive him into my bed?" she raised her hand in order to slap Milly, but Chad stepped in just in time.

"Oww, ouch.." he offered with an ill grin, grabbing her wrist.

"After tonight you'll never see Ville again, do you understand me?" she retaliated childishly, yanking her hand free from his grip.

"Difficult, given I'm the mother of his child, don't you think? Stop being so silly, this isn't the 'Jonna Show', people won't dance to your tune here, do you understand?" she questioned, "I get it. You stole Ville from underneath me, well done. Gold star. But it's over, it's done.. It's in the past. I've accepted the fact that he's engaged, and I've even accepted the fact that he's engaged to you. What I won't accept is that you want to keep parading this shit around as if it's going to make me break down and cry - well it's not. You are toxic Jonna, but I don't have time to worry myself with what you think or what you say to, or about me. I would have let it destroy me years ago, but I'm a mother now, to a fucking beautiful child and there's so much worse shit to worry about than my feelings. Hopefully when you pop that child of yours out, you'll come to the realisation that the world doesn't revolve around you."

"How da-" Jonna started, much to the annoyance of Milly who just wanted to enjoy her night out.

"Jonna, go away. This is Ville's birthday, you really want to ruin it by starting an argument with me that you can't win? Please? Just go away."

"There you guys fucking are!" Bams voice bellowed from behind them, he was approaching with Ville in tow who looked immediately worried that Jonna and Milly appeared to be mid-conflict. "What's going on?" Bam asked, sensing the same feeling in the air that Ville did.

"Just talking babies." Milly smiled, "I was just saying how my bump was much smaller at three months, you guys must be having a Scandinavian giant." Jonna didn't say a word, she meerly looked away, Ville laughed, but Milly couldn't place the tone of it so changed the subject. "Anyway, Chad and I were just on our way to the bar, so we'll leave you guys too it." Chad nodded with a succinct pout and grabbed the empty bottle, Milly offered her eye contact to all of them with a smile before walking away, feeling proud that she refrained from slapping Jonna - something that wouldn't have needed a second thought some years ago.

--------


"I'm going back to the hotel." Jonna announced, sipping on her water and placing the glass back down on the table abruptly. "I won't stay a second longer in the company of someone so vile." her eyes were fixated on Milly, laughing and dancing with Missy, Jussi and Jyrki.

"She's not vile, Jonna. You wind her up on purpose. It's very childish." Ville responded firmly. She scoffed and put on her jacket. "I'm surprised she didn't slap you, the way you carry on sometimes." he added, "What was with your grand entrance and unveiling of your stomach, huh? It's borderline sociopathic."

"Are you coming?" she demanded to know, ignoring all of what he just said, as she often did. Ville frowned, making sure she didn't notice him glancing back over at Milly.

"I can't leave, it's my party."

"Of course it is. Thrown by Milly, starring Milly.."

"Bam threw it." her face fell, bitterly.

"Are you arguing with me?"

"Well, yes… Because you have your facts wrong, as usual." she grit her teeth and smirked falsely.

"I didn't have my facts wrong about you fucking her the other night." he made eye contact with her, she was seething, he looked back down to his glass of coke and wished he was strong enough to fill it to the brim with Jack Daniels. "I don't care that she had your child; you won't be seeing her after tonight, I won't allow it, do you understand me?" he reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet, producing an assortment of dollar notes. He tossed them down on the table opposite her and stood to his feet.

"Get a cab back to the hotel, Jonna."

--------


Taking a breather from their awful dancing skills, Missy, Jussi, Jyrki and Milly decided to get some sharp, cold air and have a cigarette - they were heading outside so that Missy could indulge in a sneaky puff without Bam knowing anything about it. She reasoned that he would be too drunk to notice the smell, but not that drunk that he wouldn't notcing her doing it infront of him. Milly tailed behind them before waving them off saying she would catch up. The line to the bathrooms was long enough that she winced at the thought of holding it in that long, so instead she headed upstairs to Bam's office where she knew there would be no line at all. After she pee'd, she took a second to check her phone to see if everything was alright with Oscar, she giggled at the picture Phil had sent through of the kids all cuddled together in a bed, fast asleep. The room was quiet and calm, unlike the rest of the bar. She took a seat on the big couch to the side of the room and took a few deep breaths. She touched up the powder on her face and looked at the picture on her phone again with a fond chuckle. She opened the door and the noise hit her again, she closed the door behind her and took the few steps foward to look over the balcony and look down on the bar. It looked amazing, the energy was amazing, the people were amazing.. She missed this. Life. Parties. Friends. Not that she would trade her son for anything in the world - but she didn't need to. For so long Seth had convinced her that you couldn't have both, that if you were a mother, you were a mother and Jonna was obviously of the same opinion. But that wasn't the case, and she knew that now. She was lost in her thoughts when she was grabbed by her wrist and dragged away from sight.