Status: Live

Holding Hands Won't Be Enough

Chapter 43: Tampon

"We'll catch our deaths out here," she said quietly, letting go of his hand to rub her arms, "lets go back inside."

"We're supposed to go to New York today." he informed her, shoving his hands into his pockets with agitation.

"Does she need you to hold her handbag?" Milly wined, amusingly, before scoffing and shaking her head at herself in embarrassment, "Sorry.. I don't.. I can't help it. Sorry."

"You're very funny." Ville smirked nervously. She cleared her throat and tried again.

"Oh, New York? Why Ville? What on Earth do you have planned there? Do tell." she smiled, speaking like a Disney princess. Rather than answer the question, he gracefully swooped his face to hers and gently kissed her. Her eyes fell softly shut as if she was falling into a perfect sleep, the warmth of his face glowing against her, his hand ever so softly touching the small of her back, scooping her into his body. She felt her hand graze the back of his neck, settling at the top of his spine, just above his shirt collar - the other lightly placed on his bicep.

"Yo!" they could head Bam's voice calling from inside, obviously searching for them. Ville took from Milly's non-reaction that he knew what was going on between them. They parted lips but remained with their foreheads touching - they could have survived any winter with the heat and energy between them.

"It's the most amazing thing seeing that little heartbeat, that first glimpse of your child on a screen Ville." she spoke softly, the vapour from her breath danced between them before disappearing, "Go with her. Hold her hand."

"Why are you telling me to do it?" he asked, dumbfounded.

"Because every time I went, I went alone and it broke my heart that you weren't there holding my hand, gasping in awe with me. You don't deserve to miss it a second time."

"It doesn't feel right."

"Once you see it, it will."

"You can't know that."

"I promise you." she whispered into his ear, the hotness of her breath covering him in goosebumps.

"Yo! There you fucks are." they stepped apart, both inhaling sharply. "Ville, Jonna wants to get going to whatever-the-fuck clinic she been babbling on about, says she's going to miss some bell shit appointment because of you wondering off. Millhouse, I told everyone you went to buy tampons - first thing that came to mind but it'll keep Jonna of Ville's back about why you both disappeared from the place at the same time. Take these, and this, and go round through the front…" he said launching a box of tampons at and her coat at her, she caught them both but held the box of tampons up quizzically, "From Missy's bag, idiot." she had to hand it to him, he was good at this. "Go." he ordered. She pulled her coat on as she walked, glad for the warmth - she hadn't taken notice much before when her blood raced around her body because of her proximity to Ville. She pushed the door open, clutching the tampons in her hand.

"Honey you look like you've caught your death of cold out there." April cooed, "You're white as a ghost."

"I'm fine. Just not used to the weather anymore is all." she laughed, pulling her coat closer. She looked around the room, "Where are the kids?", she asked, not before making fleeting eye contact with a very annoyed looking Jonna.

"Playing in the office." her stomach lurched guiltily. "I don't know about you but I want to get on home." she smiled, picking up her bag, "Let's round 'em up."

Milly was surprised, it took no time at all to get them all into their coats and ready and waiting to go, April was the definition of 'Supernanny'. What surprised her even more was that Ville had waited downstairs, further adding to the annoyance of Jonna, in order to say goodbye. She walked down the stairs, Oscar balanced happily on her hip, taking controlled breaths; she could feel Jonna's eyes piercing holes in her skin, but walked over regardless. "You going to say goodbye darling?" she asked.

"Do I have to?" Ville laughed at his sweetness. He took the little boy's hand in his fingers and squeezed it playfully.

"No you certainly don't, kulta." Oscar sighed with confused frustration. Milly had explained to him moments before that they were going back home and that it might be a little while until they see Ville again because he was very busy. He didn't find this agreeable at all.

"Can you come home too so we can play." he smiled hopefully.

"Soon. And then we'll play as much as you want, I won't let Mummy tell you to go to bed at all." Ville bargained, Milly instinctively looked to Jonna, who pursed her lips bitterly at Ville's affectionate use of 'Mummy'. He nodded his head and reached out to Ville, who took him as if handling a child made of diamonds, pressing his nose into his sons cheek and smiling comfortingly. Milly didn't even care she could feel Jonna staring at her smile as she fondly watched her child with his father. "Look after Mummy, make sure she's good and picks up all her toys.." he said in a silly voice, Oscar giggled and pointed at Milly who grabbed his finger and wiggled it. "I'll see you really soon, okay?"

"Promise?"

"I promise." he replied seriously. Oscar took a moment to process this before deciding he believed it and hugged his father for the first time.

"I love you Daddy." a small gasp fell from Milly's lips, Ville's eyes locked with hers for a moment before falling to the ground to take it in. The lumps that formed in both Ville and Milly's throats were almost painfully large. Jonna marched away, thoroughly unimpressed, to wait outside.

"I love you too little man." Ville replied softly into his ear, holding his head close to his neck.