Status: Live

Holding Hands Won't Be Enough

Chapter 53: iPad

He looked down at her hand on his leg and panicked, he felt his heart beating in double time and stood up abruptly. “Ville?” he started to pat down his pockets, front and back. “What’s wrong?”

“My phone.. cigarettes.. zippo. I think I’ve dropped them, I need to look. Stay here.” he babbled, before bolting out of the apartment and down the corridor. He fumbled in his pocket and pulled out his phone, hoping that the number was the same as it always had been as he shoved his body weight against the fire escape stairs door.

————

“Milly is in Finland?” Mige coughed, setting his mug of coffee down next to his plate of food. “Explain.” he demanded, stabbing a mushroom with his fork. Gas pulled up a seat opposite him and Linde, graciously accepting coffee from the waitress as she tended to their table.

“I ran had to drop of a snare to Jussi this afternoon,” Gas started, “I ran right into Bam as I entered their studio.”

“Bam is here too?”

“Separately, he was already here, got in last night, is filming for the Eyes.” he dismissed, “Anyway, he picked them up from the airport this morning.”

“-them?” Mige asked, a mouth half full with food. Gas nodded.

“Ville, Milly and Oscar.” he stated seriously.

“Ville? That asshole hasn’t returned my calls since Jonna tore through Milly’s place looking for him.” Mige scoffed.

“Jonna got back yesterday morning.” Gas said ominously.

“What’s going on?” Linde questioned, thoroughly confused.

“Fucking brace yourself fellas.” he said taking a deep breath and placing an iPad down in front of them.


VILLE VALO RETURNS TO HELSINKI WITH SECRET LOVE CHILD, DAYS AFTER PREGNANT FIANCE RETURNS ALONE


Ville Valo (HIM) made a splash this morning arriving at Helsinki airport not only with former partner Milly Aaltoinen but with his secretly kept son, beautiful three year old, Oscar Hermanni Valo (pictured below).

This shocking revelation comes from an unnamed source whom provided us with documentation corroborating the rumour that Valo is indeed the father to this child. Upon being approached by our reporters, the pair refused to give comment, trying to obscure the young child from view. Valo and Aaltoinen exited the terminal visibly distressed, yet hand-in-hand (pictured below), with aid of friend and confident Bam Margera.

This is the first time LA based designer Aaltoinen has been photographed with Valo since their much hypothesised split almost four years ago.

The split came as a shock to fans of the band. Valo famously declared his love for Aaltoinen mid show ten years ago here in Helsinki and made no secret of the fact that she was his lyrical muse and raison d’être. Secrecy shrouded the break-up, with Valo retracting from the public eye for almost a year and no band member commenting on the departure of Aaltoinen. Two months after initial reports of the relationship breakdown, Jonna Nygren was reported as boasting about her relationship with Ville at a fashion event leading to forum wildfire as fans deduced Nygren to be the reason for the split.

Nygren, believed to be expecting a child with Valo, announced her engagement to the front man back in February, the pair have often been sighted arguing loudly in public. As documented since last year, their volatile relationship has even seen police interference, with local authorities being called to their home on more than one occasion.

No official comment has been made by representatives for Valo, Aaltoinen or Nygren.


“I saw this after, Bam told me everything, it’s all true. The kid is his. He is a father. Milly didn’t tell him. All this time she’s kept it a secret.” he said, shaking his head disbelievingly.

“What the fuck…” Linde said, feining shock. After Milly had confided in him he had told no one out of respect to her, though it had made it difficult for him wanting to spill the beans. He turned to Mige who was pushing a piece of fish around his plate and realised he’d not even glanced momentarily at the article.

“Are you going to say nothing? This is our best friend.. you didn’t even look at-“ he stopped speaking and set the tablet down, he leaned back in his seat. “You knew too?” his eyes snapped to Linde’s and he nodded guiltily. Gas’ mouth dropped.

“You guys knew?”

“You didn’t fucking see it the moment that kid came into the fucking room?! Are you fucking blind?” Mige spat. “God dammit. God dammit.” he cursed, bashing his fist on the table.

“What?” Gas asked.

“Those two. Ville and Milly… just god dammit.” he sighed, sinking into his chair. “I warned her to tell him before this happened.”

“No, that’s the thing. He knows, he found out in New York… Jonna made a fucking scene in the hotel, Milly slapped her, she found out from that Seth guy.”

“From Seth?” Linde questioned.

“Yeah, that’s a whole other crazy fucked up story. But, Milly broke it off with him and that’s how he came to tell Jonna. Then, a few days ago, Ville knocked him flat unconscious outside her house.”

“Fuck.”

“Yeah…”

“So, are they here as a couple?”

“Well no, Bam said Milly was angry that he had grabbed her hand and it took until Ville left them at the tower-“

“-they’re staying at the tower?” Linde interrupted.

“Yes..” Gas said irritably, wanting to finish a sentence without one of them questioning part of it before he’d finished, “It took until Ville left, for Milly to tell Bam what was going.. You see Ville had just called Bam and asked them to pick them up, no details, just that request. Bam turns up and thinks that they’ve reconciled, but Milly wasn’t talking to Ville - she was cagey and short. Then they were ambushed and once they got in the car she was mad that he held her hand, asking what Jonna would think.”

“Why would she-“

“Give a shit about Jonna?” Gas finished, “They’re not back here as a couple. Ville left Jonna in New York before her first scan, to fly to Milly… who turned him down when he got there.”

“What the fuck?” they said, jaws wide open, in unison.

“Milly told him she didn’t want him, that he had a responsibility to Jonna and their baby. She made him come back here.”

“That doesn’t seem like her?” Mige questioned.

“She’s punishing herself.” Linde frowned.

“Bam said they slept together twice, that as far as he could see they had rekindled their fire, but then next thing he knows, he’s sitting in a kitchen in Finland with Milly crying her eyes out asking for reassurance that she wasn’t insane in rejecting Ville.” Gas explained, “She doesn’t want Jonna having to go through what she did alone. She doesn’t want Ville to have any regret on his hands, at her family’s expense. But most importantly, he said, is that she doesn’t want Jonna’s pregnant heart breaking or to have that child knowing Ville chose her over it, on her conscience.“

“That fucking girl.” Mige growled, “She’s too good for Valo.” he spat in disgust, “He was always going to end up fucking her up. I said it from day one.”

“I don’t think any of that matters Mige, they’re our friends, we love them.” Linde reasoned, “We have to be supportive of her decision.”

“I said it, all those years ago, the minute I realised he loved her.” he was angry, he hated to see his friends in distress, even more so when there was nothing he could do to help.

“Why is she here too then?” Linde asked, calmly. Gas sat up straight, disbelieving, as to what he was about to respond.

“Ville refused to go unless she came with him.”

“Why?”

“Ville wanted to tell Kari and Anita before it got out.. Fat chance now.”

“I..” Linde shook his head, not knowing where to start with what to say, “I can’t believe he didn’t call and tell any of us.”

“To be fair, you didn’t tell him you knew about it.” Gas responded with a fatherly glance at the both of them.

“How could we of man?” he shrugged, “Where’s Ville now?”

“I don’t know. His phone isn’t on.”

“And Milly, she’s at the tower?” Gas nodded.

“Jussi said he was planning on heading over there to keep her company.”

“Of course he was.” Mige quipped, recalling that whenever shit went down between Ville and Milly, Jussi was always first on the scene for her as a shoulder to cry on. “I need to see her.” he stated seriously, “I know she’s not alright. I know it.” he said, patting his heart.

“It’s not our place.” Linde said, patting his friends arm calmly. “They’re obviously just trying to wrap their heads around it themselves, without interference from us, that’s why we haven’t been told.” Mige relented, he knew Linde was right, but it didn’t hurt any less that they were being left out of the loop. “They’ll come to us, when they’re ready. I know they will.”