Status: Live

Holding Hands Won't Be Enough

Chapter 62: Magnet

“Jukka? Wha.. Hi!” he embraced her in a swooping hug, she pulled back and looked at him, his body stood taller and more shapely, his lank long blonde hair now cropped and styled, his casual clothes exchanged for a tailored look, his teeth whitened, “How are you? My god, you look amazing.” he smiled bashfully and shook his head.

“No darling, you are the one who looks amazing. That whole rocker heroin-chic thing was fantastic, but you are just something else altogether now.” she was stumped for words, so just smiled.

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m the creative director of an agency Jonna models for. I think the bigger question is why you are here? When she told me Ville was her fiancé, well I could have shit.. Didn’t believe it for a second. What happened?”

“Oh, life..” she shrugged, not wanting to talk about it at all. “Tell me more about you!” she cooed, patting him on the chest, she couldn’t help but notice how shapely it felt and pulled her hand away. Jukka was a friend from high school, he always liked Milly and wasn’t afraid to let her know that, which rubbed Ville up entirely the wrong way, once their dislike of each other spiralling to the point of a fist fight outside Taavastia. They stood against the bar talking and laughing for almost a half hour before they were interrupted, but gladly so for Milly, by Oscar, whom she had yet to mention as they had been talking about the past.

“Mummy!” he beamed, clambering at her legs. She picked him up and nuzzled his face wither nose.

“Mummy?”

“I take it you don’t read tabloids..” she chuckled, “This is Oscar, mine and Ville’s son.” his eyes widened and shock covered his face.

“Wow.” he stated simply. “Wow, you guys have a kid.” he chuckled, “He’s cute. Hi..” he offered with a small wave to the boy. Oscar pulled his arm back and slapped Jukka’s hand in a very enthusiastic high-five.

“Rad.” Jukka chuckled.

“Someones been giving him soda, what a fun night he’ll have not sleeping, huh?” she laughed, tickling his side with the hand that was holding him up. She looked at Jukka who was admiring her with a large smile, “What?”

“Motherhood suits you down to the ground.” he smiled, “Beautiful.”

————

“Dude are you even listening?” Mige asked, moving his head to see exactly what was garnering all of Ville’s attention.

“Who is she talking to?” he asked aloud, staring at her and the man by the bar.

“That’s Jukka man, he’s scrubbed up since back in the day, ran into him outside.”

“Jukka as in ‘Milly stalker’ Jukka?” Mige laughed.

“He never stalked her, you just got it into your head that because he liked her, she would leave you. Then you done went fucked everything up. This is all the fault of your own doing.” Ville turned and stared bitterly at his best friend.

“Just say what you really think, huh Mikko?” Mige shrugged and gave him the ‘you know I’m right’ expression he was so versed in dishing out. Ville turned back to watch and stood rigid when he saw Oscar tearing towards them. He had never faced the reality of watching another man, whom was not part of his friend group, interact with Oscar since he found out he was his father. The jealousy that coursed through his veins as Oscar high fived Jukka was more than enough to make him move. “I’m going over there.” Mige grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

“To do what?”

“Huh?”

“To do what Ville? They’re just talking..”

“He’s flirting with her.”

“So?!”

“But my kid is right there.”

“If he was my kid, I’d be toting him around town like a handbag, he’s a babe-magnet.”

“Then I’m going over there to get my babe magnet.” he insisted, pulling his arm away from Mige.

————

“Ooh, incoming.” Jukka noted, turning his face down to look at his scotch glass. Milly turned her head to see Ville approaching, she knew exactly why by the look he was trying to conceal on his face.

“Jukka…” Ville nodded, standing in front of them both.

“Ville, good to see you.” Jukka smiled apprehensively.

“Yeah,” he said uncaringly, “Everything okay?” he directed at Milly, running his hand over Oscar’s head. She nodded and looked to Jukka, then back to Ville.

“Everything is fine.” she smiled, “Are you alright?”

“What?” he tore his attention from Oscar and looked at Milly, her red hair framing her face, accentuating her features. “I’m fine, just wanted some time with my boy before you leave.”

“Leave?”

“Well, he has a bed time.” Ville said, noting that it was nearing eight p.m. and usually he was set down by seven.

“I don’t think one night will hurt, he’s surrounded by family. Besides, between Jesse and your mother, the soda will keep him going until at least ten o’clock. Won’t it pickle?” Oscar laughed and nodded.

“Can we dance with Daddy?” he asked, burying his hand in her hair.

“Darling I think Da-“

“Of course you can.” Ville interjected. Milly’s gaze lingered on him angrily, she knew he was only doing this because he didn’t like Jukka.

“Ville, I don’t think it’s appropriate.” she said seriously, pointing her gaze at Jonna and her friends who had been staring at her all evening.

“We have a child and he wants to dance with his parents.” he retorted simply, “Come on.”

“I’m so sorry, Jukka.” she said apologetically. He shook his head and smiled, expecting nothing less than Ville coming between him being alone with her even now.

“I’ll watch your drink.” he smiled. She mouthed thank you to him as she was led away by Valo and son.

————

“What’s going on with you?“ she asked as they each held one of Oscar’s arms and swung him back and forth.

“Nothing.” he dismissed.

“You’re annoyed because I was talking to Jukka..?” he didn’t say anything in response. She laughed. “That’s rich.”

“What?”

“Ville, I’ve bumped into him at your engagement party.”

“But he’s such a creep.” she rolled her eyes and decided on ignoring him, rather than arguing. “So, has he asked for your number yet?” he asked morosely.

“Oh Ville, give it up.” she said with an air of annoyance, “No, he did not ask for my number. No, I did not give it to him. Not that it matters either way.”

“I just don’t see why, out of everyone here, you would spend so much time talking to him.” he shrugged.

“Because unlike everyone else here he doesn’t know every sordid little detail of my life.”

“Yeah right.” he muttered.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing..”

“Ville.”

“You don’t think that the only reason he came here is because he knew you would be here? This circus has been splashed over every news medium since we arrived, the slimy bastard has seen an opportunity, knowing you’d be vulnerable and taken it.” she stopped moving and took a deep breath before kneeling down and kissing Oscar on the head, whispering to him to behave for his father whilst she stepped out for a moment.

“Vulnerable Ville? Vulnerable…?” she repeated angrily, “Have a good long think at why I might be fucking vulnerable.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Your kind words are amazing. Thank you x