Status: Entirely active. :) Enjoy :D

Jane Doe

Her

He had been gone for months and when Alex finally came back, I was elated. All sadness was gone instantly and was replaced with fulfillment.

The days got colder and every Thursday, Alex came by the restaurant, checking up on me. He was worried about Cain and it made me feel wanted. It made me feel special and weak. I loved Alex. I loved the danger that went hand in hand with him. Alex kissed me every day, tenderly. He wouldn’t stay long, saying he had to go back to the shop for work. I smiled sadly and let him kiss me again.

I watched him walk away before I would walk back to a table. Lately, business was getting slower on Thursdays so Cain was usually our only customer. I walked to Cain’s table. He sat with his back against the chair back and his arms folded across his chest.

You know what you want?

An answer to my question. Does he call you beautiful? Cain watched me those strange eyes. They were deep but full of emptiness. They asked so many questions, questions that I didn’t have the answers to.

I shrug. I still don’t see how it’s any of your business.

It’s not. But by your lack of an answer, I’d assume that he doesn’t call you beautiful when he definitely should.

I sighed. If you don’t order your food soon, then I won’t wait on you anymore.

It’s just a question and a comment. If you answer, I’ll order.

He does, okay? What does it even matter? I asked, feeling defensive of Alex.

Cain nodded once. See? Was that so hard, Lea?

Yes, actually. I really dislike that you’re questioning my boyfriend. He’s my boyfriend and not yours. If I want to date him I will. I don’t have to explain myself to you or anyone else, okay? I’d appreciate if you don’t come back here and question my life choices. I hissed.

Cain smiled gently. I’ll have a caesar salad.

Yeah, whatever. I rolled my eyes and walked away, slamming my little white notepad on the counter as I passed by. I pulled out my phone and called Alex. Hey. Can we hang out for a bit?
♠ ♠ ♠
Couldn't resist posting this chapter 'cuz I like it :) Sorry, Kay ^_^