Status: Finished

Gotta Be You

Boat

Lilly’s POV

“What are we doing here?” Hope asked again for the third time.

“We’ll tell you in a second.” Louis said loudly trying to get everyone to be quiet.

When everyone stopped talking Lilly and Louis both began talking loudly and at the same time.

“One at a time please,” Liam asked.

They started talking at the same time again and then stopped and smiled at each other.

“I got a sailboat!” Louis exclaimed.

“Really?” McKenna asked smiling.

“How did you pay for it?” Liam wondered.

“Paul did, he said it might be a good idea, and now that we all got girlfriends…” I saw Hope frown, “Anyway, the sailboat is in a small town in France Called Casis, about a two day drive from here.” Louis said, becoming more and more excited.

Everyone groaned, “Oh c’mon,” I tried to cheer them up, “Two days isn’t that long, and just imagine, the ten of us, on a sailboat...”

“Sounds crowded,” Hope complained, breaking the mood. What is her problem?

“Oh no! I think it sounds like fun.” McKenna chimed in. “It’ll be really cool.”

“A two day drive doesn’t.” Zayn protested.

“Anyways, Pauly got the boat already so we are going.” Louis said.

“I like to see you make me go.” Hope said again. Harry shot her a look.

“Don’t worry. I’ll make her go.” I told him. “No way is she going to sit around here by herself.”

She glared at me and I casually looked away.

“I think it sounds fun.” Carly announced and McKenna nodded eagerly.

“I guess we could go.” Zayn added.

“Sounds great man.” Liam smiled.

“I can’t wait.” Natalie said with a small smile, Niall nodded.

“Let’s do it.” Harry finished.

“Ugh, no.” Hope complained leaving us in the kitchen and going upstairs into her room.

“Let me go talk to her.” I said to the group. McKenna, Natalie and Carly both followed me as we left all of the guys in the kitchen.

“C’mon Hope, It’ll be fun.” I tried to reason, “And you can’t stay here, this is our senior trip.”

She flopped down on her bed and buried her face into her pillow, “But I don’t want to!”

“Why not?” McKenna complained.

“Please Hope, it’s going to be great.”

She sat up abruptly, “Do you really want to know why I don’t want to go?”

“Yes!” Carly exclaimed, we all looked at her, “I’m sorry but I really want to go.”

“Because I don’t know how I feel about Harry.” She admitted.

“What?” I blurted out.

“I mean he’s nice, but he’s a player; we went exploring downtown today and I swear he checked out every girl who walked past us.” She tried to explain.

“You’re just imagining it.” McKenna protested.

“C’mon Hope.” I tried to tempt her, “A sail boat in the Mediterranean, I know you’ve always wanted to go to France. I called, your Dad, and Sarah and they both said that we could go.”

She bit her lip, “And if it matters that much, I’ll make sure to include you so that you don’t get stuck with Harry.” I added.

She nodded, “Okay, I’ll go.”