Status: Finished

Gotta Be You

Take A Risk

Hope's POV

“Liam! Harry!” McKenna called as she walked through the shallow tide, “You guys coming?”

I looked up from my book and realized that Liam and Harry still haven’t moved. I checked my phone, “You guys. You’ve just sat there for half an hour. Go swimming!”

“Are you sure?” Liam asked cautiously.

“You won’t be lonely?” Harry added.

I help up my book and smiled, “I’ll be fine.”

They both stood up and stretched. I laughed at how stiff they were and they both glared at me before running into the water joining Lilly, Louis, McKenna, and Niall. Zayn and Carly went to take a walk on the beach.

I took off my sunglasses, my eyes blinded. I slid them back on and pulled my book closer to my face. I tried to continue reading and stay focus but to be honest; I hardly remember anything that happened during the last four chapters that I’ve read. But I continued ‘reading’ until drops of water plopped down on my page.

I looked up to see Louis smiling down at me, “I’m not getting in.” I stated.

“That’s fine.” He shrugged and sat down beside me.

“Um, alright,” I paused, thinking of what to say next. We sat there quietly for a few minutes which was weird coming from Louis who is the loudest person I have ever met.

“Why don’t you want to be alone?” He asked again.

I tried to laugh, “You won’t give up will you?” He smiled and shrugged goofily. “It’s a secret, so you can’t tell anyone.” His smile faded and he nodded seriously. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. Finally I realized, “I don’t know.”

He frowned, “What do you mean you don’t know?”

“I don’t know. I don’t take risks, I don’t date guys. I don’t do anything like that. Now having a guy that I really like possibly liking me back is just…” I sighed, “It’s just crazy.”

“We should change that.” He decided, a crazy grin forming on his face.

“What?” I asked cautiously.

“You guys!” Louis called to everyone in the water, ignoring me. They slowly began to come out, drenched in saltwater. I liked the beach but I hated the water.

“What’s up?” Liam asked, walking over to me.

“We’re going cliff diving!” Louis announced.

“WHAT!?” I screamed.

“Yeah, it’ll be fun.” He shrugged.

“I… um… hm,” A billion thoughts ran through my mind; I was scared, excited, curious, worried, but I wanted to do it. “Okay.” I decided.

“No way I’m doing it.” Harry announced.

“Babe will you go?” Louis asked Lilly. She shrugged and smiled but I know Lilly and I know that this isn’t her thing. She’s terrified.

“I want to too!” Liam announced.

I jumped up excitedly, “Let’s do this!”

“Harry, Niall and I are going to stay here and wait for Carly and Zayn,” McKenna announced.

Lilly nodded, “Alright, we’ll meet you back on the boat at four, so we can get ready and go for dinner.”

“Race you to the car!” I giggled surprised at my newfound energy.

“Go!” Liam yelled even though we were both already running.

“WOOO!” I laughed, reaching the car first. He was quick behind me and shook his head breathlessly.

“Cheater.” He muttered.

“Excuse me?” I teased, “I won fair and square!”

We both laughed until Louis and Lilly reached the car. Lilly climbed into the back with me while Louis drove and Liam sat passenger side.

“Seems like you got what you wanted,” She said slyly with a smile. Alone time with Liam.

“Shh,” I whispered before we both broke out into a fit of giggles.

“What are you ladies laughing at back there?” Louis questioned looking at us through the rearview mirror.

“How long until we’re there?” I asked, shaking with adrenalin.

“Well, considering we just left the beach parking lot…” Liam joked.

“Its not that far, don’t worry.” Louis finished as we took a turn uphill where to our right is the lovely blue ocean and to our left is the side of a cliff. Soon enough we were at the top. We parked and got out walking towards the edge.

I looked at how far down it was and I gulped. Liam pushed me and pulled me back. “LIAM!” I screamed, “Don’t you EVER do that again!”

He laughed as we set our towels down. Lilly, Louis and Liam were already in their swimsuits but I still had to take off my tank top and shorts to reveal my blue bikini.

I tried not to draw attention to myself as I took my shirt off in the slowest way possible. They were all staring at me as I struggled. Finally, I decided to just start over and take it off normally. I unbuttoned my shorts and slid them off as well as we walked back over to the edge.

Lilly was shaking and she looked at me wide eyed. I think Louis noticed because he came up behind her, and wrapped his arms around her, “You okay babe?”

She nodded, “Yeah I think so.”

“Alright” I said excitedly, clapping my hands together.

Louis laughed and let go of Lilly, walking over and taking my hand. “On the count of three!” Louis announced, “One, Two-”

“WAIT!” Lilly called out walking over to Louis and kissing him passionately, “In case you die.” She joked.

I walked over to Liam. “Ridiculous right?” I tried to lighten the mood. He laughed a little and then spontaneously grabbed me and kissed me. My arms found their way around his neck and he rested his hand on my hips. I pulled away, breathing hard as I rested my forehead against his. “In case I die?” I guessed.

He laughed, “Yup.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are getting interesting. Please don't forget to comment and subscribe if you like it :)