Status: Finished

Gotta Be You

Chickened Out

Lilly’s POV

I chickened out, I had too, there was absolutely no way I was jumping off a cliff. Louis had tried everything to convince me but it was not happening. “Hey, someone has to drive the car back down the bottom. I’ll just meet you guys down there.” I said and headed towards the car.

“Are you sure, Lil?” Liam asked and I nodded. I picked my clothes up off the rock and got in the car. I sighed and started the car. As I backed out Louis waved to me, I gave a weak smile and headed down the road.

I hadn’t wanted to jump in the first place, and I knew that. I was hoping that I would prove myself wrong. I had never been afraid of heights until a few months ago; it was all Austin’s fault. We had been having a picnic on top of a mountain near our house, the view was amazing, you could see for miles in every direction. After we had finished we tried to leave but there were police surrounding the bottom of the mountain. There had been a bank robber up there with us, and they couldn’t find him. And for some odd reason, that traumatic experience made me believe that bad things happen up high. I knew that it was stupid but I couldn’t shake the thought out of my head.

When I got to the bottom of the cliff I got out of the car and sat on the hood so I could watch. I crossed my fingers, my toes, and my legs and prayed that no one would get hurt. First Louis jumped then Liam and then Hope. Each time they popped up out of the water they had massive grins on their faces.

“Wow, that was really something, babe. You should’ve done it!” Louis said grabbing a towel.

“That was the most exhilarating thing I have ever done.” Hope said.

“I told you that it would be a risk, and a thrill.” Louis said to her.

“I’m glad you made me do it.”

“Hey guys, I’ve got a text from Harry, he wants to meet us back at the boat for dinner.” Liam called from the truck. “We should probably get going.”

“You can drive Liam.” Lou said getting in the back of the car. “I want to sit back here with my girl.” I climbed in after him and laid down across the seats with my head in his lap. Hope and Liam got in the front and we were all quiet as we rode back to the boat.

“Hi everyone, how was your trip to the beach?” Captain Daniel asked as we got back to the boat.

“It was good, a lot of fun.” I said. “But I’m starved.”

“Well your friends have dinner all ready for you.” He said. I headed up towards the kitchen and sat down at the table, not even bothering to change out of my bathing suit.

“Hey Lilly.” Niall said sitting next to me.

“Hi Niall.” I said awkwardly. We sat there silent until the others came to join us. Harry brought out the food and I started to fill my plate.

“Slow down Lilly! I didn’t make that much.” He joked.

“Shut up Harry.” I said with my mouth full of pasta. “I’m trying to eat.”

“Geez!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I really sorry that this is so short. It's like terribly short but I'm tired!