Status: Finished

Gotta Be You

Arguments

Lilly’s POV

“How about we just walk on the beach?” McKenna suggests. “”Cause we don’t even know where Zayn and Carly are.”

“Aw, NO!” Niall whined. “If we walk on the beach then you guys are going to be all cutesy and stuff and I’m just going to tag along like a loner!”

“Come on Niall!” Liam said.

“Yeah, mate, it won’t be that bad. You can hold my hand, I promise.” Louis said.

Niall gave in and we headed back towards the beach we had been on this morning. By the time we got to the beach Liam and McKenna were already pretty far ahead of Niall, Louis and I, strolling hand in hand. I kicked off my shoes and let my feet sink into the sand.

“I’m just going to leave my shoes here.” I said. “It’s pretty late, I don’t think anyone will take them.”

Louis snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. After walking a few minutes in silence he started to hum a slow song. It took me a few seconds to realize what it was, Look After You by the Fray.

“Louis, stop.” I put my hand out in front of him and he stopped walking. He and Niall looked at me puzzled.

“What?” He asked.

“That song.” I said with the tears starting to form in the corner of my eyes. I covered my face with my hand as an attempt to stop the tears, but they came anyway. As the first tear dropped off my chin and onto the sand Louis pulled me close to him and I buried my face in his chest.

It was Austin, again. I couldn’t get him out of my head. Look After You had been our song. And him, being the jerk he was, sent me a musical card that played Look After You to tell me he wanted to break up with me and ‘see other people’. Who does that?

“Babe? What is it? It’s just a song.” Louis said.

“It’s a sad song.” Niall said. “Maybe that’s why she is upset.”

I took a deep breath and tried to compose myself. I hadn’t told Louis about Austin yet, and now was not a great time to tell him. “It’s nothing, just d-don’t worry a-about it.” I stuttered.

Louis wiped the tears off my cheeks with his thumb. “Are you sure?” I nodded.

“Lilly!” McKenna called running up to us. She was quickly followed by Liam and to our surprise; Carly and Zayn.

“Look who we found.” Liam announced.

They all laughed and I tried to smile. I suddenly felt extremely tired, “You guys? I’m sorry but could we just go back to the boat? I’m really tired.”

“Of course hon.” Louis said, wrapping his arms around me.

We walked back to the car silently. I sat in the back, resting my head on Louis’ shoulder. I dozed in and out of light sleep until we made it back to the boat. I moped silently back to our room, changed into some pajamas and flopped into bed.

“When did this happen?” Louis asked loudly motioning to Hope who was asleep in Harry’s arms.

“Louis,” I complained, getting a headache.

“Sorry love.” He whispered crawling into bed next to me and kissing my forehead. “I’m just worried.”

“About what?” I asked, suddenly not feeling as tired.

“Well, just this afternoon Hope kissed Liam and now she’s sleeping in Harry’s arms?”

My jaw dropped. Hope is many things but a player is not one of them. “What are you trying to say?” I started to get defensive.

“I’m just saying, for a girl who’s never had a boyfriend, she’s moving pretty fast.”

I sat up, aggravated, “Louis, has it ever occurred to you that Harry isn’t the most loyal guy either?”

“What do you mean?” He asked, remaining calm.

I took a deep breath and tried to follow his example, “I mean,” I whispered, “That Harry isn’t as perfect as you think he is.”

“Can’t we talk about this later?” Louis groaned into his pillow.

“No I want to talk about it now.” I snapped, “Do you really think that Harry is that perfect?”

“What do you have against Harry?” He asked curiously.

“Nothing,” I huffed, “Nothing until he breaks my best friend’s heart!”

“He wouldn’t do that,” Louis started.

“Oh yes he would. Hope has never had a boyfriend and if this goes wrong, she might never have another.”

“So you’re saying you’d rather have her date Liam?” He asked.

“Yes, I would and if you don’t agree then you’re sleeping alone tonight.” I got up and walked out of the room, not really knowing where I was going.

I stopped on the deck and leaned on the railing, looking at the night sky. I heard the door close, “Lilly,” Louis whispered, “Babe please don’t let this get in between us.”

“It’s not just that though,” I mumbled.

“What?” He asked.

I thought for a second, should I tell him about Austin? Should I explain what’s going on? I decided against it and shook my head, “You’re right, this shouldn’t get in between us. I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright.” He answered, kissing me softly then taking my hand as we walked back to bed. As I laid my head on the pillow, I fell asleep easily but my dreams were hard to handle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. :)