Status: Finished

Gotta Be You

I Don't Know

Hope's POV

“Look at that!” I said, running up to a small fountain in the middle of the flea market. Liam and Harry followed.

“It’s pretty.” Harry commented.

“Very,” Liam agreed.

“I wish everyone else could see it.” I added.

At the beginning of the day we all split up. Lilly and Louis went in the other direction with Niall and McKenna.

We stood there for a while waiting for Carly and Zayn. They were walking hand in hand, big smiles on the faces. I burned with envy, why can’t my relationships be this easy?

“Zayn do you have any coins we could throw in the fountain?” I asked.

“Yes here,” He says digging in his pocket and taking out a few coins. He dumped them into my hand and I gave one to Harry and one to Liam.

“On the count of three,” I told them, “Make you sure have a wish! One, two three!”

I wished I could have a real boyfriend, without the drama.

I tossed the coin in the fountain and watched Liam and Harry do the same.

“What did you wish for?” Harry asked.

“You can’t say it!” Liam interjected.

“Or else it won’t come true.” I added. “Well, let’s keep walking!” I decided as I started skipping through the crowd.

“Zayn, Carly? Are you guys coming?” I turned back to ask them.

“Nah I think we’ll go on our own, okay?” She asked.

“Um,” I hesitated, alone with two guys who both like me, “Sure.”

“So where to?” Liam asked taking my hand. Harry frowned but hid it quickly.

I felt bad. I sighed, we could still be friends; I mean he’s still funny and really nice. Honestly Harry is not bad at all, but he deserves so much better than me. I smiled at Harry, taking his hand as well.

I completely ignored Liam’s question as I continued to think about Harry.

“Actually, can we find a restroom?” Liam asked.

“Sure.” I laughed.

We found one quickly and he almost ran into the boy’s bathroom.

“So,” Harry started, as we sat down on a bench in front of the bathroom.

“So what?” I asked as he started to play with my hand.

He stretched and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I laughed.

“What?” He asked innocently.

“Are you putting the moves on me?” I teased.

“What if I am?” He asked seriously.

“Um,” I stuttered, his lips slowly getting closer to mine.

“Harry!” I half yelled, standing up.

“What?” He sighed.

“I just can’t, I’m sorry.”

“You do this every time.” I faintly heard him mumble.

I opened my mouth about to explain when Liam came out of the bathroom.

“Hi!” He smiled. He glanced at Harry who was sulking on the bench. I faked a smile and tried to ignore Harry. “What happened?” He asked.

“Nothing! Right Harry?” I demanded.

He looked up; I thought my heart was going to break. His face showed pure misery and I knew it was because of me. He hid it with a pitiful smile and agreed, “Yeah it was nothing.”

I winced at the emotion behind his words and wiped the small tear that slid down my cheek.

Liam began to pat his shorts’ pockets; “I think I left my phone in there.” He announced, “I’ll be right back.”

As soon as he left Harry and I resumed our discussion.

“Why?” He pleaded.

“Because I heard that you’ve slept with numerous girls and that you’re just a player.” I confessed.

He frowned, “Where did you hear that?”

I opened my mouth but nothing came out as I realized that my only reason is because of something in a stupid article on the computer. Well, and then there’s Liam.

“I didn’t.” He answered honestly.

“I believe you.” I answered, embarrassed.

“Is that it?” He asked.

“Yes,” I lied.

He got up off the bench, and walked over to me, a crooked smile on his face.

He ran his hands up and down my bare arms. Then he quickly kissed me before I could say anything. My jaw dropped, and he smiled, “Could we try this again?”

I sighed, confused, “I don’t know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, please understand that I have taken all comments to heart. I have a plan now so please stick with me. Continue commenting too! I love to know what you think!