Status: Finished

Gotta Be You

Market

Lilly’s POV

“I can’t get over how big this market is. It’s like a maze.” I said looking around. “And for such a small island, there are a ton of people here.”

McKenna nodded, “Some of this stuff is too cute!” She held up a necklace for me to see. “Look, turtles, I bet Liam would love this…” She trailed off.

I gave her a comforting hug. “It’ll be alright Kenz.”

“Don’t call me that.” She said referring to the old nickname I used to call her when we were young. “I always hated that.”

I made a face at her and continued to look at the other necklaces this vendor had. I felt a furry object wrap around my ankle and I jumped back from the table. “Sorry Miss.” The man apologized. He bent down under the table and picked up a cat. “He likes strangers. Don’t you Mr. Whiskers.” He cooed to the cat.

“Th-that’s ok.” I said slightly creeped out. “McKenna, c’mon.”

“Where are Niall and Louis?” She asked.

“Um,” I quickly glanced around. “I’m not sure, but can I ask you a favor?”

“Sure anything.”

“Can you keep Niall occupied? Kind of, away from me.”

“Yeah I guess, but why?” I couldn’t tell her what Niall told me. I already told Louis, which was probably a mistake.

“Don’t worry about it, just do it.” Just then someone ripped my purse off my shoulder and took off running with it. “Oh my god!”

Then I heard a familiar laugh, Niall, I looked at McKenna and she looked at me. “Niall!” She yelled. We took off running after him and Louis shouting our apologies at the people we ran into along the crowded market.

“Slow down Niall!” I shouted. “Louis!”

“Hold up, mate. Let them catch up.” Louis said. He and Niall stopped under a large tree and flopped down on the ground.

“Well, well, well, look who showed up!” Niall said.

“Geez you guys run fast.” McKenna said sitting down with them.

“Well, let’s see what’s in this lovely purse.” Niall said mischievously. I lunged for it but Louis held me back.

“Nooo!” I wailed.

“What are you hiding!?” Louis shouted, laughing at me.

“Here you go, babe.” Niall said handing me back my bag. “Let’s try and find the others, it’s getting kind of late.” He stood up.

Niall offered me his hand; I took it and pulled myself up. I expected him to let go but he held a firm grip on my hand as we walked back towards the market.

“I just texted Liam.” He said. “They are over by the food.”

“Yum, food.” Niall said.

“Have you not eaten enough already today?” McKenna exclaimed.

“You can never have enough food.”

Harry, Liam, Hope, Zayn and Carly were all walking towards us carrying a ton of food. “We brought food!” Harry sing-songed.

“I think we should head back to the boat to eat, it has been a long day and I’m tired guys.” Carly said.

“Good idea.” Louis said.

I glanced over at Hope and she was staring back at me. She dropped her gaze toward my hand, which was still firmly grasped in Niall’s. I gave a small shrug and she nodded, understanding.

“My feet hurt, from all that running you losers made me do!” I complained.

“Why were you guys running?” Liam asked.

“Long story.” I said. Louis squatted down in front of me. “Uh, Lou, what are you doing?”

“You said your feet hurt so hop on!” He said.

“What?”

“On my back!” He insisted. He carried me all the way back to the car. The ride from the market to the boat was silent, everyone too exhausted to speak. But when we got back Captain Daniel was as enthusiastic as ever.

“How was your trip, kids? Did you like the island? I hope you did everything you wanted to because we are leaving tomorrow!” He said as we all climbed aboard.

“It was good.” Everyone mumbled. As everyone headed toward the back of the boat were we normally ate Louis held me back.

“I have a surprise for you.” He said. We walked towards the very front of the boat where a picnic was set out on a blanket. “I had Captain do it for us, while we were gone.”

“Aw, Louis it’s so cute! I love it, thanks babe.” I turned and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

“Well, I’m starved, let’s eat.” He said sitting down.

I laid down beside him and he fed me food for about an hour. We were talking and eating when Captain Daniel came out to inform us that everyone else had gone in to bed. “Have fun, you crazy kids.” He said, bidding us goodnight.

“You know what I’ve always wanted to do?” Louis said.

“What’s that?” I said looking up at him.

“That moment, in the Titanic, when Jack holds Rose against the rails. Do you which part I am talking about?”

“Yeah.” I said standing up. “What are you waiting for? Let’s do it.” I stood at the very bow of the ship and Louis wrapped his hands around me, resting his head on my shoulder. I spread my arms out wide and let my hair flow behind me.

“You know what would make this even better?” He said.

“What?”

“If the boat was actually moving.” He said and I laughed.

“Yeah, we will just have to do it tomorrow night then.” He pressed a quick kiss to my lips and pulled me back towards the chairs. He sat down in one and pulled me on top of him. “You know how you told me about Niall?”

“What did you do?” I asked.

“Nothing, nothing!” He said. “It made me realize how much I really like you, and that I don’t want you to date anybody else.”

“Aw Louis that’s sweet but where are you going with this?”

“Lilly, will you be my girlfriend, officially?”

I turned to face him and the biggest smile spread across my face. “Absolutely!” I kissed him and wrapped my arms around his neck. “Thank you for making me the happiest girl in the world!”

“I’m glad.” He said. “Come on, let’s go on to bed.”

We crept back into the cabin, trying not to wake anybody. We changed into our pajamas and got under the covers. “Night Lilly.” Louis whispered

“Night Lou.” I whispered back. I turned to face Harry and Hope’s bed and saw that it was half empty. And the curly mess of hair sticking out of the covers was definitely Harry’s. I waited until Louis was snoring before getting out of bed and going to the deck.

“Hope?!” I whisper-yelled. It was dark and I couldn’t see well.

“Oh, Lilly, hi.” She said. “I’m over here.”