Status: Finished

Gotta Be You

Nighttime Talk

Hope's POV

“Whatcha doing out here?” Lilly asked as I watched her plop down in the chair beside mine.

“Thinking,” I sighed.

“About what?” She asked.

“Stuff.”

She sighed impatiently, “What kind of stuff?”

I hesitated, not knowing what to say, “Do you think Harry likes me?”

She looked startled at the question but began to nod almost immediately, “He’s head over heels for you.”

“Do you think Liam likes me?” I asked, sitting up.

She frowned, “Yes?”

I slouched back down in my chair, “That’s what I’m thinking about.”

She scrunched her eyebrows as she tried to understand.

“You see,” I sat up again, “I like Liam, and I guess he likes me. And then Harry likes me and I think that I might like Harry.”

“Hope,” She groaned, “You can’t keep doing this to them. They’re human beings, and you’ll hurt them.”

“I know,” I sighed, “But I don’t know what to do. I don’t know who to chose because no matter what I do, I hurt someone. And I’ve never had a boyfriend,” I started ranting, “I don’t know how to do this. Now I have two guys who I like, like me too and I just don’t know what to do.” I said all this very fast and Lilly eyes widened as she became a bit overwhelmed.

“You can start by calming down.” She joked.

I grinned sheepishly, “Sorry.”

“Do you want to know what I think?” She asked. I just nodded. “I think that usually Harry is a player who just wants what he can’t have.” I frowned, “But,”

“But?” I asked with anticipation.

“I think that he really does have feelings for you, and I think that you should give him a chance.” She smiled.

“But what about Liam?”

“Liam’s a great guy.” Lilly sighed, “But I don’t think he’s your match and McKenna really likes him.”

“What do you mean he’s not my match?” I asked, ignoring her comment about McKenna.

“Well I firmly believe that opposites attract.” She grins.

“And me and Harry are definitely opposites.” I agreed.

“So will you give him a chance?” She asked.

I sighed, “I guess, but what should I do about Liam?”

“Gosh what am I a therapist?” She teased, “I think if you really like him that much, then just be friends. I think that his feelings would soon be mutual, but Harry, gosh Hope, Harry really likes you, I don’t think he could ever just be your friend.”

I sighed, “Okay, I can do this.”

“You go girl,” She laughed.

We both began to giggle but stopped when we realized how loud we were.

“So,” I started.

“So what?” She asked.

“So what happened with you and Niall?”

“We’re just friends,” She sighed, “I guess like you and Liam will be.”

I laughed, “Yeah, if Harry can deal with it.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, today Liam held my hand and then Harry frowned so I took his hand too, and then Liam went to the bathroom,” I continued filling her in on the story and finished, “And then he asked if ‘we could try this again,’ I mean I don’t even know what that means.”

“What did you say?”

I sighed, “I told him that I don’t know.”

“But you do know now, right?” She questioned.

“Yeah,” I smiled, “I know now.”

She laughed, “Oh, guess what?”

“What?”

“Louis asked me to be his girlfriend.”

“Oh congrats,” I laughed.

“Thank you, I know.” She joked, she stood up and stretched, “C’mon, it’s time to go back to bed.”

“Okay,” I answered getting up and following her back to our room.

She slid into her bed next to Louis who subconsciously wrapped his arm around her.

“Night,” I whispered.

She mouthed ‘I love you’ as I climbed into bed beside Harry who was sleeping peacefully. I smiled at his angel-like face.

I imagined him asking me if we could try this again.

“Yes,” I whispered in response, snuggling close to him, “We can try this again.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short but important!!