Status: Finished

Gotta Be You

Movie Date

Lilly’s POV

I set Louis’ plate of eggs down in front of him on the table. “Thanks babe. Breakfast looks great.” He said with a smile.

“You’re welcome.” I said and kissed the top of his head. I went to grab my own plate before sitting down next to him. My mind wandered back to last night…

Last night had been nothing but awkward. After Hope and Harry’s ‘fight’ the night only got worse. I felt really bad for Harry because I knew he really like Hope, but he would have no trouble getting McKenna to fall for him. Hope on the other hand had finally chosen Liam, I hope she is no longer indecisive for his sake. After dinner last night, Louis and I had gone into our room to avoid any more awkward situations only to create more. We had been kissing, like really kissing and Niall came in to ask us to play cards with everyone else. The look on his face made my heart shatter, I can only imagine what it is like for him to watch his best friend date me while he is lonely…

“Hello? Anyone in there?” Harry asked, waving his hand in front of my face.

“What, sorry, I was distracted.” I said.

“Obviously. I asked you if you wanted some more orange juice, so would you?”

“Oh uh, yeah, thanks.” I said holding my glass out for him to fill.

“You were like seriously checked out there, Lilly, are you okay?” Zayn said.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about it.”

“What should we do today?” Carly asked the group. Captain Daniel strolled in whistling the theme of Steam Boat Willy, which I find hilarious since he was the captain of a boat.

“Good morning everyone!” He cheered. “I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like it going to storm today, everyone is going to have to stay inside and I’m afraid the seas may be a little rough.”

“Oh geez.” Liam said with his hand holding his stomach. Hope rubbed his back soothingly.

“Sorry mate, I know you get a little seasick.” Zayn said.

“Yeah no kidding.” Liam joked.

“How about we have a movie day?” McKenna proposed.

“Yeah, great idea Kenz.” I said.

After cleaning up the breakfast things, we all crowded into Louis and I’s room since we had the biggest couch and almost everyone could fit around the TV. “What shall we watch?” I asked.

Just as Liam opened his mouth Harry cut him off, “Not Toy Story!”

“You suck, Styles!” Liam yelled, throwing a pillow at him.

“Something scary!” Zayn said.

“Oh god, Lilly doesn’t do well with scary movies.” Hope said.

“It’s not my fault that those idiot characters are stupid. They’re all like, ‘Oh there’s a serial killer in the house? Let’s go find him!’” I mocked.

“That’s ok, Lilly, I’ll protect you!” Zayn called, opening his arms to me. I laid down with my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms protectively around me.

“Hey! I think I should get to protect my own girlfriend.” Louis protested and I saw Niall sink lower in his seat at the word girlfriend.

“I will need a lot of protection.” I said.

“That’s what she said.” Harry said with a smirk.

“Shut up!” I yelled as everyone else laughed. I could almost feel some of the tension leave the room. I settled down in the couch between Zayn and Louis. “Just put on the dang movie.” Harry pressed the remote and the opening credit began to roll across the screen.

Just as I suspected the stupid characters were following the murderer around their house. There was a loud bang from the movie and I jumped. “You okay babe?” Louis asked slipping his arm around my shoulders. I leaned into his side and nodded. “It’s just a movie.”

I started to feel less stupid as everyone else started to scream at the scary parts as well. At the end of the movie, we were all sitting there wide-eyed. Harry turned the screen off as soon as the credits started rolling. “Well that was awful!” He cried.

“I don’t think I am ever going to sleep again.” I said. “Thank you for making me watch that.” I hit Zayn over the head with a pillow.

“Hey! Watch the hair!”

“Why, it’s not like anyone important is going to see it!” I countered.

“My lovely girlfriend is!” He said with a smirk before planting a light kiss on Carly’s cheek.

“Get a room!” Louis called and Carly blushed.

“Yeah I can barely handle all the cuteness.” Harry said.