Status: Finished

Gotta Be You

The Game Of Life

Hope's POV

I woke up with a jolt as lightening boomed outside. I sat up and glanced at the clock, it was 3:00 pm but the storm made it seem like night. I looked around, Louis, Lilly, Zayn, and Carly were sleeping on the floor and Niall, Harry, and McKenna were piled on the couch. Someone was missing. The sound of someone throwing up in the bathroom answered my question.

I stood up as the door opened and Liam came out.

“Hope?” He whispered sickly.

“Yeah?” I answered.

“I don’t feel very good.”

I walked up to him and felt his forehead, “You have a fever,” I told him. “Go lie down on the bed, I think I have some medicine in my bag.”

I turned to get it when he called my name, “No Hope, can you come here? I need to talk to you.”

I slowly walked over to where he laid and sat down on the edge of the bed.

He took a deep breath before continuing, “Hope we can’t be together.”

“What?” I asked a lump already growing in my throat, “Why?”

He sat up, lightening flashed revealing the concern on his face, “Harry needs me right now. You hurt him a lot.”

“It would hurt more if I stayed with him. I don’t want to date him, I want to be with you.” I answered.

“Hope but you didn’t give him a chance.”

“Not you too.” I complained.

“It’s the truth. If you just gave him a chance I bet you would really like him.”

“That’s why?” I asked, “Because you want me with him? I thought you liked me.”

“Hope that’s not what I meant.” He argued, “I really like you, a lot. But so does Harry and you never gave him a chance.”

I got up and grabbed the medicine from my bag, “Here,” I threw it at him before walking over to the door, and leaving.

It was pouring down rain and as I soon as I stepped outside, I was soaked. The rain hid the tears that were now falling down my face. I subconsciously walked around the boat a few times, before finally finding the kitchen door. I opened it and stepped inside.

I walked over to the fridge, a trail of water following behind me. I flung it open, the light burning my eyes, as it was dark in the kitchen. I sighed, closing the fridge again. Lightening flashed and a dark figure stood before me. I screamed, stuck my fist out and punched them in the face. I was still on edge after the scary movie.

I heard a girly yelp before running to the light switch and turning it on.

Carly was standing there, her hand covering her eye. McKenna and Lilly were behind her with a confused looks on their faces.

“Ow!” Carly complained.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked, immediately wiping the tears out of my eyes before remembering they were hid by the rain on my face.

“We all woke up and realized that you were missing. Carly, Lilly, and I bravely went out to find you.” McKenna answered.

“Yeah, they were all too scared.” Carly laughed, removing her hand from her eye, it was a dark shade of purple.

“Sorry,” I apologized before opening the fridge again. I grabbed an ice pack and gave it to her.

“Oh my gosh.” McKenna sighed, examining Carly’s black eye.

“Is it bad?” Carly asked.

“Um,” Lilly paused, “Yeah.”

McKenna nodded awkwardly, which made me laugh. Really laugh and I realized that no matter what happens I’m going to be okay. ‘It still sucks though’ my mind reminded me.

“Do you guys just want to stay in here?” I asked, “To be honest I’m kinda sick of the boys, this trip was suppose to be just us.”

“Sure,” Lilly smiled and Carly and McKenna nodded.

I sighed with relief, to be honest, I just wanted to get away from Harry and Liam. I’ve spent everyday with them and I can’t take the drama anymore. Maybe being single was a good thing.

“What are we going to do?” McKenna asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

“I think Captain Daniel said that there were some board games in here.” Lilly answered, opening a chest and pulling out the game of life.

“Life!” I exclaimed, “That’s my favorite game!”

We set it up and began to play. I was having a great time and I was glad to think about something else besides Harry and Liam.

“Stop and get married!” I said, reading the space Carly just landed on.

“Give me my man!” She joked at I handed her the little, plastic, blue man. “His name is Zayn.” She announced after kissing its tiny head.

We all laughed and continued playing. Of course Lilly got the best house, the best job, and the best salary. She always wins at everything I swear, even when it’s complete luck.

“So what do you want to do now?” I asked after we put the game away.

I loud knocking came at the door, which made us all jump. Then all the boys came bursting in, soaking wet.

“Where did you guys go?” Zayn asked, closing the door.

“Here?” Carly answered obviously.

He glared at her before kissing her, she giggled. “I meant where have you been?”

“Here,” Lilly teased.

“He means what have you been doing.” Louis helped.

“Playing the game of life.” I shrugged. The all looked confused. “You know, the board game?”

“Ohhh,” They all said in unison.

“What have you guys been doing?” McKenna asked.

“Sleeping,” Harry stretched and it was obvious that he just woke up.

“He finally woke up.” Niall grumbled, opening the fridge and grabbing an apple. “I’m the one starving over here.”

“Hey Liam, how are you feeling?” McKenna asked.

“Not so great,” He answered wearily. His eyes were tired and he just looked so unhappy I wanted to go up and give him a hug, but I knew that he doesn’t want a hug from me. Not until I give Harry a chance but I don’t want to. So I’m back to being single.

No matter how much of a good thing I think this is, it still hurts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while.... please comment!!