Status: Finished

Gotta Be You

Challenge Accepted

Hope's POV

After lying in the sun for a couple hours I look at Harry who’s fast asleep beside me. “Harry?” I say quietly, he doesn’t answer. I decide not to wake him and just sit there. Then I get an idea. I get up and walk back a few feet to get a head start, then I run and canon-ball into the pool, splashing Harry.

“Hey!” He protests sitting up and stretching.

“C’mon lazy,” I tease.

He smirks at me and jumps in too. We splash around for a bit until we’re tired again and just stand in the shallow end.

“Well that was refreshing.” He says, breathless. I smile and nod, breathless also.

He wades over to me and wrapped his arms around my back. I look down and played with the chains hanging around his neck. He takes one of his hands off my back and gently slides his hand under my chin, lifting my head upward so I was facing him. My eyes grow wide as I realize how close his face is to mine. He goes slowly, resting his forehead against mine, and then pressing his nose against mine before he finally reached my lips.

I didn’t know what to say or do so I just stood there, motionless. As soon as the tips of his lips brush mine someone yells, “Harry!” Niall’s familiar Irish accent calls from the kitchen. I put my hands on Harry’s chest and gently push away from him.

Harry frowns, “Out Here!” He answers.

Niall and Lilly come out carrying a box. Lilly is wearing her sunglasses that I could’ve sworn she left at home.

“What’s that?” I ask, getting out of the pool.

“Just some things from home.” Lilly answers smiling.

I grab my towel and quickly dry myself off. “Aw, look at Zach.” I say picking up a picture.

“Who’s Zach?” Harry asks jealously, getting out of the pool as well.

“My dog.” I answer showing him the picture.

“Oh,” He says embarrassed.

I gasp, “Is that what I think it is?” I ask picking up the colorful and comfortable fabric.”

Lilly laughs, “Yup it’s your romper."

“I’m putting it on!” I announce running inside and dashing into the first bathroom I see. I strut out laughing at all of their expressions. “Say what you want but this thing is amazing!”

“I like it.” Harry says walking up to me and feeling the fabric, “It’s soft.”

“I thought I lost it.” I confess looking into the box again. There was a box of my favorite cookies and more pictures. Finally I notice something at the very bottom. It is an unnamed envelope so I open it. It reads,

Dear Lilly,

I know you probably won’t even open this but I want you to know that I still love you. I was stupid and I shouldn’t have treated you like that. Please take me back.

Love,
Austin

“What’s that?” Niall asks trying to take the paper from me.

“Nothing!” I exclaim hiding it behind my back, “Why?”

He frowns, “Just curious.”

“Hey um Lilly?” I say quietly. “Lilly!” I say a little louder.

She was flipping through some more pictures, “Yeah?”

“Will you come with me for a second? I need to show you something.” I tell her taking her hand and pulling her inside.

Harry’s POV

When Lilly and Hope went inside I decided it was a good time to tell Niall what happened.

“She really doesn’t want to kiss you?” He asks after I’ve finished explaining.

I nod, “Yeah, does she really not like me that much?”

Niall shakes his head, “I don’t know mate. Lilly says Hope is crazy for you.”

“They why won’t she kiss me?” I complain.

Niall laughs, “Relax man, think of this as a challenge.”

I frown, “What do you mean?”

“Well we know she likes you but she won’t kiss you. Make if a goal for yourself to kiss her. I’m sure as soon as she sees how awesome you are she’ll want to kiss you.”

I smile, “Yeah, thanks mate. I’ll do that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Again it's really short and the ending sucks but I had to post it cause I won't be able to post for awhile.