Dearest Constellation

Mexican Mud

“Alright, sir, you can go in now. But please, stay as calm as possible. If his heart rate dramatically increases he will become unstable and we will have to medicate him further. That goes for all of you.” I told the man with the long brown hair. The rest of the men gave him encouraging looks and his eyes made their way up to mine with a hesitant look and thanked me. He proceeded towards the door and I followed close behind him. As he approached the door, he reached his hand towards the handle and hesitated just before it. I reached my hand in between him and his indecisive-ness and opened the door for him. After he slowly made his way in the door, I stepped in after him and let the door close onto my back.

“…Taylor?” A feeble whisper crawled its way out of his throat and into the frigid air.

“Dave? Is that you? Dave? Holy shit, Dave? I’m alive? Dave?” Well, apparently his name is Dave.

“Yeah, Tay. It’s me. It’s me.” The hollow tone in his voice was nearly heartbreaking.

“Dave, get me out of here please. This blows.”

“Alright, Taylor. But remember, I’m not going to be here next time to do this. I’ve seen too many people die from this shit. You know how I feel about it, Taylor.” His voice was like a stern father’s, coldly disappointed.

“I know, Dave. I figured that out the second I shot the shit up. I know I shouldn’t have done it. It was a stupid fucking idea and a useless solution to nothing. I’m not doing that shit again, Dave. I’m really not.” Taylor was in what seemed to be silent hysterics at this point.

“Taylor, just calm down. You’re going to hurt yourself. Just stop crying and get your shit together. We’re going home today.” Still, a cold father.

Taylor gave him a silent nod and looked over in my direction. He gave me a look like he needed a little bit of assistance. Brushing past Dave, I walked over to the little closet in the corner of the room and pulled out his bag of clothes he arrived in and gave them a once over, opting not to let him put them back on. Bloody jeans and a ragged t-shirt weren’t exactly the best choice. Instead of his dirty clothes, I grabbed some scrubs for him to slip into until he had some more viable options. Making my way over to the bed he was on, I gently pulled the IV out of his hand and laid his clothes on his legs. He said a small thank you as I pulled the curtain closed behind me so that he could get changed in private.

“So, what do we need to do to get him checked out of here? Nate and Chris are probably pretty concerned at this point and we really have to get home as soon as possible, if that’s okay..” He seemed worried at first, but he slowly trailed off after he realized that he was way ahead of himself.

“Well, Dave, uh, why don’t we step out into the hallway and discuss this with, uh,”

“Nate and Chris?”

“Yes, thank you.” We made our way into the hallway and Nate and Chris’ heads snapped up once they heard the door open. They seemed to be relieved that Dave had a somewhat smile on his face and definitely felt better.

“So, can we take Taylor home today?” Either Nate or Chris asked me, I have no idea which one.

“We have to hive him a brief one over and check all his vitals and such, get his prescriptions written, and give him a stern lecture on the dangers of smack. After that, I do believe Mr. Hawkins can be taken home. I’d highly recommend that he stays with one of you, preferably somebody who understands how overdoses work, unless he has a significant other that is experienced in that field. If nobody is around that is experienced enough, I can either send a nurse to care for him at his house or I can take the night off and take care of him wherever you all find most convenient. If you don’t want to have anybody nurse him, you can call myself or a nurse and we can help you through it or if you live close enough, we can come to you all. Most likely he will have some sort of complications when he gets tired. The Narcan that we had to give him may cause him to get sick, so there will more than likely be some mild to severe vomiting, aches, pains, headaches, hallucinations, lightheadedness, and probably some pretty bad diarrhea. Inevitably, there will be some undesirable things that are going to happen and he is going to need somebody there to baby him. No offense to your friend, but he kinda looks like he isn’t exactly the smartest out of the bunch. I trust that you will all take good care of him, considering how concerned you all seem to be.”

“I assure you, we will take good care of him. We’ve been playing Mr. Mom with him for as long as we’ve known him.” Either Chris or Nate said. I really need to learn their names.

“Alright, well, Taylor seems to have gotten his things together, so you can let him out and we can head down to the pharmacy.” I almost finished my sentence before Taylor barged out of the room and followed in stride like nothing happened as we made our way to the stairs. I prefer the stairs to the elevator any day. I just don’t trust elevators. I heard a groan of protest from my choice of stairs, but I figured it was Taylor and just ignored it. We approached the little pharmacy counter that Doris was working and she immediately brightened at the sight of somebody to help. Doris was an absolute doll. She was a bit older than most people at the hospital, but she’s definitely a 24 year old at heart.

“Dr. Hall! It’s fantastic to see you! What can I do for you, doll?” Doris was nearly beaming at this point. I guess you can say she’s enthusiastic about her job.

“Well, Mr. California Sun over here seems to have gotten his hands on some Mexican Mud and he is going to need a little bit of help getting along. We gave him Narcan earlier and he looks to be fine, but later is going to be a disaster for his body. So, you know what to do from here, hot stuff.” I’m pretty sure the men behind me look confused, but I’m alright with it. Doris took a few minutes to walk back to the hordes of pills and get what Taylor needed and they conversed amongst themselves. I gathered that they are on some sort of tour with their band, Taylor has a girlfriend that is stupid, Nate is the other blonde one, Chris is the shorter haired brunette, and that this is going to cost a lot of money. Pretty accurate, if you ask me.

“Doctor Hall! I’ve got the stuff. Be careful out there, baby.” Doris is such a teenager. Ha.

“Thanks, baby-cakes. I’ll text you tonight! Bye!” We waved at each other and I motioned for the men to follow me down to the reception desk. I’m sure Taylor is glad to be making his way out.

-
-
-
-
-
-
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.redtube.com/174545
this made me laugh my ass off. (Don't worry, it's safe for work.)