Encounter With the Red Skull

Shame a Rose

I found myself in a reverie; I looking passed the Skull’s face and off above the computers. When I ended my thought I found the Skull looking at me differently. In a studying way? He smiled, staring at me while he took another drink. I raised an eyebrow—I wasn’t going to ask, but I felt so conscientious. I felt my heart pound faster and my face was starting to burn. I looked down and away from the monster’s piercing look.

“I have a dress you would look wonderful in.” he replied.

I didn’t look at him. I only felt embarrassed that he thought of me that way. The fact that he found me attractive? It disgusted me, the way he looked at me… I shook my head. I was a brunette, thin; I suppose I had a good figure. I was strong for a girl too. I never bothered to pretty myself other than what was natural. So, I never added any make-up to my physique.

The Red Skull got up from his seat and set his glass by the bottle beside me. His bulky body loomed above me, making so much shadow. He was a big man, very buff, very strong, very dangerous. His palm was about the size of my face. With his strength, he could break my face with one hand if he wanted to.

I continued to look away from him; I rubbed the glass he had given me with both hands. I was nervous, sweating, scared…

“Your beauty is nothing to be ashamed of.” He replied.

I couldn’t turn my head any farther away.

I felt the warmth of his hand reach for my chin. He made me face him, to look at him. Those eyes again! He spoke to me, “I suppose I can leave you untied, since you are smart enough not to run away from me.” He said, letting me lose.

He then walked to the driver’s seat and turned on the van. “Have a seat,” he said, gesturing to the passenger’s seat.

I only complied to make him happy, which is always better than the alternative.