Status: Updating slowly

Let The Games Begin!

Announcing the Games

I am frozen from fear. I am watching it live as the Capitol announces exactly what our punishment is. Why we need more punishment than District 13 being obliterated, I don't know. Sitting at home with my sister, two brothers, and my mother, watching and waiting. Although my family in particular didn't participate in the uprising, what they have already began to call "The Dark Days" as if they happened many years ago; when in reality it was less than a year ago when the districts were finally defeated by the Capitol. And we all know THAT can't go unpunished. So here we are...waiting...and watching. When all of a sudden the static on the screen disappears and instead we are staring into the terrifying eyes of President Snow.

"Greetings all of Panem," the President begins, "as you all know, you are required to watch this tonight to receive news on exactly what will be happening to you all."

I'm beginning to get a bad feeling...

He continues, "From now on you will know your place in our little country. From now on, you will be entertaining those of the Capitol."

Oh no...this can't be good...

"Let me explain, from now on starting this year and continuing on each and every year, you will be given the great HONOR of being chose from your district to compete in a battle, the winner gaining eternal safety, honor, and pleasure; one girl and one boy from each district, making 24 'tributes' in all. But here is the catch: those 23 tributes who do not win, will have died in the battle."

I swear that you could hear every person in all 12 remaining districts gasp all at once. Or could that have just been my family?

"Other details will be communicated in each district. Ladies and gentleman! I give you the first annual 'Hunger Games'!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to dedicate this chapter to:
Dea x

-for her story The Arena that gave me the inspiration to write this one!!

I know it may have started off a little rough, but for all those who have read "The Hunger Games", this is a fan fiction to it and this is my interpretation of how it all begins with the very first Game.