Status: Updating slowly

Let The Games Begin!

Let the Training Begin

The next day is Sunday, so although we have the day off no one sleeps in as they usually do. Instead I am up nearly after the first lights of day begin to appear in the sky, turning it a peachy-rose color; if this was any normal day, it would be very calm relaxing and beautiful. But since it is not a normal day, the sun just means we are a day closer to the reaping day, causing me anxiety.
When I look out my bedroom window, the bedroom I share with my sister, I see that unusually people are out and moving. In fact, a boy who I know somewhat well, we work together so we spend a lot of time with each other, is running. Not the kind of running where you are trying to get somewhere, but so that you can keep up strength and go on for a while. I decide that is interesting enough to go check out for myself.
I force myself out of bed and slip on some clothes, before heading out the door. Surprisingly it is warm outside. Outside, he sees me coming and momentarily pauses his exercise.
"Why up and out so early Lerom (Lee-rome)?" I ask walking toward him.
"Training, care to join?" Lerom replies.
"Hold on, training for what?"
"You heard them yesterday, if they are offering us up a bait to one another, I am not going down easy."
"How do you know you will get chosen?" I ask, truly curious.
"I don't, but I have just as good a chance as anyone don't I?"
"Well..yes..." I reply, truly confused now, "but why train?"
"Because I don't know what condition the other districts are in! I need to be strong play it to survive!" He now seems angry with me for a reason unknown to me, I have a feeling he has something planned that he isn't telling me.
"You talk like you know you are going."
"If there is even the slightest chance that I'm going I will be ready." He states defiantly, "Now, would you care to join me? Or are you leaving?"
I take a moment to consider this, he is right. It could be anyone who is chosen. So after a good five minutes of going over facts in my head I decide there is no harm in being prepared for whatever comes.
"Count me in," I say at last, "what do we do first?"
The next four hours before the sun is completely up we push ourselves and afterwards I really actually feel sore. Is that a good thing? I don't know but I remind myself that Lerom is right, I at least should be able to stand a fighting chance. And believe me, fight I shall.