Status: Updating slowly

Let The Games Begin!

The Opening Ceremony

As the doors opened a strange feeling overcame me. Adrenaline. Pure adrenaline. Because of the millions of screaming people whose eyes are now focused on me and Lerom. At this moment I couldn't be more glad for the support bar that I was now holding in a death grip. If not for that bar, I surely would have fallen off the carriage. People were screaming my and Lerom's names and throwing roses in our directions in the hope that they will actually reach us. I can now hear other names being yelled, obviously the tributes from District 2, but it didn't bother me because I could tell that the majority of the eyes were still trained on us. The camera flashes illuminating us for a second and momentarily blinding me. My smile was so large that my cheeks were starting to hurt. I looked over at Lerom and realized that he must be feeling the same way. He saw me glance at him and looked back at me before sending me a wink. I was slightly surprised by the gesture but put it off as him being overwhelmed, as I was. We completed our lap around the city circle and were now lined up in front of the one and only President Snow. 

"Welcome everyone," he gestured at us, then the live audience, before turning and looking straight into a camera to address those watching from home, "andante welcome to our first annual opening ceremony!" he announces proudly. He gave his entire speech, most of which I tuned out, and then we were led into the bottom floor of a very tall, grand-looking building, and then to waiting elevators. When Lerom and I entered one of them along with the pair of tributes from District 4 I asked the elevator attendant what this place was exactly.

"This is the Training Center," he replied, "you will be spending the next few days here for a chance to do so pre-games training. You will also be living  here. Each district gets its own floor so you and Lerom are on the first floor, and you two are on the fourth floor," he addressed the other couple standing in the elevator.
He pressed the buttons 1 and 4, each of them lighting up after being pushed, and we only had a couple seconds wait until we were on our floor and the elevator doors opened. Lerom and I both stepped out and I turned back to thank the attendant even though I'm not sure if he heard because the doors were already closing again. I turned back around and took in my new surroundings. It was quite nice, when you first step out of the elevator you enter a large hallway with different outlets. On the right is what appears to be a living area and beyond that, a dining room. Then on the left it leads to different rooms. I'm guessing that one was for Shawna, one for me, and one for Lerom. Suddenly I started walking towards the room that had a plate on the door that read "Maylee Dumark" and entered.
The room was just as nice as the rest of the floor, with a large area when you first walk in, that then leads to a bedroom with a conjoint bathroom and also a small sitting area with a large window. I walk to the plush bed and immediately strip down and climb into some silky pajamas before slipping into the soft sheets. I know I am going to need my sleep so I sit there for who knows how long before realizing it may take more than that to fall asleep. Seeing lights on in the living area I walk into the room to find Shawna sitting there on the couch. 

"Hello deary!" she replies cheerfully when she sees me. 
"Hi Shawna," I mumble back before sinking into the also plush couch.
"Having some trouble sleeping?" she asks.
I sigh. "Yes," I admit. 
"I may have something to help with that she replies, handing me a pill. " I use these sometimes when I can't sleep."
"Thanks," I reply, truly grateful that I may be able to get some sleep after all. She gives me some water to take the pill with and sends me back to bed. 
What she gave me must really work because this time, the second my head hit my pillow, I was asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG!!! Ok so I know this chapter is SUPER late and you will never know how sorry I am for that...but I hope that this somewhat long chapter will make up for it. I rewrote this chapter at least 5 times before I was happy enough to post it...but here you go!!
And a special apology to Dea because I promised her an update like 2 weeks ago...so again I'm SUPER sorry!!!

Comments are always welcome!! :) I don't bite...hard ;)