Our Perfect Love Story

Do you know, I count your heartbeats before you sleep?

We did unmentionable things that night, coming as close as two people can. We unpacked my belongings, molding his and my things together to make his house our place. We had no issues, slipping easily into the routine of sharing a house with someone other than family, although at this point we might as well have been. We spent nearly all of our time together, as much as my school life and his work life would let us. I applied for a job at the diner, but Noel told me not to get comfortable there because he was going to quit and go back to school and get a new job where he made more but worked less. I supported this decision full heartedly. He deserved it. We spent our little leisure time with his friends at the beach or huddled together on the couch watching his favorite genre of movies: horror. He consoled me throughout the unbearable parts, paranoia, and the nightmares this led to. He watched my sad romance movies as happily as I watched his scary movies, showing the guy he was clearly.

We grew closer, grateful for each day. I clung to his hand when I could, and had his arm protectively around me as much as possible. We rough housed and he tried to tickle me, even though it never ended well. When we argued or disagreed, he kissed me to stop me from being angry. I hugged him from behind, on my tiptoes, my chin on his shoulder. I whispered apologies in his ear until he turned to face me. And then I made a joke, he laughed, and we kissed.

We never went to bed mad. Ever.

I liked to think that that was what made us strong, but I think now it went deeper than that. I think Noel and I share a different kind of love, not only sensual, but in ourselves. I think he is my soulmate, and I think I am his. I believe that's why the first night, I walked away with a stranger in the middle if the night.

"Are you okay, darling?" Noel squeezed my thigh, bringing me to the present. We sat on the couch, only music playing. I sat with my legs sprawled on his lap, Noel slouched closer to me in a way that is bizarrely comfortable.

"I'm fine baby." He traced patterns on my legs, leaving behind a trail of goosebumps.

"Wanna talk about it?" He smiled, looking at me through the tops of his eyelashes.

"No, I just wanna be here with you." I moved my legs and turned my body so my head was positioned above his lap. He adjusted so he was upright, and I set down my head, turning my body so I could push my face into his solid belly.

"You are, baby, stay here." I had issue with my thoughts, they fought against me, clouding my senses. I gripped his dark gray tshirts, struggling with myself as my vision faded. Noel intertwined his fingers into my long hair, rubbing soft circles. He shushed me, speaking softly, telling me it'll be alright.

I opened my eyes and sat up. I put my hand on his neck, caressing his face and neck with my slender fingers. I sat on his lap, facing him, a leg on each side of him. I put my face into the side of his neck.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I whispered, my breath hitching, tears rolling steadily down my cheeks.

"Baby doll, it's okay. Shhh. I know." He put his hands on the small of my back, trying to calm me. I breathed in his smell, trying to stay here. With him. I pulled my face away to look at him, he grabbed my face in his hands, looking into my eyes.

"Good girl. I'm so proud of you." He brought his lips to mine, pushing gently against my lips. My eyes slid closed as he repeatedly placed small kisses on my lips, an as he traveled down my jaw line, pausing to nibble on my ear. My lips moved up in a sly smile.

" There you go baby, there you are." I opened my eyes, his lips travelled slowly back up to my lips, his clear blue eyes locked on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for waiting so long. I know I've been MIA, but I haven't had access to the Internet in a long time. Love my readers!
Chels