Status: In Progress. Posting every Monday & Thursday!

You're Just a Daydream Away

Now leave.

I got back to my apartment after Alex left and decided to clean to keep myself busy. I put on some music and did the dishes and danced around a little. I danced over to the living room where Alex and I made a bed out of the floor and cleaned up all the blankets and pillows. After some laundry and other cleaning, I was finished and sat down on the couch. I sighed and tried to get comfortable when I heard my phone ring. I got up and grabbed it.

"Hello sexiest man alive." I answered with a smirk. He said hello back then explained that Andy left Jack. "That bitch. I'm gonna kill her for hurting my Jack." I was pissed beyond belief. Alex then said he needed a plan to cheer Jack up. I gave him a few ideas then heard a knock on the door. I got up and opened it without looking through the peep hole which I instantly regretted. Andy was standing in my doorway with Kyle right behind her. 

"Hey can I call you back?" I said to Alex while staring at two of the three people I hate in my life, the third being my mom.
"Yeah sure. You alright?" he asked and sounded worried.
"Yeah..." I hesitated. "Love you. Bye." I hung up before he said anything and just looked at the two devils in disbelief. 

"Liz, we need to talk to you about everything that happened." Andy mumbled nervously. "Do you have time?" I didn't say anything. I couldn't if I tried. 
"Tom, please just hear us out." Kyle tried using his sweet voice to coax me. 
"Do not call me that. You lost the right to call me Tom when you fucked my cousin." I said feeling the venom dripping off my words.
"Okay. That's understandable." he said putting his hands up. 
"Can we come in?" Andy asked.
"Sure!" I said sarcastically. "Maybe you guys can give me a good laugh." I said opening my door wider.

They walked to the couch and sat next to each other while I sat on an extra chair. They looked scared shitless as the should be.

"Hey Andy, how's Jack? Oh wait you dumped him even though he was head over heels for you." I said and she bowed her head, hopefully in shame.
"Don't pick on her Liz. We're here to talk like adults and resolve any unfinished business." Kyle defended her.
"Oh that's why you're here? What kind of unfinished business are you talking about? And I think I'm allowed to make the both of you feel as miserable as I did when you two decided to walk out on me."
"I'm sorry I made you feel that way Liz! Okay? I'm sorry! I didn't think you'd go to the extremes that you did because of me leaving!" Kyle yelled at me.
"You think you left?! You fucking cheated on me with my god damn cousin! You knew that would hurt me!" I yelled back and looked at Andy. She was being oddly quiet. "What about you Andrea? What are you here to apologize for?"
"I'm sorry for walking away from you and ignoring you for all those years. Your depression scared me okay? I couldn't believe that was happening to you so I just blocked you out. I knew in the back of my mind it was because of what Kyle and I did."
"It scared you? How do you think I felt?! The guy I was in love with cheated on me then beat the shit out of me when I tried to leave him. Then my cousin who was my best friend in the entire world walked out on me. And now I find out she was who he cheated with."

They sat there staring at the ground. I tried to catch my breath and felt my throat getting raw from yelling. I had to explain to them how they hurt me, so I continued.

"You two made me think that no one on this earth could ever love me and that I wasn't good enough to be alive. Kyle, you made me feel like a worthless piece of shit. Andy, you made me think it was my fault that my mom left. I tried my best to make her stay but she wouldn't. And you know what? My life was finally turning around until you two waltzed back into my life. I have a boyfriend that actually cares about me and loves me and I have friends that will always be there when I need them. I may not have any family besides my dad, but I promise you when I have kids of my own, they will never know the pain you two caused me. They will never know that Kyle hit me and they'll never know that Andy hurt Jack. Now leave." I pointed to the door. They both opened their mouths to protest but knew I wouldn't let them explain themselves. They stood up and made their way to the door.

"Liz, I'm so sorry I hurt you as much as I did. And that I hurt Jack. I just never lost my feelings for Kyle." Andy said quietly. 
"Dont explain that bullshit with me. Tell that to Jack. And when Kyle cheats on you and hits you, don't think for one second that Jack will ever take you back." I could see the venom sinking into her skin. She nodded and started walking out before waiting for Kyle.
"There hasn't been one day that I haven't missed some part of you, Liz. I have regretted letting you go since the first time I hit you. I'm happy that you have someone who will treat you right." He looked like a dog that got caught eating trash. I just shook my head and closed the door behind them. I made my way over to the chair I was sitting in before and sat back down and stared at the couch.

What just happened? Was I dreaming? How did they know where I lived? Are they dating? Did Andy leave Jack for Kyle? Why did they choose now to apologize? And Kyle said he regretted losing me. That has to be bullshit. I slid my phone out of my pocket and called the one person who would calm me down. 

"Hey are you busy?"
"I'm in the middle of nowhere on a bus, Liz. What could I possibly be busy doing?" Alex said and I could hear the smile in his voice. "Who was at the door?"
"Andy and Kyle." I mumbled. My throat hurt from yelling at Kyle and Andy.
"WHAT? The fuck? Like Andy, your cousin Andy? And Kyle ex boyfriend Kyle?"
"Yep."
"Why?"
"They wanted to apologize for hurting my feelings. But it turned into me just screaming at them."
"So that's why your voice is raspy. Are you okay?" he asked so sweetly that it made me almost melt.
"Yeah I'm fine I guess. Andy said she never lost her feelings for Kyle and she's sorry she hurt Jack." Alex laughed sarcastically. "And Kyle said he's regretted losing me since he did Andy and hit me. And he's happy I found someone that will treat me right." I sighed and Alex was quiet for a second.

"So he still likes you?" he mumbled. 
"No he has Andy. Even if he did, it wouldn't matter. I would never ever go back to him and I have you. You're the best guy I've ever met. So don't get down on yourself like I know you're right now." I demanded and heard him sigh.
"Okay. Well are you alright? Want me to fly you out?"
"I think I'm fine. I actually have work soon so I'll call you later. I love you." I whispered.
"I love you too radio star." I could see him sitting in his bunk smiling in my mind.
"Bye rockstar." I hung up. 

I got to work and heard two words I never ever thought I'd ever hear in my entire life. 

"Liz, we've been looking over ratings and well, they're not as good as we thought they were. You've been distracted during segments and making many mistakes. I hate to say this, but you're fired." my boss said.

I'm WHAT?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Whooaaa this chapter was soo intense to write! Possibly my favorite I've ever written. Can't wait to hear all your feedback guys!

And I decided on Mondays and Thursdays to have the updates. There might be sometimes when I post more than Mondays and Thursdays.

Love & rockets my dears :)