Status: In Progress. Posting every Monday & Thursday!

You're Just a Daydream Away

My heart sank.

Liz hugged me when I won and I held her close. I didn't want to admit it, but I was falling for her. She was really funny and childish like I was and that's hard to find at my age. She was really pretty too. I was nervous because she seemed like a girl Alex would go for so I had to hurry up and make the first move before Alex did.

Alex stormed out when he lost and I figured he was mad because he lost to me and to Liz. The other guys went back to the hotel and left me alone with Liz.

"I like your place by the way." I said when everyone had left.
"Thanks. Most people say its weird or too artsy." she shrugged.
"Arsty? More like musically amazing." I declared and made her laugh. Her laugh was perfect.
"Artsy like independent. Like how there's music on the radio that's mainstream then your music. My apartment is like your music." she explained and sat on her couch.
"I see." I sat next to her. I rested my arm behind her and smiled when she did. She bit her lip and looked at the ground. 
"Can I tell you something? And promise you will keep it between us?" she asked quietly.
"Of course. You can count on me." I smiled to prove it.
"Okay," she took a deep breath. "Don't judge, I mean I like just met you guys and all but still. I think, uhm." she stammered.
"Liz. Just spit it out." I chuckled.
"I think I like Alex." she whispered. 

My heart sank. He definitely already made a move. This always happens. I like a girl but Alex has to swoop in and be Mr Perfect and Mr Charming and not give me a chance. My hands clenched into small fists as I tried to look normal.

"You do? But you just met him like you said."
"I know. I must sound stupid. But, it's just," she stopped to collect her thoughts. "When I see him, I smile instantly. When he talks to me, I feel like I'm floating. When I heard him singing earlier, it seemed like he was only singing to me. It's crazy I know but I can't help but feel something for him. I doubt I have a chance with him." she admitted. 
"You're kidding me right?" I looked at her shocked. She had a perfect confused face.
"No..." she mumbled.
"Of course you have a chance with him! You're very attractive, really sweet, funny, and your taste in music doesn't hurt. He'd be crazy not to like you." I said almost choking on my words as I said them to her.

I wish she realized that I liked her too. I meant all the words I said to her. 

"Thanks Jack. That was really sweet." she smiled and stood up.
"Where you're going?" I asked and leaned my head to the side.
"To bed. I'm exhausted. You can lay with me if you want." she held her hand out. I smiled and stood up and took her soft, delicate hand. We walked to her room and she went to her bathroom to change. I laid on her bed and looked around her room and saw all the posters of the band. I got up and found a sharpie on her desk and signed most of them. 

"Whatcha doing?" she asked standing in the doorway.
"Signing stuff for a fan. Is that okay?"
"Sure." she smiled. We laid back down and she put her head on my chest. I watched it slowly rise and fall with every breath I took. I lightly stroked her hair and after a few minutes, I heard her lightly snoring. 

-------------------------
I woke up the next morning staring at a picture of myself on Liz's wall. I heard someone in the kitchen and got up. I opened the door and shielded my eyes from the bright sun shining through Liz's huge window. I heard a little giggle then turned to see Liz cupping a coffee mug in her hands close to her face.

"It shocks you, doesn't it?" she smiled.
"Yeah." I grumbled. I was still half asleep and the bright sun didn't help. 
"Rian called me and said they'll be here in a half hour to come get you and say bye to me. Want some coffee or juice or something?" she offered. 
"I'll take some juice please. Do you have apple?"
"Of course. I refuse to grow up." she laughed to herself as she placed her coffee on the table and got me some juice. 
"Thanks. How'd you sleep?" I asked.
"Pretty good. You snore and talk in your sleep." she smiled.
"Oh I'm sorry. I should've warned you. Did I say anything interesting?"
"Uhm," she looked away in thought then shook her head no. "Not that I remember. Wanna watch some cartoons?" 
"Definitely!" I grabbed my juice and jumped onto the couch. She followed.

Soon after, there was a knock on the door. Liz stood up to get it and I heard the familiar roars from the guys. 

"So, did you guys get it in?" Alex asked jokingly as Liz got him some coffee. She winked at me then faked like we got caught.
"Shit. I'm sorry Jack but he figured it out." she sighed then turned to Alex. "We did it all night long. My back is pretty sore but it was so worth it, right Jack?"
"Obviously." I fake smiled then looked at the cup in front of me. I looked up when the other guys called my name. I saw Liz and Alex go into her room and I sighed. I was about to lose her to Alex. I packed up the stuff I had brought to Liz's place then put it by the door. 

We waited for Alex to come out but he didn't. Zack and Rian knocked a few times and he finally came out, giggling with Liz. He had his pinky finger linked in hers and I almost threw up. I couldn't stand to see it. 

I walked over to Liz, hugged her, thanked her for letting me stay over, then walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww poor Jack :(

It'll get better for him don't worry!

Love & rockets