Status: Sorry to those who have read a variation of this story called Live and Let Live. This is a revised version.

Love Just Is

Part Seven- Uncontrollable: VIII

I am downstairs before I can even think. There is blood all around me. The scent is almost overpowering. I can see Theresa, her hands bloody and scratched and there is Luca, holding a bloody Sienna, who is also crying, screaming. She hates strangers.
Annabeth and I rush toward him, but four vampyres who we didn’t notice previously grab us. Two vampyres hold onto me and somehow, my strength doesn’t overcome theirs. These vampyres are old and very strong and very powerful. Annabeth struggles violently. One of the vampyres dislocates her shoulder and she’s got cuts and scrapes everywhere, but those vampyres are strong, too and they hold onto Annabeth easily.
Luca laughs as he looks at us. His sickly laugh makes me sick. Ivory walks down just then. She came running, but everything happens so fast with vampyres that she was just getting there. She stops dead in her tracks when she sees Luca. Her eyes trail down and find Sienna in his arms and she starts toward him.
“Put her down, Luca!” She yells. Theresa, who seemed invisible until then, takes Ivory in her arms. Ivory struggles, but Theresa is a vampyre after all.
“He will kill you, Ivory!” Theresa yells, gripping Ivory tightly, smearing blood all over her.
“He could if he wanted to,” My stomach turns as I recognize the voice. My head wipes around as William walks in. He looks at me, a sick smirk across his face. The room grows silent except for Sienna’s cries. Something in me tells me that William isn’t on our side. It makes me sick.
Suddenly Teddy, Paul and Mia run into the room. They had been out, but now, they walk in on this scene. Paul and Teddy don’t think. Paul grabs one of the men on Annabeth and Teddy grabs the other, but they don’t know the vampyres strength. Two other vampyres emerge and one grabs Mia and the other helps the other vampyres tie up Ted and Paul with thick metal chains.
William just watches with a smirk across his face. I look over and see Theresa and Ivory. They’ve both stopped moving to watch the scene unfold. I don’t move, just watch everything. I see Luca trying to calm Sienna, but Sienna is fussy with anyone except Annabeth, William and I.
A moment later and William moves to grab Sienna from Luca’s arms. She quiets easily, not understanding the danger she is in. Ivory looks on with terror. We all wait for something to happen.
“I didn’t come for Sienna. She’s just worthless. It was fun for a while to play the good guy and try to help find Luca,” he laughs coldly. “I could have simply taken what I wanted when I realized that both Jared and Evelyn are half-breeds. They are going to be very strong and very powerful vampyres, when they come of age,” William smirks, moving around the room to look Annabeth and then me in the face. I just give him a glare. He betrayed me.
“Evelyn?” Mia’s voice cracks as we all turn our attention to her. “Don’t hurt my Evelyn,” she whispers. William looks over at her and laughs.
“Hurt her? I won’t hurt the girl. She’s going to make me very powerful. I will just take her away, raise her as one of my own, plus Jared and some of the other child I am going to father. We will rule the vampyre world,” he smiles deviously.
“What about Sienna?” Ivory begs from the across the room. William walks over to her and smiles. It would look kind and sweet if he wasn’t the betrayer I now know he is.
“You can have her back,” he says. Just as he seems like he’ll give Ivory her baby, He takes the baby’s head in his hand and twists, breaking the baby’s neck easily. Ivory doesn’t even register the action until she is given the dead body of her child.
Ivory’s cry fills the room. She falls to her knees with the dead baby’s body. William chuckles and then heads upstairs to find Evelyn and Jared and we’re all stuck where we are. Theresa could go upstairs, but we all know she has no chance. She just touches Ivory’s shoulder and soothes her softly. William returns a moment later with Evelyn and Jared, one in each arm. Ava follows a moment later, yelling at him, but keeping her distance because she’s terrified.
“You could join me, Henry,” William says to me, ignoring Ava. I spit in his face. He slaps me. I don’t care. I just watch him walk out of the door and then the vampyres slowly let go of us, with warning about trying to follow us. No one tries, except Mia, but Teddy holds her back, but he is crying, his eyes tearing up from the loss of his son. Ava is bawling, her eyes already red and her face blotchy. Paul isn’t crying, but he has this stony expression that hides his emotions. He walks over to Ivory and takes the dead child from her arms and places her on the counter. He then picks up Ivory and walks up the stairs. No one says anything. There is a rough, sad silence in the air. There is nothing to say, nothing to do and no way to be.