Status: We'll see where this goes...

Bad Habits

You've been searching for that someone, and it's me out on the prowl

"John, come on, wake up."

I groaned, then squinted my eyes open to see Eric pulling my blinds open, letting the bright Arizona sun leak in.
"Ugh, what?" I mumbled, rolling over on my back and sitting up.
"We're gonna drive back to my house."
"Why?"
"What did I tell you last night?"
"I don't fucking know."
"Well, maybe if you didn't stay up talking to Kat all night, you'd have some damn sense."
"I didn't stay up talking to her. I haven't talked to her since yesterday afternoon, when our parents got home. I stayed up writing last night."
"Where's your book, I wanna read."
"No!"
I said, snatching my journal off of my nightstand and hugging it to my chest.
"Why not?"
"Because... I started writing a song last night."
"Another one?"
"Yeah."
"What's this one gonna be called?"
"I don't know... I'm not finished yet."
"What's it about?"
He asked, and I shrugged.
"It's about her, isn't it?"
"No, that's stupid."
I scoffed, and Eric narrowed his eyes, before yanking the journal from my hands.

"Untangle me from these feelings trapped inside. Way out past the smoke and fire is where I'll be. I've been waiting such a long time for someone to come along. Untangle me. ... And maybe for the first time, you'll get the best of me. The part that isn't broken like before. The man I'm not afraid of anymore."
Eric read, then looked up and closed my book, handing it back to me.
"I'm jealous of your writing skills."
"It's not done yet."
"Do you have a tune?"
"Kinda... I'm gonna mess around on my guitar later."
"Alright, now get up."
"What did you tell me last night?"
I asked, standing up and grabbing a pair of jeans and a v-neck.
"We're moving back in this neighborhood. We're gonna drive up to my house and pack up my stuff, put it in the moving van and come back."
"That's awesome!"
"Yeah, maybe if you actual take breaks from Kat and come hang with me."
"I will, I'll make time for you, I promise."
"You better, or I'm just gonna leave."
"Alright. You can leave if I don't hang out with you."

I shut the bathroom door and turned on the shower, before taking off my jeans and underwear, throwing them in the corner of the bathroom. I stepped in and let the steaming hot water run down my back, my muscles relaxing. I let out a sigh, and closed my eyes, tipping my head back and soaking my hair. I ran my fingers through it, then grabbed my body wash and shampoo, squeezing some in my hand. I scrubbed it through my hair, then squeezed some more in my hands before washing my body. I rinsed off, then stood under the water for a few more minutes, still fully waking up. I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist, then grabbed another and dried my hair. I dried my body, then got dressed in my jeans and tee shirt, then grabbed my tooth brush, squeezed some toothpaste on it, and shoved it in my mouth. After brushing my teeth, I used some mouth wash, then went back into my room where Eric was. I pulled on a pair of socks, then my Vans.

"You ready yet?"
He asked as I tied my shoes.
"I'm hungry."
I stood and went downstairs, Eric following, and went to my fridge. I pulled out a bottle of water, then went to my pantry and grabbed a muffin. I grabbed my keys and jacket, then headed out the door. As we were driving down my road, we saw Kat walking with her guitar on her back. I pulled up next to her, driving slowly.
"Hey, pretty lady, where you going?"
She turned and looked at me, a smile creeping on her lips.
"My mommy taught me not to talk to strangers."
"Well, your mommy taught you well. You need a ride?"
"Nah. I'm heading down to the park. Probably gonna practice and sketch some. I don't know."
"Oh, well, be careful, okay?"
"Okay."
She said with a smile, before walking up to my truck. I stopped, and she stood on her toes, crossing her arms in the window. I smiled, then leaned over and planted a kiss on her lips.
"Where are you going today, sir?"
She asked, waving at Eric when we had parted.
"Up to Eric's house. He's moving back down here, so I'm gonna go help him pack up. I'll be back late tonight if you wanna hang out for a bit."
"I doubt your mom will let us. I had to play twenty Q with my parents before I was able to leave the house by myself. Apparently we're on grounding and we didn't know?"
"Grounding from each other."
I chuckled, and she nodded with a smile.
"Sneak out."
"What?"
She almost gasped, and I smiled.
"Sneak out tonight. I'll text you, and we can sneak out and go down to the park or something so we can spend some time together."
"John, I don't know... I've never snuck out before. I don't want to get in trouble."
"Come on."
I persuaded, pecking her on the lips a couple times.
"Fine." she groaned after a minute, and I chuckled.
"Alright, I'll text you tonight."
"Okay."

We drove off and down the street. After a couple hours, we finally got to Eric's house. His parents were in and out of the house, moving boxes into the large moving truck that sat outside of his house.
"Hey, John!"
His parents greeted and I smiled and waved.
"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Halvorsen."

Eric and I went up to his room and started packing things up. The first thing he went for was his bass, and amp. He packed them up, then leaned them against the wall. He yanked the pillows and blankets off his bed and folded them up, then put them in a box. He kicked the box to the side of the room, then started picking up his mattress.
"Help me."
I grabbed the other side, and we headed out of the room, down the stairs and into the moving truck.

After packing up the rest of his stuff, it was almost ten o'clock.
"Dude, come on, we're not gonna get back until at least one thirty, and I'm exhausted."
I nagged, and Eric grabbed his bass and amp.
"Alright, alright, let's go."
On the drive back home, I glanced over at Eric.
"I need you to cover for me, just in case."
"What do I gotta do?"
"I'm gonna text Kat and see if her parents are asleep when we get close to the house, and if they are, we're gonna go down to the park or something, and I don't know if my parents will be awake or not, so tell them I'm like... Getting some food for us or whatever."
"Alright, whatever."
"Thanks."

When we got home, Eric and I went into my house. My parents were asleep.
"It's two o'clock. They probably have work tomorrow morning."
I whispered to Eric, and he nodded.
"I'm gonna go get Kat."
I said as Eric stealthily walked up the stairs. I pulled out my phone, opened a new text, typing in the message, and hitting Kat's name. I turned and stepped out the door, quietly closing it and heading down the street. As I stepped on Kat's yard, she came out of her house dressed in a pair of jeans, a sweater, and a pair of Toms. She took my breath away. She ran up to me and jumped in my arms. I smiled, spun her around, then sat her down, laid a hand on her cheek and kissed her. After parting, she laced her fingers with mine and started running, tugging me along with her.
"Babe, I'm exhausted."
I said, and she stopped and turned around, giving a frown.
"Well, come upstairs and sleep with me."
"I can't. What if our parents find out?"
"Well, I know my parents are going to work in the morning, and they don't come in my room, so they'll never know if you spend the night."
She persuaded, putting her hands on my waist and pulling our bodies together.
"Same with my parents..."
"Alright, well, then come on."
"Are you sure?"
"John, let's go."
She said, rolling her eyes and pulling me along with her. We went back up to her house and snuck inside and upstairs. She kicked her shoes off as I sat on her bed, and she crawled into my lap. I laid my hands on her waist, and she pushed me on my back. She kissed me, and we rolled around on her bed for a minute, wrestling.

"Aren't we playful tonight?"
I chuckled, and she grinned, pulling my jacket off. She laid her lips on my neck, kissing every inch of skin, before sitting back up and sitting on my hips. I kicked my shoes off, and she tugged on my shirt.
"No, Kat."
I whispered, grabbing her hand. She gave me a puppy dog lip, and I smiled, kissing her. I gently pushed her off of me and she laid down. I put my arm around her, hugging her close to my body. She snuggled up, laying her head in my neck, before closing her eyes.
"Goodnight."
I whispered, kissing her forehead. She mumbled something, and I chuckled, then pulled the blankets over us and closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: When I Come Around - Green Day

Sorry it's kinda short, I didn't really know what to do. It's in John's point of view, so! Tell me what you think! Did you like? Did you not like it? Would you wanna see more in his point of view or someone else's point of view and if so, who else? haha okay.

If I see one more joke about Fall Out Boy never coming off hiatus, I'm gonna go lay down and cry. I'm still hopeful. I can be a dreamer, can't I?!

Thanks for reading, tell me what'cha think! Subscriptions and comments are much appreciated!