Status: We'll see where this goes...

Bad Habits

I thought I could live in your arms, and spend every moment I had with you

"Get up, tomorrow's the last day before we go on Spring Break."
I woke up to Kennedy on my computer and Nicole yanking clothes out of my closet and throwing them on my bed. I stood and stretched with a yawn, before going into my bathroom to take a shower. I let the cool water run down my body, goosebumps rising on my skin. After scrubbing my hair and body with soap, I rinsed off, then got out, wrapping a towel around myself and brushing my teeth. I dried my body, before getting dressed in a floral skirt and a crop top. I went out and sat on my bed, then pulled on a pair of heels. Nicole gave a wide grin, approving of my outfit, then pulled me back in my bathroom to add a few more loose curls to my already natural curly hair, and do my make up. When she finished I stepped out and looked at Kennedy.
"Do I look okay, Kenny?"
I asked, and he turned around. His jaw dropped and his eyes got wide.
"Breathtaking." he whispered, and I smiled, then walked over to him and kissed his cheek.

I heard John's truck pull into the driveway, and I smiled. Grabbing my bag, I ran down stairs and outside. John raised his eyebrows at me, giving a smile. I got in the passengers side, and he laid a hand on my bare thigh, leaning over and kissing me.
"You look amazing."
"Thank you."
I smiled sweetly, buckling up.
"Our parents are leaving tonight to go on their own Spring Break vacation, which means you, me, Nicole, Kennedy and Eric are going to the bar tonight, and skipping school tomorrow."
"Sounds fun!"
I grinned, and he nodded, lacing his fingers with mine.

We pulled up to school and headed inside, hand in hand. When the bell rung, John walked me to my first period, Spanish. Like usual, I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he looked around before we snuck a kiss.

******

That night, Nicole and I were in my bathroom getting ready, while the three of the boys were at John's house. Nicole wore a skimpy, figure hugging dress, while I wore my tribal print dress from the dance, when John and I first started dating. I slipped on a high pair of stilettos, then grabbed my purse, slipping my wallet in it. We heard John's truck and Kennedy's car pull up, and I smiled. As I started to walk out of my bedroom door, Nicole grabbed my wrist.
"Take this."
She said, holding up a small, square, silver package.
"Why?"
"We're all gonna get so shit faced tonight, something's bound to happen."

Something was definitely right. Something I thought I would never have to see, pain I'd never have to feel.

I smiled, then took the condom from between her fingers and slipped it in my purse. I grabbed her hand and we ran downstairs and outside, where the boys were all dressed up, waiting for us. They wore a nice button up shirt and a pair of jeans. John was beautiful, as usual. I didn't pay much attention to the others, since I was lost in every movement John made.

When we got to the bar, we headed inside, showing off our fake ID's. We sat at the bar and ordered drinks, everyone else ordering hard liquor, while I just took a beer. Someone would need to drive home tonight. After hours of drinking, the only people who were really that drunk was Nicole and Eric. John headed outside, Nicole disappeared, and Kennedy, Eric and I stayed at the bar.

"Eric, we've been here awhile, you ready to go?" I yelled over the loud music to him, and he nodded.
"Okay, come on."
I mumbled, and he stood.
"Kenny, you and Eric go look for Nicole, I'll go find John."
I ordered and he nodded. I headed outside and looked around for a few minutes, until I turned the corner to the back side of the building to see what I never thought I'd see. Nicole in John's arms, tongues in each others mouths. My jaw dropped, and tears welled up in my eyes. I slapped my hand over my mouth, forcing the tears back and turned on my heels. I ran right into Kennedy's chest.

"Hey, what's wrong?"
He asked, wiping the tear that had dropped from my eye and onto my cheek.
"Where's Eric?"
"He's in John's truck, sleeping. I came it here to look for Nicole."
"I found her."
"Where is she?"
"I hope she burns in hell."
I said coldly, pulling away from Kennedy and heading back to the building. He quickly turned and ran after me, grabbing my wrist and turning me around to him. He looked down into my eyes, holding me close to my body.
"Kiss me."
I said, and he furrowed his brow.
"What?"
"Kiss me."
I repeated. His eyes flashed from mine, to my lips, until he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. I laid a hand on his cheek, while the other tangled in his short hair, and he held me close to him by my hips.

We pulled away after a minute, and he bit his lip.
"What's going on?"
"Nicole and John are in the back of the building making out. Please take me home."
"...Okay."
Our bodies parted, but he kept his fingers laced with mine, until we reached his car. I got in the passengers seat, and he got in the drivers seat, starting the car up.

When we got back to my house, Kennedy and I went upstairs to my room.
"I don't want to see them again. Either of them."
I mumbled taking my shoes off and throwing them in my closet. Kennedy caught me by the hips and pulled me into his body from behind.
"Take my dress off."
I said, and his lips curled into a smile as he ran them down my neck. He unzipped it, then slid it off of my shoulders, kissing wherever my skin was revealed. It dropped to the floor, so I picked it up and threw it in my dirty clothes hamper, before crawling into my bed. Kennedy took off his shirt and jeans, throwing them on my chair, then slid in bed next to me. He wrapped his arms around me, and I turned around, kissing him. He ran his tongue on my bottom lip, and I opened my mouth, taking his tongue. He crawled on top of me, straddling me. I clawed at his neck as he moved his lips down my neck, unhooking my bra.
"Kennedy..." I breathed, looking up in his lust clouded eyes. He hooked my bra back up, then got off of me. I snuggled into his bare chest, as he wrapped his arms around me, missing my bare shoulders a few times.
"I love you."
He whispered, pecking me on the cheek a couple times.
"I love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Three Cheers For Five Years - Mayday Parade