Status: We'll see where this goes...

Bad Habits

I never wanna see your face round here anymore, cause it's a breakdown

The next morning, I woke up half naked in Kennedy's arms.
"What the fuck..." I mumbled, sitting up and rubbing my pounding head. Kennedy squinted his eyes open, and looked up at me, before sitting up.
"Okay, I know I was a little drunk, but I'm almost positive we didn't..."
"No, we didn't."
He reassured, and I sighed, nodding. I threw myself back down on my pillow staring up at my ceiling, until we heard my front door open. I jumped up and looked at Kenny.
"Get dressed!"
I whispered, and he grabbed his clothes.
"Just... Get in the bathroom. Don't come out until I tell you."
I said, shoving him inside and closing the door. I quickly yanked one of my over sized shirts from my closet and slipped it on, jumping back in bed. I looked around, then grabbed the remote and turned on the TV.

Less than a minute later, John walked in my room.
"What do you want?"
I said coldly, narrowing my eyes at him. His hand flew to the back of his neck. He was nervous. Asshole.
"I just... You left pretty quick last night. I was just coming over to see if you were okay."
"You wanted to see if I was okay?"
"Yeah... Kennedy took you home, I'm guessing..."
"Yeah. And you know what, I'm not fucking okay."
I said, standing up.
"My fucking boyfriend and best friend we're making out behind a bar last night. I'm not okay!"
"Kat, I can explain."
"No, no you can't. I don't want to hear your damn excuses."
I spat as he slowly back out of my room, his hands held up defensively.
"Get the fuck out, John. I'm through with you and Nicole. I don't want to see you again." I said, slamming my bedroom door in his face. I sat back down on my bed, my arms crossed as I swallowed down the tears that burned at my eyes. When I finally heard my front door close, Kennedy came out all dressed.
"I'm sorry."
I said, looking up at him.
"It's not your fault. There's no reason you should be sorry." Kennedy said, sitting next to me. He put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my head.

"Kenny..."
"Hmm?"
"We aren't... Together... Are we? What exactly did I miss last night?"
"Well, you remember the whole John and Nicole part, obviously, and I was there, and you told me to kiss you..."
He started, then turned towards me. He put a hand behind my neck, while the other loosely gripped my hip.
"And it was the best kiss you ever had."
Kennedy leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. After a moment, I clutched his shirt, pulling him closer to me as he opened my mouth and took my tongue.

"After that, we came back here."
He said, laying me on my back and crawling over me.
"And you told me to take off your dress, and I did. And then I took off my clothes, hoping for a little fooling around or something, and we got in bed and made out a little bit."
He paused to peck me on the lips a couple times.
"And when I unhooked your bra, you breathed my name in the sexiest way possible, but I knew you weren't ready, so I hooked it back up and laid down next to you, and we went to sleep."
"You saw my boobs?"
"Sadly, I did not."
"That sounds like a disappointing night for you."
"Eh, I got to kiss you and undress you."
He said with a smile.
"So, I guess it's your choice if you want us to be a couple."
He said with a sigh, laying down next to me. I searched his eyes for a second, before sighing and burying my face in his chest.
"I'm sorry, Kenny."
"That's alright. We can always be friends with benefits."
He chuckled, and I smiled, then leaned up and kissed him.
"Maybe that'd be better, because I love your kisses, but I don't want a real relationship right now."
'You're an idiot, you stupid whore.'
I thought to myself, biting my bottom lip.

"Do you want me to go?"
He asked, studying my eyes.
"No. ...I mean... I would like to be alone for a few days, if that's all right...?"
"It's fine, dear. It's your Spring Break, spend it how you want it."
He smiled, then kissed my forehead.
"I love you, Kat."
"I love you, too, Kenny."
Kennedy stood from my bed and grabbed his wallet and phone, shoving them in his back pockets.
"I'll see you in a few days, okay?"
He said, and I nodded with a smile. He headed out of my room and downstairs. When I heard my front door close, I got up and took a shower.

I turned on my shower, letting the warm water rain over me, soaking my alcohol scented body. I scrubbed my body and hair until I smelled of soap again, then got out and dried off. I put on a pair of clean underwear and a clean bra, then put my over sized shirt back on. I put my damp hair up into a bun and went downstairs. I took a bag of chips and a canned tea from my kitchen and sat down on my couch, turning on the TV. I felt like shit. Heart broken. Betrayed. Depressed. Alone. I turned on The Office and watched every possible episode that was on Netflix.

And that's how it was for days. Almost the entire week.

Until Wednesday afternoon. Everything changed then.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Breakdown - Forever The Sickest Kids