Status: Updating Weekly

The Eyes are the Windows to the Soul.

Bitch, mind your own damn 'bidness. Part 1

*I totally forgot to mention this in my last author's note, but this chapter is going to be a few weeks after the welcoming party. Kay? Kay.*

"Wake up! Wake up!" Jimmy screamed as he jumped up and down on my bed. I groaned and rolled over as he flopped down next to me. "It's your first day of sccchhoooollll!" he sung in an annoyingly high pitched voice. I glared at him from under my pillow and he just smiled that goofy grin of his and jumped out of my bed.

"Get up! Get dressed! Val made breakfast, and Zaaaaccckkkk is here." He teased. I huffed and sat up and threw my pillow at him as ran out of my room screaming that he had 'woken the beast'. I got out of bed and found myself thinking about Zack as I grabbed my clothes for the day out of my dresser. I went into the bathroom and got dressed, brushed my hair, outlined my eyes in eyeliner and put on my sun block. Satisfied, I headed out of my bathroom and grabbed some socks, my messenger bag, my cell phone, and my hoodie and headed down stairs.

Now that all the boring stuff is done, back to Zack. Seriously, ever since the party he has been avoiding me like the plague. I mean, I bathe on a regular basis, so that's not it. I know that the guy's have been in the basement studio working on the new album a lot, but damn, he doesn't even say "hi" anymore. Just nods and exits the room as fast as possibly. Men. I will NEVER understand them.
Now that that little rant is over, back to 'bidness. It's my first day of school. Exciting, right? Wrong. I took a tour of the school, met all my teachers, met some students, and it all seemed great.

Except they all expected me to be normal, and talkative. They all wanted to know why I was mute and why I was in foster care, and let me tell you, it took all I had not to write 'Bitch, mind your own damn 'bidness.' at them in my rainbow unicorn note book. Yeah, I know, super intimidating right? Right. But anyway, Val and Matt took care of it, the school even had a god damn assembly to tell all the kids to be nice to me because I'm mute. Yeah, because that's TOTALLY going to make them be nice to me. Thank you, Mr. Principal man, I owe you one.

As I entered the kitchen and smiled and nodded to everyone, my way of saying good morning now I suppose. Val, as always, smiled and Matt put his plate in the sink and tussled my hair as he made his way back down to the studio. Val set a plate of food in front of me, which I happily devoured in minutes. I helped her clean up and load the dishwasher, this was kind of out routine now. In the past two weeks, I've become very at home. Everyone is so nice, and I honestly don't think I could have been placed with a better family. I wasn't sure if it was going to be possibly, but I'm happy here. My parents would have loved Matt and Val, I know they would have.

After we were done in the kitchen, it was time to go. I pulled on my socks, shoes and hoodie and stuffed my phone in my pocket and grabbed my messenger back and was headed for the door with Val before I was tackled to the ground by, you guessed it, Jimmy.

"Oh, no you don't missy. You don't get to leave before giving your bestest friend eeeeeevvvvvveeeerrrrr and hug goodbye. Oh, and Zack. Zack wants a hug too." He said, as he helped me up from the ground. Yeah, I wan't lying when he said he tackled me. I gave him a "what the fuck" look as he pulled me into a rib crushing bear hug where he literally lifted me off the ground.

"Okay, Jimbo. It'd be nice if you shared my daughter, and uh, didn't crush her." Matt said, coming up the stairs. Yeah, he called me his daughter. At first I kind of just ignored it because I thought it was kinda odd, but now it makes me smile. As odd as it is I've become quite fond of the nickname. I even refer to him as "father" sometimes, which always makes him laugh. Jimmy finally set me down and I was engulfed in Matt's muscly hug, which sounds gross, but he's a freakin' teddy bear and gives some of the best hugs ever. He let me go and tussled my hair again, earning a glare type pout from me in the process, before giving Val a kiss and heading back down stairs. Zack stood there looking at me awkwardly, and I stared back. It was a vicious awkward circle. You know, until Momma Sanders intervened.

"Okay Zack, if you're going to hug her, grow a pair and hug her, other wise she's going to be late." She said, tapping her foot impatiently. His eyes widened and he started to head for the stairs before turning back to me and pulling my into his slightly squishy and slightly muscled chest. But before I could think to hug him back he was already headed down the stairs, and I was left wondering what it was that had been stabbing me in the stomach as Val dragged me out the door. Oh god. I hope it was his belt buckle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello lovelies, I'm sorry this chapter is late, but I had to catch up on some sleep, and then my laptop decided to have a seizure and not work properly. BUT! Here it is, a tad short, but it's here. I hope you all enjoy. Don't for get to tip our waitresses, thank my slave driver for help on the update, and GIVE ME LOVE!

Love and Pudding,
Raven.