Status: New Story

Untitled

Prologue

In the town car, on the way back to her posh penthouse, Blair replays the events that occurred moments ago at Chuck’s Saints & Sinners mascaraed party. Blair wasn’t planning on attending, but after Chuck sent her favorite chef to her house to make her his signature lobster potpie, she needed to see him. Only the night didn’t go as plan, and Blair suddenly realized in order to chase her dreams, she would need to focus on her, not Chuck. The conversation she had moments ago still lingers in her mind.
“As long as I’m with you, I’m Hilary in the White House…. I want to be Hilary, Secretary of State!” Chuck shook his head in disagreement, “You’ll find another way to show the world you’re a force to be reckoned with. We’ll build our futures together!” Now, it’s Blair that disagrees, “I followed my heart all of last year, and it led me nowhere. And now, I need to follow my head.” “You don’t need to choose between them. Look at Brad and Angelina, they take turns on top.” Chuck smiles the slightest bit, feeling as though he has won. “Yeah, but she won an Oscar first. I’m sorry, but I have to be Blair Hotchner before I can be Chuck Bass’ girlfriend.” The smile has faded from his face, fear takes its place. “I love you.” Blair tears up to that simple statement, because she waited a long time to hear it. “I love you, too…” She tries to read his face, “I don’t expect you to wait.” A different, more sincere smile spreads across his face, “If two people are meant to be together, eventually they’ll find their way back to each other.” “Do you really believe that?” ”I do.” “So do I!” This is the last exchange of words. Blair turns to leave, but stops, looks deep into Chuck’s eyes, and then continues to her waiting car.
As Blair exits the elevator that takes her from the ground floor to the entryway of her home, she sighs. She knows what needs to happen in order to fulfill her dream of becoming a strong, powerful, independent woman. She has to leave Manhattan.
She considered Paris, but after the summer she spent there, she feels like it is a place of fairy tales and make-believe. The only place that she knows of that isn’t a land of careless daydreaming and endless shopping is Virginia. Virginia is where her father is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Obviously, I used the lines from the Gossip Girl 4x09 Episode Witches of Bushwick. The quotations in this prologue are not my work, copyrighted material from the CW Television show Gossip Girl.