Status: New Story

Untitled

Ch2: Daddy is Always Right!

“I’ve came here to start over. I've already transferred from Columbia to Georgetown University. I would prefer something within the top 10, but since there isn’t anything like that around here, I settled for the twenty-seconded highest ranking school in the nation.” Blair is proud of this fact, and displaying it with her triumphant smile. “That’s wonderful, but I still don’t understand why you left your home to come to Virginia.” Blair sighs, “Manhattan isn’t home anymore. You left years ago; mother moved to Paris last summer; Serena is in California, I’m all alone there.” They stare at each other, waiting. They both know there is more to the story, but Blair isn’t ready to confess. “The point is, Daddy, that I’m here and I have no plans on leaving.” With that determined statement, Aaron finally cracks a hopeful smile. “Well, that’s great! I’m thrilled you’re here.” And with that, Blair walks towards her father, and he towards her, and they embrace in a long-awaited hug. Aaron quickly pulls away when he hears a soft knock on his office door, left opened by Blair. “Excuse me,” the small, blonde woman smiles at Blair, “Hotch, we’re ready to get started.” “Thank you,” he nods towards her and she backs out of the room, closing the door with her. “Blair, I’m sorry, but I have a case that I need to work on, can we continue our conversation later?” The smile on Blair’s face fades, she knows that a case means he will be busy for hours if not days, “Yes, of course. You do have a job to attend to.” “Great! What hotel are you staying at? I can call you as soon as I have some time.” “The Hotel Monaco in Alexandria. I’m planning on looking at condos tomorrow; I need to find something more permanent.” “Okay, well I will get in contact with you as soon as I can and we can go from there. I’m sorry if this seems rushed, but I really must be going.” Blair shakes her head, “Don’t be, there will be plenty of time for us to catch up! See you soon, Daddy,” and with that, she kisses him on the cheek and walks away.

Now, Aaron has to face his team of profilers, most of who have been staring through his office windows from their desks in the bullpen. They meet in the conference room where Penelope, a curvy woman whose personality is almost as vibrant as her clothing, is prepping the team with folders featuring information regarding the crimes and photos which she enlarges on the large computer screen behind her. She’s wearing an electric blue dress and plaid cropped jacket that both clash with her bright red hair. Before she can begin to talk about the case at hand, all eyes are on Aaron, who is greeted with eager eyes and questions about who the woman in his office was and what she wanted. Aaron, known by his colleagues as “Hotch”, is able to avoid the questions long enough to hear about the case in Michigan. Several middle age men have apparently committed suicide. The problem is all seven of them have done so in the exact same manner: suffocation via plastic bag. But not just any plastic bag; every victim has a generic blue t-shirt bag over their heads when their bodies are discovered.

On the plane, Hotch is again questioned, this time, by his co-worker/best friend, David Rossi. “So… Was that who I think it was?” “Yes, that was Blair.” Dave was the only person he worked with that knew of his past marriage and his daughter. Hotch liked to keep his personal life, personal; but after a few drinks one evening after work, Hotch mentioned how he now had two failed marriages under his belt, and two children that have a reason to hate him. He figured Blair hated him for leaving her and Eleanor, moving five hours away and rarely visiting. While his seven-year-old son, Jack, idolizes him, he fears he will grow up to hate him when he discovers that his mother was murdered by one of his father’s enemies. “Well, what happened?” Dave is digging for the story behind Blair’s surprise visit. “Not now, Dave.”

~

The following day, Blair is looking at apartments and condominiums to move into permanently. The first one was “too modern” for her taste; the second was “a dump”; and now she is looking at the third place: a penthouse in Oldtown Alexandria. It’s perfect, at least, for Blair. It has two levels, three bedrooms and two-and-a-half bathrooms, just like her childhood home in New York. The marble floor in the lobby is met with a lush white carpet in the living room and polished wood panels in the dining room. Up the stairs, the master bedroom has the same wood floor and an huge cylindrical window with a perfect view of the George Washington Masonic Temple near the Kings Street Metro. With the likeness to her childhood home and the wall of windows and the great view, Blair doesn’t think twice before blurting out, “I’ll take it!” She filled out the required paperwork and signed all the forms without ever asking how much the condo would cost; it didn’t matter. Her mother was a top of the line fashion designer; her father is a former federal prosecutor turned FBI agent – she had all the money she could ever dream of.
Blair quickly enlists the help of an interior designer. The condo comes completely furnished, but the only thing in the house Blair likes is the dining room table and chairs. The rest is sold, donated or traded for pieces that are more of her style. While discussing the color themes of each room, Blair is interrupted by a phone call. “Blair, I’m sorry it has taken me so long to call, we’ve been really busy with this case.” Blair is thrilled her father kept his word, “No apologies necessary, Daddy, I was just talking décor with my interior designer.” “You’ve already found an apartment? That didn’t take long.” Blair smiles as she gloats, “Apartments are for the less fortunate, Daddy, I found a penthouse that is just like the Waldorf back home! I fell in love as soon as I saw it; I just had to have it!” “Please, tell me you didn’t buy a penthouse the first time you saw it.” Blair’s smile turns into a puzzled look, “Of course I did! I couldn’t risk someone else getting it!” “Blair, you don’t know the first thing about real-estate! You can’t just…” “Daddy! Trust me when I say I know what I was doing, I brought in an expert!” Expert was an overstatement. Chuck Bass might own several properties, but it doesn’t make him an expert.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, I'm not creative enough to think of any details about Hotch and the BAU team being on a case, so that is pretty much as far as I will discuss their cases.
BTW, I am the type of person that likes a lot of details, I have to build up to everything in a realistic fashion. What I am trying to say is that Spencer is coming! It will take a few more chapters before they meet and even more before they ever get together. just a heads up!