Status: HIATUS

Trick or Treat

Chapter Eight / His Point of View

“I love you too Greg, but I can’t...I’m so sorry.” Then she pushed me away. I stared at her not knowing what to say. Was this for real? I was waiting for her to tell me that it was all some sick joke. She didn’t tell me that, she just drove away. I stood there for like ten minutes not knowing what I should do. Should I follow her? Should I call Nick and tell him that there was a change of plans and I could go over, or should I just go home? I answered myself with none of the above. I slowly made my way back into the lab and to the locker room. No one. Then my cell beeped. It was Catherine.
Is everything ok Greg? I saw Halle driving away in quite a hurry. Did something happen? Damn.
I happened Cath. She probably already knew about Halle and I already, since she pretty much knows everything. I assumed that Grissom probably already knew as well so it’s not like I can make it any worst by talking to someone about it. Can I maybe talk to you about something?
Of course you can. I’m in my office.
A couple of minutes later I was walking in her office, feeling really awkward.
‘Hey.’ I mumbled.
‘Hey Greg, what’s up? Have you been crying?’ She asked me with a very worried expression.
‘Uh...No?’ I coughed. ‘Maybe.’
‘Sit.’ She pointed to the chair and I sat down. ‘Tell me what happened.’
So I told her pretty much everything from what I saw in the locker room to what happened in the parking lot.
‘Well, you got yourself in some situation there Greg.’
‘Yeah I kinda know. What am I supposed to do? We weren’t even supposed to...well... be involved with each other.’
‘I have some good news for you, well it could be good. Considering that she wasn’t a CSI, but worked in the morgue, it’s not as bad as if you started going for...Sarah for example. It’s none of my business or Grissom’s because she isn’t our CSI.’
‘So you’re saying that it was ok that we where dating? That means I fucked it up for nothing...’ I put my head in my hands and sighed.
‘I’m not saying that it was ok, you still work at the same place. You just wouldn’t have gotten fired.’
‘So what should I do?’ I asked her, but was really asking myself.
‘Give her some time.’ She got up and patted my back. ‘Anyways I have some work to do. Go home and get some rest, she’ll probably have cooled off by tomorrow anyways.’
I nodded and walked to my car in a trance and drove home.